West Ham v Leeds (H) - Monday 8 March

Comments

• edited March 2021

I reckon Soucek will run onto the field and hand over a tub of Tesco finest potato salad to Dean to show him that he forgives him

And that will go to VAR, with Mike Dean showing Souček the red card after a small infringement on the expiry of the best before date is highlighted...
  • Which sends Coufal into a rage which sees him repeatedly stab Mike Dean in the arm with the mini fold out plastic fork.
  • opportunity to close in on Leicester
  • Huuuuuge game
  • opportunity to close in on Leicester

And ManU. Just imagine Palace get something from the match today, City extend their run at the weekend and we beat Leeds. That would mean that we could actually go at least level on points with ManU when we play them.

A lot of ifs and buts, I know, but isn't it lovely to talk about this komd of stuff at the top of the table rather that trying to avoid relegation.
  • edited March 2021

opportunity to close in on Leicester

And ManU. Just imagine Palace get something from the match today, City extend their run at the weekend and we beat Leeds. That would mean that we could actually go at least level on points with ManU when we play them.

A lot of ifs and buts, I know, but isn't it lovely to talk about this komd of stuff at the top of the table rather that trying to avoid relegation.
    For sure, more often than not (or at least it feels like it) I feel like I have to support Man Utd (through gritted teeth) in a fixture like this at this stage of the season to ensure our relegation rivals don't pick up unexpected points, rather than this season hoping the underdog will nick a point or 3 off our Champions League places rivals.
  • Right, one of the three results needed hss gone our way. Now it is down to City and uns at the weekend.
  • Munich, Onto tomorrow night where it would be helpful if Fulham & WBA didn't lose and Liverpool v Chelsea ended up a draw. Not asking for too much am I. =)
  • edited March 2021

The programme cover for Monday's game.
  • Nice touch
  • Sky go 2-1 and Lawro 2-0
  • As others have suggested now is the time to unleash our best attacking front 4. Benrahma, Lingard and Bowen behind Antonio.
    Leeds play some very good, possession football but their central defence is weak and set plays their Achilles heal. 3-1 to the mighty Hammers with at least one goal from Dawson.
  • We must smash them.
  • It’s annoying having to wait this long between games when we’re actually a decent side.

Most seasons, the games come around far too quickly.
  • We must smash them.

For once, I concur =)
  • He used to play for us didn't he, John Concur.

Miss, coat please, the one with the clown patches. =)
  • We really must take three points from this one to ensure the momentum built continues into the next two more difficult fixtures against United and Arsenal. Take three points here and If we can look to at least take two points from Utd and Arsenal between them and we could very much still be in the race going into the international break.
  • Anybody else worried that we haven't really had a shock loss since the first game of the season?
  • edited March 2021

Anybody else worried that we haven't really had a shock loss since the first game of the season?

Yes we have, the home defeat to Liverpool ;)
  • Rodrigo and Kalvin Phillips are both in the Leeds squad but they've both been out injured
  • Still some doubt over the gk as both Fab and Dazzer were injured: "I'm hoping we'll have one of them fit by Monday night." (from Friday's press conf)
  • MrsGrey said:

Still some doubt over the gk as both Fab and Dazzer were injured: "I'm hoping we'll have one of them fit by Monday night." (from Friday's press conf)

Which probably means that Martin will be in goal for this one.
  • just been talking to my psychic, She says 1-1 with Haller getting our goal ,Needless to say i never paid her ,Bet she never saw that coming =)
  • If Ex is right, it's looking like our strongest available eleven tonight.
  • As it should be I’d say
  • edited March 2021
    Only 8 subs named, two of them 'keepers 🤔
  • Really strong line-up. Great that Fab is back.
  • Would have preferred Bowen for Fornals but otherwise strong. We will have to be at our best and fittest, as they play with a scary intensity.