Burnley (H) - 3pm, 16th January

Comments

• Sometimes we'll tune in to watch a game , not when we're playing but because we think it'll be a cracker. I don't think this will be an exciting game for the neutral. Both teams struggling to score. Still, you never know
  • West Ham 0-1 Burnley
    Burnley 3-0 West Ham
    Burnley 2-0 West Ham
    West Ham 4-2 Burnley
    West Ham 0-3 Burnley
    Burnley 1-1 West Ham

Think it’s fair to say they have our number...
  • So who’s doing the West Brom match thread then? 😂
  • Balbuena is isolating, waiting on Fabianski otherwise everybody fit apart from Arthur
  • edited January 2021
    One for alderz. Looks who's back in training

• I read something saying Moyes is playing on giving Odubelo a PL debut this weekend, which makes sense when we have no other options.

Brave of OCS to predict two goals. This is a one goal game, if that.
  • Sky has it down as 1-0 Burnley
  • alderz said:

I read something saying Moyes is playing on giving Odubelo a PL debut this weekend, which makes sense when we have no other options.

Brave of OCS to predict two goals. This is a one goal game, if that.

Well Chris Wood is definitely scoring, because he's in the same category as Lukaku and Glenn 🤬 Murray, and we have Soucek's productive forehead, so I think we'll both net.
  • One for alderz. Looks who's back in training

Winston. Love him.
  • alderz said:

I read something saying Moyes is playing on giving Odubelo a PL debut this weekend, which makes sense when we have no other options.

90 mins claimed that Odubeko "is expected to make his Premier League bow very soon" but Moyes said this earlier today...

"I think he's somebody we're looking forward to working with, but he pulled his hamstring four months ago and has been out for three months. He's a young player we have big hopes for. With Mipo, he's just back from a long-term hamstring injury, but we like him a lot and will try and bring him along at the right time and when we need him."
  • 2 strikers with dodgy hamstrings. What do they get up to in training? At this rate we'll end up with no strikers
  • yoyo said:

2 strikers with dodgy hamstrings. What do they get up to in training? At this rate we'll end up with no strikers

It's only a matter of time before Antonio's go again. Just a case of whether we get cover in before it happens.
  • I think it’s obvious he’ll be on the bench because there’s no one else. If the game suits it, he’ll get a few mins.
  • One for alderz. Looks who's back in training

❤️
  • edited January 2021
    ‘Winston Reid is the man’

• In a way id rather odubelo is not thrown into this match - certainly not from the start. He will be feeding off very few scraps indeed. It could be a somewhat disheartening baptism. Rather let him loose against West Brom’s defence which could be slightly more accommodating.
  • baracks, a West Brom defence trained by BFS accomodating? =)
  • They’ve conceded 11 in their last 3 games
  • Just reminiscing about Freddie Sears debut goal
  • baracks, the pessimist in me thinks they will stop soon hopefully not until after next Tuesday.
  • Well I’m sure he will have to make his own service lol 😂 😂
  • edited January 2021
    Moyes has got to get the team spot on today. My worry is the overlapping etc & crossing style of play we like to implement will be ideal for what Burnley are best placed to deal with. We are going to need Antonio & Benrahma to have great games & get Benrahma on the ball as much as possible in central positions. I really hope we don’t drop him. Cresswell & Coufal putting crosses into the box is not going to cut it today.
  • Antonio who as just come back from injury and benrahma who hasn’t had a great game since he arrived no pressure then there then
  • Cuz1 said:

Antonio who as just come back from injury and benrahma who hasn’t had a great game since he arrived no pressure then there then

Antonio’s had now 140 minutes plus 4 weeks training. I’d say that’s not just come back.

Benrahma I think has been fairly decent. He’s adjusting to PL, the work ethic is there & he’s trying to find his rhythm. He’ll be fine.
  • Fairly decent to needing a great game is a big margin and in Antonio’s case was a forced issue and still didn’t look fit enough despite his 4 week training and 140 minutes played so far since his lay off
  • According to the bbc Fabianski could make his first appearance of 2020. 😂
  • We’ve had an imposter in goal, who to be fair as played pretty well
  • Burnley likely to be without LB Charlie Taylor (another hamstring), Erik Pieters has been playing in his absence, could be a weak link.
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes has got to get the team spot on today.

If I was to be super picky, I would say when would this ever not be the case? 😂
  • 2-1 to the Hammers. The march to Europe continues.

COYI