Man Utd in the cup on Tuesday

Comments

• OCS, If he wants to do this then Fornals should be the 3rd CM, with Benrahma in the front 3, surely.

Certainly what I would've gone with. Honestly can't see what Noble brings to the team, other that experience. But we have Fabianksi, Ogbonna and Dawson with plenty of that. And is that more important than what Benrahma brings? Not for me.

Very strange.
  • Very interesting listening to Declan and his take on Moyes influence.
  • I’m not mad about the lineup, personally. We’ll see how it goes, but I think it’s pretty strong overall. I think my main disappointment is that we don’t have a second striker to cover Antonio, but that’s been done to death.

COYI
  • Normally one to back Moyes, and I do trust him

But I'll say it ...

I think he has got it wrong here

No issues with Yarmolenko going up top, but Noble in midfield with no pace is a genuine worry

Wouldve liked to have seen Benrahma
  • Coufal is Coo-fal tonight on comms.

Wonder if Soucek will be So-cek, Soo-cek or Sow-cek.

Also, can all commentators just find out the correct pronunciation and agree on it? Thanks.
  • Feels like it could be a long night. None of our passes are sticking and we can't keep hold of the ball.

• We are giving the ball away cheaply
  • Coufal already getting frustrated at the lack of movement up front.
  • This ain’t gonna be nice
  • Yarmolenko is rubbish in his actual position on the wing, so why he is playing up-front is a mystery to me.
  • edited February 2021
    Omg Oggy 😭
  • Oggy’s done
  • Benrahma would give the full backs an outlet. Unless we go 1-0 up I feel he must come into the game
  • Is that the sound of our season unravelling I hear?
  • Looks like his night is over

Let's hope it's not serious

Balbuena....no Diop....no balbuena....no Diop getting ready

Big loss
  • Currently down to 9 men with Oggy off and Yarmalenko playing
  • Is that the sound of our season unravelling I hear?

Good thing no one has over reacted!!
  • WHU, exactly what I was thinking. 15 minutes in. Let's give 'em a chance
  • Hamstew said:

Currently down to 9 men with Oggy off and Yarmalenko playing

He's doing what I do an hour into my five-a-side games; making a token effort to look like I'm chasing my man when in fact I have no intention to getting involved.
  • Studs up into oggy no doubt that would have been a card if it was one of ours
  • Hopefully not a long one for Ogbonna, he's walking on it so maybe not too bad.
  • Let’s hope Diop does a Dawson and makes himself a starter through his form
  • Interesting that Moyes opted for Diop rather than Balbuena
  • Diop on as a vote of confidence in him, Moyes not expecting a win by playing noble and saving the others for the PL
  • Hamstew said:

Currently down to 9 men with Oggy off and Yarmalenko playing

He's doing what I do an hour into my five-a-side games; making a token effort to look like I'm chasing my man when in fact I have no intention to getting involved.

• Commentator just said that our last trophy was the FA Cup, and I can’t believe anyone would disrespect the Intertoto Cup like that
  • MIAHammer said:

Interesting that Moyes opted for Diop rather than Balbuena

Diop had played on the left a lot, Balbuena and Dawson never have. I’m sure that’s all it is
  • Pattern of the game looks set, defend, defend, defend, pass to midfield, pass back to defence punt forward and hope that the 1 in 20 long balls result in a Man U defensive mistake to capitalise on.
  • We are playing so deep it's unreal