West Ham v Leeds (H) - Monday 8 March

Comments

• IronHerb said:

A lot of stupid shots from long range today. Not sure why.

Because we kept them away from our goal.
    I meant from us.
  • well played. Leeds shooting was awful but a decent game for chances for both sides anyway.
  • Moyes won't be happy with this game. We started sloppily and rode our luck for the second half. Leeds didn't really deserve to lose but if we want European football next season we can't afford not to win.
  • We won without playing well, especially in he second half. Didn't look that we would score from open play.
  • Another good win against a 'one of a kind' Leeds side who are pretty relentless. We weren't at our best in the second half but even so Fab only had two saves to make.

Upwards and onwards.

COYI
  • All in all it turned into a bit of a strange game, great result, 3 points, 5th place and a clean sheet sheet to boot, just not sure how.

Dawson was immense, not sure I want to see the second half stats but we just could not keep hold of the ball and how Leeds failed to score is beyond me, Bamford should surely have scored.

Did I say that Dawson was immense, I thought so but wanted to make sure.
  • Watch out Bayern Munich - we're coming for you.
  • 5 points off 3rd place Leicester.....with a game in hand

2 points off 4th place Chelsea...with a game in hand

5 points ahead of Liverpool.....WITH A GAME IN HAND

What a season so far

10 points ahead of Arsenal!
  • IronHerb said:

A lot of stupid shots from long range today. Not sure why.

Because we kept them away from our goal.
    I meant from us.
    Oh.  😂
  • I pinch myself still waiting for the wheels to fall off....but I'm enjoying one hell of a ride
  • Moyes will say he wasn’t happy with our performance & we could have played better

Would be nice if he didn’t have to say that every week 😂
  • Good old SKY. "West Ham could have found themselves 2-0 down on another occasion."

So being offside and the ball going out of play would have gone unnoticed on 'another occasion?'

Give me strength.
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes will say he wasn’t happy with our performance & we could have played better

Would be nice if he didn’t have to say that every week 😂

But he will say that every week as he won't let them sit on their laurels.
  • Terrible 2nd half but a decent win. Leeds are a tricky side as they seem to run and run and run.
  • I don’t think people should be too bothered by Leeds chances, that happens every game they play, whether they lose 4-0 or 6-2, they create loads of chances. They play a very unique brand of football. They were always going to have 3/4 clear chances today. I was just frustrated that we didn’t do more in the second half with the ball.

But 3 points, it’s not a fluke, we keep winning because we are a good side.
  • Great 3 points, 2nd best in 2nd half...
    Dawson easy deserving of MOM.
    Although Mike Dean must have been a close 2nd🤪🤪⚒️⚒️
  • IronHerb said:

Good old SKY. "West Ham could have found themselves 2-0 down on another occasion."

So being offside and the ball going out of play would have gone unnoticed on 'another occasion?'

Give me strength.

With how officials usually treat us, we could easily have been 2 down regardless of whether the goals should have stood or not.
  • Beat Leeds. Right up there amongst them.

I have had my first COVID jab. Life is ok.
  • Leeds average almost 2 goals a game in away PL games this season
  • Beat Leeds. Right up there

I have had my first COVID jab. Life is ok.

And I’ve had mine 👍
  • it is a bit of a lingard love in but Moyes has added a bit of a check to that
  • I really like how honest and articulate Rice and Moyes are in their interviews.
  • I think Dekkers has had some media training as he seems different in his interviews this season.
  • Did we really only have 35% possession?

Did Leeds really only have 2 shots on target?

Didn't feel like that.
  • Just read that 7 of our last 13 goals have come from Lingard ...... & Dawson!! 🤣
  • Three shots on target MrsG. Two saved by Fab and one cleared off the line by Dawson.
  • Winning ugly. I'll take that😜
  • edited March 2021
    IronHerb said:

Three shots on target MrsG. Two saved by Fab and one cleared off the line by Dawson.

Ok. Was reading BBC match stats
  • MrsGrey said:

IronHerb said:

Three shots on target MrsG. Two saved by Fab and one cleared off the line by Dawson.

Ok. Was reading BBC match stats
    Shot cleared by a defender doesn’t count as a shot on target it counts as a block. Shots on target are saved or go in. Target wasn’t Dawson, after all!

On the BBC Fabianski got a 9.64 rating from viewers, after making only two saves!
  • Not sure about all this winning ugly stuff. Apart from the first ten minutes we played well, scored twice, hit the woodwork twice and restricted them to forcing Fab to make one good save and Dawson to clear one off the line. It was a solid performance with a clean sheet against a good, attacking team. Let's keep with this ugly stuff for the rest of he season.