Other Games 13th - 23th Feb

Comments

• So far this season we beat Everton 1-0 away, Liverpool beat us 3-1 away, Everton beat Liverpool 2-0 away

Meh
  • edited February 2021
    What did you all think about the Areola on Bogle incident? I didn’t think that was a foul at all. Keeper made the save when Bogle knocked it forward, and then went through him. If Bogle had headed it, and Areola caught it, and then went through him, nobody would have been suggesting it was a foul, IMO.
  • I agree. Not a pen to my mind but it could have been given by some refs.
  • Looks like Villa are Grealish FC. I’ve read he’s out for several weeks
  • 2 down already. Lovely to see.
  • Villa get one back
  • A draw here would be a good result for the mighty hammers I guess...
  • One point to bear in is that the games in hand that Spurs (1), Everton (1) and Villa (2) have are against each other.
  • I’ve thought about games in hand quite a lot recently (as I guess have other west gam fans).

The old adage seems to be it’s “better to have the points safely in the bag”
  • IronHerb said:

One point to bear in is that the games in hand that Spurs (1), Everton (1) and Villa (2) have are against each other.

Handy....
  • I feel cheated - as Grealish wasn’t playing I only get to laugh at Dean Smith!
  • Yeah, but they lost so you can have a really good laugh.
  • Man City are really scary.
  • It’s only been going 6 minutes and could be 4-0.
  • 4 shots 2 on target, 87% possession.

8 minutes in. 😂😂😂
  • They haven’t faced Craig Dawson
  • It’s obvious that Mariappa must have been at fault for all 8, and but for Dawson, they’d have had a dozen.
  • Man u v Newcastle ,Would like Fulham to stay up which means on one hand i want Newcastle to loose on the other Hand Its Man u Only a point behind them .What to wish for i really dont know
  • I think it’s a draw you are preferring, Steve 😂😂
  • I’m happy to play City the way they’re playing this half.
  • edited February 2021
    Shocking by Rashford, slight contact then he withdraws his feet from under him and cheats a penalty. Refs have got to get away from giving a penalty for the slightest contact in the box when the player makes no attempt whatsoever to stay on his feet. Disgraceful imo, both from Rashford and the ref. The delay between the contact and the fall was embarrassing, if it hadn't been a big club he's getting carded for diving imo.
  • It is disgraceful, but there’s literally no reason a striker wouldn’t do it, as there is no repercussion. The ban Lanzini got a few years ago for “diving” would have got a pen these days as he dived into the contact. The lawmakers and the officials need to do something about it.
  • That is why Mo Salah and others do it on a regular basis as very few referees not even Mr Dean are going to book them for simulation as it is very rare to see that happen. Can anyone really see the VAR official saying no penalty book them for trying it on?
  • VAR really helps attackers as any contact they just go down now.
  • Anyone else notice Haller got two more over the weekend ,Just keeping you all in touch with the one that got away =) =) =)
  • We’ve really struggled without him so far... 😉
  • steve said:

Anyone else notice Haller got two more over the weekend ,Just keeping you all in touch with the one that got away =) =) =)

I am sure this information will help enrich Mrs G’s evening...
  • If he’s in a system he’s used to he will score goals he’s proven that but unfortunately it didn’t work out for him here, but Ay ho he won’t be the first or last that hasn’t worked for us though
This discussion has been closed.