Man Utd (A) 05/12 - Match Thread

Comments

• Maybe getting Benrahma by letting Diangana go will turn out to be inspired, especially as Grady didn't even make it off the bench last Saturday against the Blunts.
  • Benrahma worked very hard yesterday also. Fornals makes terrible final decisions imo. I'd like to see Benrahma given a chance personally.
  • The discussion title is wrong. This is a home game.
  • I'm in the ballot for attending this game. Probably will find out today.
  • Me too heathrow. 🤞

• I have been waiting for my phone to buzz saying I can go, but nothing, silence.
  • If a team is winng don't change unless you have to ,so same as Monday maybe Haller for Antonio if Antonio is still struggling
  • I've seen Zaha make Maguire look like a tumbling Jenga block with the most basic turn of pace, so hopefully Antonio will suit this game if he's fit enough. If not, the Haller that turned up against Villa will have to do but it won't be the same.

I think the starting line up against Villa is the one we need for this. All they can do is attack so we have to keep tight. Play it like we did in that tough 6-game run. We can definitely get at their defence.

I'm not sure it's a game for Benrahma to start, yet, because we need that work rate from Bowen and Fornals. Though I would like to see Benrahma nutmeg Maguire.
  • Antonio to start if fit and Benrhama given start in place of Fornells.

I feel Behrahama has any amount or potential but will need to start a few games to see what he has got. Its a different thing to being introduced to a match that already has a tempo, he needs a chance to put his mark on it from the first whistle.

I agree that Antonio will present a challenge to Maguire that is very different to Haller and he wont like it one bit.
  • If a team is wininng don't change unless you have to

Maybe the fans should stay at home then....
  • Apparently we have the second best home record in the league now.
  • Antonio looked miles off it against Villa. Unless a lot changes before Saturday, I'd leave him on the bench and let him work his sharpness up a little more.
  • Antonio will have another weeks training plus the 45 minutes game time under his belt so should be fit enough. Whether his match sharpness is there is still to be seen.
    I don't get why everyone is happy for Fornals to be dropped. He stops us getting overrun in midfield as well as chipping in with goals and assists. Benrahmas time will come and coming of the bench won't do him any harm.
  • edited December 2020
    alderz said:

If a team is wininng don't change unless you have to

Maybe the fans should stay at home then....
    This is a concern
  • Start the same but with Haller. Change to 4-5-2 with Benrahmi and Antonio on the 60th minute
  • and no goalkeeper i take it ?
  • We'll have rush goalie.....
  • Perhaps the goalies hiding in the 5 and drops back to really confuse us
  • Throw on a keeper if were holding on in the 85th
  • Didn't get a ticket.
  • I'm unsuccessful in ballot, so no change to team. Haha
    Coyi
  • Both my son and I were unsuccessful.
  • Fred off for Man Utd, tonight. Does the Red carry onto premiership or just for the next Euro ties?
  • Interesting that moyes switched to a back 4 at HT against Villa, obviously wasn't happy with the shape

Think Masuaku has actually been pretty poor the last few games, but this is the exact type of game that our 343 works because we can play on the counter as United will want to have more of the ball

Hopefully another encouraging performance, the lads look full of confidence

Some minor concerns on how flat Rice and Soucek are looking I must say, think they both look a bit leggy which is no surprise given how much football they've played both for us and internationally
  • Fred off for Man Utd, tonight. Does the Red carry onto premiership or just for the next Euro ties?

Europe only.
  • Really looking forward to this one. We’ve had some rippers against Man.U over the years.
    Haven’t got a clue how it’ll turn out.
  • They used to be like City are now under Ferguson and you pretty much wrote the fixture off, but now its more like a Chelsea in that you don't really expect to win but know you could do so if things fall right. Things could fall right this weekend as they have played midweek whilst we have had extra rest, we are in the best form since the Payet years and their side is certainly capable but inconsistent at present.

Looking forward to it.
  • Can't let Fernandes get off early passes to release their pace. Thought Rice and Soucek did a good job against him last season though. Also have to be extremely careful around the penalty area with this lot.
  • We’ve obviously been found out tactically the last few games I.e just go through the middle of Rice and Soucek. I imagine Moyes will change that once we lose a game.