Other matches 15 -21 January

Comments

• We're massive.

• What’s pen mean after the goalscorer
  • It was a penalty.
  • Never seen that after we’ve scored
  • The board shows a minimum of x minutes. Two Burnley players decided to have a lay down during added time so he added that time on.
  • Thought before this that the pressure was getting to Klopp....don't get me wrong I've never bought into the "media darling" that Klopp os this great guy, but the last couple weeks his comments are that of someone who's rattled

And while I didn't expect this, he ran his Dortmund team into the ground and couldn't pull it back together

They have more money to throw at the problem unlike Dortmund, but can see a few similarities, their players look exhausted
  • And they have United again on Sunday, then Spurs Thursday before us the following Sunday. Good time to play them ?
  • And they have United again on Sunday, then Spurs Thursday before us the following Sunday. Good time to play them ?

A good time to play them would be Saturday. I would be very surprised if they were still playing so poorly in 3 games time, but obviously I hope so!
  • If we beat Palace on Tuesday we go above Liverpool! Who would have thought that?
  • Beating Palace will be greater achievement than sitting above Liverpool in the table. They have a nasty habit of spoiling our intentions
  • baracks, they also have a new striker. ☹️
  • I mean they have Ayew, Batshuayi, Benteke and the new person.

And then look at us.. 😂😂😂
  • Seen a rumour we are after Benteke.
  • Moyes said, live on TV, he wants a striker with movement and who runs in behind, like Antonio. I don't see that in Benteke
  • Not a surprise if so. He is out of contract I think end of season. This sort of deal is music to Sully’s ears
  • edited January 2021

I mean they have Ayew, Batshuayi, Benteke and the new person.

And then look at us.. 😂😂😂

Well our midfielder, Soucek, has scored more league goals than all of them put together this season. Who needs strikers?
  • Lukerz said:

Seen a rumour we are after Benteke.

We could always come to a 'Gentleman's Agreement' ...
  • yoyo said:

Moyes said, live on TV, he wants a striker with movement and who runs in behind, like Antonio. I don't see that in Benteke

No, but he'll be relatively cheap, so it's entirely plausible that Moyes Sullivan would be interested
  • I actually think Benteke is alright at stretching the play and running behind. He's just been a really bad finisher the past, idk, 5 years or something. We need a marriage of the two, IMO, someone who can run in behind and will work hard, and someone with anything like a decent record in front of goal.
  • Dodger58 said:

Lukerz said:

Seen a rumour we are after Benteke.

We could always come to a 'Gentleman's Agreement' ...
    Yeah, he stays where he is
  • If we sign benteke I’m out of here till moyes and the board have gone
  • They wouldn’t do it
  • Mind you bubbles you’d probably be happy with benteke
  • Cuz, not really. I wonder if we could clone Antonio =)
  • With his dodgy hammies? Nah. 😧
  • Benteke would make benny look prolific
  • And slim
  • About half of the Palace first team have contracts expiring in the summer

GKs Vincente Guita, Wayne Hennessey, Stephen Henderson,
    CBs Gary Cahill, Scott Dann, Mamadou Sakho,
    FBs Joel Ward, Patrick Van Anhalt, Nathan Clyne, Jeffrey Schlupp, Martin Kelly
    CMs James McArthur, James McCarthy,
    RW/LW Andros Townsend,
    FW Conor Wickham, Christian Benteke.

Cahill is 35 and Dann will be 34 next month so might be hanging up their boots.

On top of that Hodgson is already on a one-year extension, he is 73 so the pipe and slippers might be looking a nice option.

There may be trouble ahead...
  • The entire club is build around Zaha playing so I think they won’t mind any of the rest of that