West Ham v Leeds (H) - Monday 8 March

Comments

• I'm pleased to see Benrahma getting a start, time for goal from him!
  • Only 8 subs named, two of them 'keepers 🤔

Don't think it's the first time either, thank G&S for a ridiculously thin squad. Just imagine how bad it would be if we had our usual level of injuries.
  • 9 subs is a nonsense imo.
  • Only 8 subs named, two of them 'keepers 🤔

Don't think it's the first time either, thank G&S for a ridiculously thin squad. Just imagine how bad it would be if we had our usual level of injuries.
    There's still time, and that's what scares me. We've managed to buck the trend this season and not struggle so much with injuries, and we have to trust to luck that continues.
    IronHerb said:

9 subs is a nonsense imo.

It is, but that's not really the point. A PL club should really be able to fill a 20 player match day squad, IMO.
  • Don’t want to tempt fate about injuries but maybe we’ve had fewer than normal because we are much fitter and stronger than we usually are. Up until the beginning of 2020 we were a 70 minute team.
  • Every chance that's why Thorn, and hopefully it is. Ogbonna's injury was all down to an on-field impact, and the only other significant injuries I can think of are to Antonio, Yarmolenko and now Fredericks, who are all a bit prone to the odd muscle pull anyway.
  • Every chance that's why Thorn, and hopefully it is. Ogbonna's injury was all down to an on-field impact, and the only other significant injuries I can think of are to Antonio, Yarmolenko and now Fredericks, who are all a bit prone to the odd muscle pull anyway.

Masuaku?

Masuaku?
    Oh yeah. That was a pre-existing injury though, I think. We don't seem to have had the same number of muscle injuries as we normally do, which does suggest an improvement in the training and fitness regimes.
  • COME ON YOU IRONS
  • edited March 2021

Only 8 subs named, two of them 'keepers 🤔

It’s the same with the Women’s team. Yesterday they had five subs compared with Chelsea having 9. I know it’s Chelsea with their financial backing but it’s not the first time they have been very short.
  • Nervous now. Have felt confident all day but now I'm getting a bit wobbly.
  • I get nervous every kick off time. I still can’t get used to this new West Ham.
  • Ok it’s only been one pass but Dawson is so much more composed compared to his first couple of games
  • Mike Dean not seeing a blatent Leeds handball 🙄
  • edited March 2021
    Dean up to his usual tricks already, gives Leeds a free kick when their player goes down with no-one near him. He's a disgrace.
  • Goal for Leeds. Poor start this.
  • Anytime we want to start playing would be nice
  • Blimey. The Sky angle looked like he was on.
  • edited March 2021
    We are asleep here. That should be a wake up call.
  • I hate those offside rulings, even if we’ve benefited here.

Diop really needs to sort out missing headers.
  • edited March 2021
    Oh dear, this doesn't look good.

Edit; Phew, close call
  • Yeah, this has been a pretty dreadful start. Not on it at all.
  • Twice now we've got lucky.
  • They’re “scoring” with every attack. What’s going on.
  • WAKEY WAKEY!!!
  • This could be a long game if we don't wake up.
  • A pasting on the cards here if we carry on like this. We knew how they’d play but seem surprised by it all
  • looks like they are going to score every time they come forward.
  • I’d be surprised if it ends 0-0
  • At the moment I’d take it.