Yuck! Stupid Villa on Wednesday!

Comments

• Coufal absolutely bossed Grealish. He could have had his lunch money if he felt like it.

• edited February 2021
    Why are we so good?

It’s boring.

Irons ⚒
  • alderz said:

Jorderz + Entertainment = Alderz

I forgot this was me!
    Is the secret having a drunk Alderz?
  • It's all about belief. Tonight we had it but didn't on Sunday.
  • A brilliant win, we play with determination and conviction now. Every pundit was going for a Villa win. =)
  • edited February 2021
    Best performance of the season against a decent side. The Moysiahs tactics worked a treat and everyone played their part. Lingard played one of the best debuts that I've seen at West Ham, not just his goals but the link up play as well. He showed his class. Benrahma worked his socks off and probably had his best game so far. Could go through them all with glowing praise but I think you have all covered that already.

I'm absolutely buzzing after watching that.

Now, about that strik............

COYI
  • We have to praise Moyes as well! Who would have thought Lingard would start! And good to see that Fornals wasn’t sacrificed automatically, so Bowen knows he needs to up his game, because all the midfielders can seemingly play across the line.
  • We have to praise Moyes as well! Who would have thought Lingard would start! And good to see that Fornals wasn’t sacrificed automatically, so Bowen knows he needs to up his game, because all the midfielders can seemingly play across the line.

Interestingly in the post match interview Moyes said he wanted Lingard as competition for his creative midfielders and referenced Benrahma, Bowen and Fornals. No mention of Lanzini so I wonder where this leaves him. Both Benrahma and Lingard have come in and made more of an impact than Lanzini has in years (the Spurs goal aside).
  • Liverpool loi think it was just those three had been playing in the last few games.
  • Up at 5 a.m. and read through your comments...think you all need a medal for that performance =) Now to watch the match and laugh at the rest of the world =) =)
  • So happy my premonition that Lingard would start instead of Fornals happened.....Last player to score a brace on debut for us.......Trevor Sinclair
  • edited February 2021
    20 shots, 10 on target, away to a fancied team.

Interestingly in the post match interview Moyes said he wanted Lingard as competition for his creative midfielders and referenced Benrahma, Bowen and Fornals. No mention of Lanzini so I wonder where this leaves him. Both Benrahma and Lingard have come in and made more of an impact than Lanzini has in years (the Spurs goal aside).
    Could be an easy mistake from him missing out Lanzin. Probably nothing to see here!!
  • Really happy to have my concerns put to bed in his first game. Lingard was class. Never thought I'd say that!
  • Rumour has it Coufal has followed Grealish home
  • Coufal reminds me of.........Repka!
  • Coufal reminds me of.........Repka!

Nah, he’s far better than Repka
  • Just seen Dean Smith’s interview and fair play he said we were the better team, and deserved to win 👍🏻
  • edited February 2021
    But the muppets in the (BBC) studio claim Villa had an off day ... grrrrr
  • Benrahma with 4 assists now? And 3 key passes that led to goals. Quietly very effective.
  • I honestly think every member of the Liverpool side on Sunday deserves a knighthood for managing to beat this West Ham side
  • Lingard was great but Coufal was my man of the match, he took out of the game one of the most difficult to mark players in the league. left him frustrated and running away from him to the other side of the pitch. All defenders should watch that match beofre playing Villa, tahts how you take out Grielish and if you take out Grielish you somehwat blunt a difficult to beat side.
  • Lingard was great but Coufal was my man of the match, he took out of the game one of the most difficult to mark players in the league. left him frustrated and running away from him to the other side of the pitch. All defenders should watch that match beofre playing Villa, tahts how you take out Grielish and if you take out Grielish you somehwat blunt a difficult to beat side.

Got to say that Fredericks helped him out marvellously too
  • Masterstroke from Moyes to select Fredericks on the right.
  • Coufal absolutely bossed Grealish. He could have had his lunch money if he felt like it.

Haunting. It’s amazing how he can look simultaneously like quite a nice man and a complete psychopath.
  • He looks like if Tomas Repka was trying to convince the courts that he’s reformed
  • Yeah, you wouldn’t grant that guy parole.
  • Also, when was the last time a West Ham side pressed like this one?

It’s relentless. Brilliant to watch.
  • Brilliant performance, pressed them hard when needed and kept shape at the back, going forward it seemed that everyone had options and were willing to receive a pass to feet, many good performances but credit to Lingard, played as if he had something to prove and he proved it.

COYI