Leeds V Westham 8pm Friday 11th December

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Masuaka is having a knee operation so will be out for some time. I thought he had his worst game of the season against Man U but maybe he was hampered a little by this injury.

Tbh he was pretty bad against Villa imo.
  • edited December 2020
    "Today I’m having a knee surgery to help me remove the pain that’s been bothering me for nearly two years now."

Arthur Masuaku

Two years?!?!?!?!??!??!

"R E S P E C T"

Aretha Franklin
  • Aslef...didn't know the great Aretha Franklin had knee problems... =)
  • Aslef...didn't know the great Aretha Franklin had knee problems... =)

Or played wing back =)
  • edited December 2020
    Moyes says Antonio is ""probably doubtful" and "likely doubtful" for tonight.

On "Cressy" "I think he's found a bit of a role which he's comfortable with as a left centre-back, but he's also more than capable of being a left-back".

A hint about our possible formation tonight?
  • edited December 2020
    Ham, this is for you - Loss =)
  • Lawro says 2-0 and Sky say 0-1
  • Doesn't fill me with huge confidence but I think Snodgrass is going to have to play LWB. His lack of pace could leave huge gaps in behind though.
  • I'd be tempted to try Fornals as LWB. He works hard, is already a regular starter, and it frees up his position to give Benrahma a start whilst allowing us to maintain our usual formation.

Fabianski
    Balbuena Ogbonna Cresswell
    Coufal Rice Soucek Fornals
    Bowen Haller Benrahma
  • I don't think Leeds are a team to test whether a player can play in a position he never has done before. They have great movement and their fullbacks are bold and aggressive.

I'd go with a back four, Fornals in the middle with Rice and Soucek but covering Cresswell as much as possible, and Benrahma on the left of a front three.
  • I kind of agree with Jorderz but am also worried about Balbuena and Cresswell in that system. What we have now is covering weaknesses in both of their games. I think Snodgrass at LWB wouldn’t be so different to what he’s used to and might mean less disruption overall, though it obviously won’t be the same as having Masuaku.

It’s such a surprise that we’re having injury problems in these positions.
  • Think I would feel more secure with 5 at the back again but if we do go 4 then Cresswell and particularly Coufal need to stay fairly deep.
  • edited December 2020
    As much as I love Snoddy he's 33 and he's not played since he came on as a 90th minute substitute against Spurs 72 days ago, it might be a big ask to start him in an unfamiliar role.
  • I think Moyes might go with johnson in Masuaku place ,He came on against Man u ,
  • That's a good point Steve. Actually, I think he's the best option.
  • There’s a part of me that’s hoping Masuaku is fine and the reason he took that post about the surgery down was because this was all an elaborate game to play Bielsa, which Bielsa himself will applaud
  • I cant see Bielsa being interested in what XI we, or any other opposition, puts out.
  • Shows how unbalanced our squad is when a wing back is injured and none of the replacement personnel or formations are adequate.
  • Shows how unbalanced our squad is when a wing back is injured and none of the replacement personnel or formations are adequate.

And it's not like any of us mentioned it before the transfer window closed, especially as we've 4 unused places in our Premier League squad.
  • Hindsight’s a wonderful thing 😂😂
  • It's not exactly a question of hindsight!
  • Was a joke hence the smileys
  • As much as I love Snoddy he's 33 and he's not played since he came on as a 90th minute substitute against Spurs 72 days ago, it might be a big ask to start him in an unfamiliar role.

Yeah, but he's well rested then, so should be well up for it and raring to go. Remember 33 is the new 25. =)
  • Rumour that Benrahma may start at LWB
  • Benrahma is in for Arthur.
  • Confirmed benrahma playing but bench looks short of forward change

• That bench looks the most unexciting, non attacking we have put out for ages.
  • But apart from Benrahma, same team same formation so nothing too much to upset the apple cart.

But ... BBC graphic has Fornals at LWB?