Man Utd (A) 05/12 - Match Thread

Comments

• Lose a game, Huh! Why I've forgotten the meaning of the word!
  • If it’s such an issue I’m sure moyes would have picked up on it already rather than wait till we lose
  • We’ve got away with it. Last game required a half time change in formation to get 3 in the middle
  • I am in agreement we play our current best 11:

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals
  • Lukerz said:

I am in agreement we play our current best 11:

Fabianski
    Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice - Masuaku
    Bowen - Antonio - Fornals

Me to. So Benrahma for Fornals 😉
  • Formals for me he works hard for the team but that gets unnoticed but respect everybody else’s opinion too
  • Fornals does get through a lot of work ,I agree with Cuzi just incase anyone cares =)
  • No I get it he does work hard. But I don't see why Benrahma won't. For me he worked really hard on Monday when he came on. Personally I just find Fornals very frustrating to watch. Seems to do all the hard work but not the simple stuff imo.
  • I've been impressed with Benrahma so far. Think he is a better option to help Haller, if Antonio is still not fully fit. Makes better decisions than Arthur or Pablo, two class assists in a few minutes is a good return.
  • I just noticed we have the 4th best goal difference, after spuds, chelski and villa. Strange.
  • I think Fornals is a good player still young and will learn to make better decisions he still has 2 goals and 2 assists , Behrahma has come on a sub and made an impact isn't it nice to have options for once
  • Villa’s goal difference is mainly down to their Liverpool hammering.
  • Lawro has it down as 1-1 and the Sky pundit as 0-2.
  • Benrahma for Masuaka is the only change to Lukerz team for me.
  • Villa’s goal difference is mainly down to their Liverpool hammering.

Ours is down to the Wolves hammering.
  • edited December 2020
    Rumours abound that Antonio aggravated his injury on Monday and is out for another month. Posted on WHO, by someone who is apparently very reliable.

So the Haller debate can be parked for a few weeks, at least. Alternatives? Yarmo up front? Benrahma or Bowen as a false 9?
  • Hopefully the rumours aren't true.
  • Hopefully the rumours aren't true.

Hopefully.

But we are taking about Antonio's hamstrings here...
  • Sadly, any rumours pertaining to that particular topic often prove to have some substance don’t they?
  • Antonio is always out for a couple months when he does his hamstring so im not surprised.
  • I thought it was a very odd decision to put him straight back in, not that I'm an expert.

We'd won 2 on the bounce and Haller was doing okay. I didn't see the desperation to rush him back.
  • edited December 2020
    If he's out, it's not the first strange decision about Antonio. Playing him close to full 90s constantly, playing him straight after he'd come off injured in one game. With his history, we should've been more careful with him.

At least we've got by fine so far.

• I’m ready and available 😜

• I wonder if Antonio's hamstrings are actually made out of Ham and string.
  • I thought that was why they were called hamstrings =)
  • This is also why it would be crazy to give him a 5 year contract - we'd just create a similar problem to the one we have with Reid - even though I like both and agree they have been excellent servants for the club.

• I’m ready and available 😜

Not remotely funny =) =)
  • Moyes has confirmed Antonio is out of tomorrows game. So glad we got cover for the injury-prone, key component of our team.
  • Did you guys all know that United have not lost in their last 11 away league matches? They've won the last 8 in a row too...
  • So your saying they are due a loss then Alderz ? :-)