Crystal Palace (A) - 6pm, 26th January

Comments

• Hamstew said:

Hate this lot

Is that so? You’ve never really let on previously??..
  • Hamstew said:

Hate this lot

#Breakingnews
  • Lukerz said:

Got to be the usual side for this:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Bowen - Soucek - Rice - Benrahma
    Fornals
    Antonio

= 2 changes from the home fixture ; Dawson for Diop and Antonio for Haller
  • Think our line up will be stronger than the home match and the onus will be on Palace to attack more as the home team, think we can pick them off on the counter
  • Just had a quick look at our best consecutive win sequences in recent times (spreadsheet goes back to 1994). If we manage a victory tonight the Moyes' name goes up in lights among other legends like Sam Allardyce and Alan Pardew

In 1999-00 we won FIVE games in a row (Leicester, FC Metz (Intertoto Cup), Bradford, Watford, Osijek (UEFA Cup)). Then we lost 1-0 to Everton via a Francis Jeffers goal.

In 2011-12 / 2012-13 we won SIX in a row under Sam, but 5 of those were in the Championship (Leicester, Hull, Cardiff, Cardiff, Blackpool, Aston Villa), and then we got bashed 3-0 by Swansea (Rangel, Michu & Danny Graham!)

And our best recent sequence was in 2005/06 under Pardew when we won SEVEN on the spin (Norwich (FA Cup), Aston Villa, Fulham, Blackburn (FA Cup), Arsenal, Sunderland, Birmingham). Then we got absolutely spanked 4-1 by Bolton (Teddy scored for us, Giannakopoulos (2), Speed & Pedersen for them).
  • Ironic all of those involved manager and ex managers clubs
  • edited January 2021
    If our earlier record is anything to go by (can't believe I'm saying this) we will lose tonight. Every time we've had a chance to go to dizzy heights (and tonight could be 4th) we seem to dissapoint. Maybe the owners have told the manager not to finish too high. Of course, I'll be thrilled skinny to be up there with the big guys, but ever hopeful 🤞
  • edited January 2021
    Tomkins injured, Kouyate and Zaha reported as fit. Only Arthur not available.
  • 2-1 Hammers.

COYI
  • edited January 2021
    Strong line up

• edited January 2021
    At what minute does everyone think Zaha will cry first. I'm going for 8.
  • Dawson against Eze & Zaha, gonna be a proper test today & not sure if he is going to pass it.
  • Benrahma just needs to relax a bit. Can see he is trying too hard. Just relax & the goals will come.
  • I’ve got a feeling we’ll lose this.
  • Doom & gloomerz
  • Tomkinss out with a "training ground accident"? Hope he's okay, despite his current employers I still have fondness for Tomks
  • Pitch looks absolutely soaked.
  • Oh dear, that was quick! 1-0
  • I didn't expect that this early
  • Hmm. That wasn't great.
  • What is it with this lot.
  • Look away now hamstew
  • Made by Benteke’s lay off, but great finish from Zaharia. Oggy caught flatfooted
  • Another diving player the media love glad I am not listening
  • Zaha is the only real danger man, and none of our defenders stepped out to him, and none of our midfielders stepped back.
  • 1-1 brilliant work by Fornals and Antonio set up Soucek