Man Utd in the cup on Tuesday

Comments

• edited February 2021

Shame we’ve got such a hard draw as I think we have a real chance in the cup this year.

Still, they’re not exactly invincible to I live in hope.

COYI

IronHerb said:

You would have to beat City or Chelsea or Spurs or Leicester sometime so why not United tonight.

COYI

Palace, Newcastle and Villa could argue they were far more unlucky to draw Wolves, Arsenal and Liverpool in the 3rd round, at least we got two relatively easy games before we came up against top flight opposition.

And I'm sure Liverpool were less than pleased to draw Man U in the 4th round

I have thought that the Cup should be semi-seeded ever since 2004 when "they" got to the final without playing a single Premier League side.

COYI

• I have thought that the Cup should be semi-seeded ever since 2004 when "they" got to the final without playing a single Premier League side.

COYI

Absolutely not. The randomness of the drawer is what makes it special. The small teams have a chance, if not to win then have a large gate if playing a prem team. Seeding biases the big teams.
  • Microdose mushrooms in the morning
  • Looking forward to this one. Yarma double on the cards

Double yellow is that?
  • No parking the bus?
  • Noble in for Benrahma.

Yarmolenko in for Antonio.

Hold tight everyone, this could be a rough ride.
  • Why oh why is Benrahma not playing
  • Bowen up top or Yarmo?
  • I'm just utterly speechless
  • Noble is finished at this level now
  • Perhaps a penaly awaits us.............COYI
  • Cant see anything less than 3-0 for Man U
  • Noble is replacing Lingard. Fornals is in for Benrahma and Yarmo for Antonio. Could be a very very long night.
  • The team is:
    West Ham United: Fabiański, Coufal, Dawson, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Rice, Souček, Bowen, Noble (c), Fornals, Yarmolenko
    Subs: Trott (GK), Fredericks, Johnson, Diop, Balbuena, Alves, Lanzini, Benrahma, Odubeko

Disappointed that Antonio is not fit - should have bought a striker. Why no Lanzini? We look a bit short in creativity and striker department. There are some options on the bench, but why 3 centre-halves?
  • Pretty strong team if you ask me plenty of pace.Theres goals there ...................West ham on the other hand look a bit week in the middle and up front =) =) =)
  • Packing the midfield to sit deep by the looks of it, but Bowen is the only starter with any pace, so I don't see how we can play on the break.

And three CBs on the bench? Just shows how unbalanced we are.
  • Pengeman said:

should have bought a striker.

Moyes said none of the strikers he wanted were available and if he'd bought another Hugill he'd have got slagged off.

He's looking long term and I respect him for that
  • Would love Noble to have a real captains game ,Even score the winner
  • We will be lucky to get out of our half.
    Oh dear, why oh why are we starting with Noble. Love the man, but he just does not have the legs any more.
  • No idea what the plan is. Feels like with this line up Moyes should have just gone the full hog and given Ogbonna/Dawson/Cresswell/Coufal a rest. Put in Johnson/Fredericks/Balbuena/Diop
  • steve said:

Pretty strong team if you ask me plenty of pace.Theres goals there ...................West ham on the other hand look a bit week in the middle and up front =) =) =)

Yeah, Martial, Rashford and Greenwood all start. I think Ole has us sussed. Pack the front line with pace so Cresswell and Coufal can't get forward. Three in the middle to nullify Rice and Soucek.

Can't see how we can get anything out of this game.
  • Very strange line-up
  • What does Lanzini have to do to get on the pitch ? And 5 defenders on the bench. Crazy. I fear a heavy defeat.
  • We’re playing for the replay ... oh wait ...
  • Lukerz said:

Very strange line-up

Fornals for Lingard was obviously always going to happen. It's Noble starting over Benrahma that's thrown me. I guess Moyes is going with (our only) three CMs to try and counter Utd's 4-3-3. Yarmolenko up front was always likely after Antonio's injury at the weekend.
  • 5 defenders on the bench means when we go 2 down ,We can push Ogbonna,Dawson, And Diop up front that will spook them out =)
  • OCS, If he wants to do this then Fornals should be the 3rd CM, with Benrahma in the front 3, surely.
  • edited February 2021
    According to the OS it’s Noble for Lingard and Fornals for Benrahma not the other way round. Either way Noble isn’t going to add anything.
  • Definitely Moyes using one of his trust me cards that he has earned.

Noble for Soucek in Midfield, Soucek moved into an experimental position but not even central to meet crosses so easily. No place for Behrhama.

If we were not sitting in 6th position with a great tally of points the shouts of you don't know what you're doing may well be ringing out.

As it is lets trust Moyes and see how it pans out. it could be a stroke of genius.