Crystal Palace (A) - 6pm, 26th January

Comments

• edited January 2021
    Yeah, Upson was so bad he was capped 14 times for England 2008-10 after a four year gap
  • So was Carlton Palmer doesn’t make him a good player 😂
  • I couldn't think of his name Cuz. 😂
  • Upson was England’s (joint) top scorer in the 2010 World Cup finals of I’m not mistaken
  • Yep. Joint with Gerrard and Defoe on 1 goal.
  • I thought when a young Tomkins needed guidance he lacked any leadership skills, I called it then and nothing has changed my mind
  • He was good at first and got worse. I don’t remember too many of us being very happy with him towards the end, even when he was getting into the England team.
  • It’s a while back, but I do recollect him being widely criticised by West Ham fans, but i think this was in the latter part of his time with us?
  • His last England cap was 27th January 2010, just after S&G took over...
  • It was the relegation season where he just seemed to give up. Before that he was a good player for us
  • edited January 2021
    alderz said:

It was the relegation season where he just seemed to give up. Before that he was a good player for us

During which he demonstrated such a lack of leadership that Parker was often mistakenly referred to as our captain. But yes, he wasn't all bad before that. Cuz does make a valid point about how he could have been a much better role model and mentor to Tomkins.
  • And our manager too if you think back to the West Brom game
  • Back to the game - is Zaha still injured?
  • alderz said:

It was the relegation season where he just seemed to give up. Before that he was a good player for us

During which he demonstrated such a lack of leadership that Parker was often mistakenly referred to as our captain. But yes, he wasn't all bad before that. Cuz does make a valid point about how he could have been a much better role model and mentor to Tomkins.
    It has been known 👍
  • I can't decide... will it be tomkins scoring a far post header, or Koyate scoring a near post header? Please not both...
  • The question is who is going to score our overhead kick?
  • Well I could just about kick it over your head.
  • Didn't Fornals practise one against Doncaster, and land on his head.   🥴
  • Got to be the usual side for this:

Fabianski
    Coufal - Dawson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Bowen - Soucek - Rice - Benrahma
    Fornals
    Antonio
  • Yeah I don’t think the line up is up for much debate really
  • I do think Moyes should drop Rice ,Cant see his head being in the right place after his move to Chelsea Seems now to be off .After super frank got the push =)
  • Zaha gonna be fit to play apparently
  • I've never really cared about Palace, but now I have a Palace supporting colleague so I need us to win
  • Full backs have to be on their toes with Zaha and Eze running at them
  • Well they better not be on Zaha's toes, he might cry and get our player sent off.
  • Their new signing is not available tomorrow due to visa issues

Apparently Palace have only come back from behind to win a game twice in the last 77 attempts

Have a guess against which team both of these instances happened...
  • Hate this lot
  • I read it somewhere (rather than mining the archives like Alderz or aslef would have done) but the unlucky club appears to be us.