Aston Villa (H) 30/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• We’ve been playing a bit of hoofball and it’s been rubbish. Not seen Cresswell get forward at all, which has been a big feature of our attacking play this season
  • shut up with the love in sky
  • another dive by Villa almost Kane like
  • Can't stick Dean Smith either, for some reason.

They also have Terry.

I think I hate Villa.
  • Another dangerous free kick, Antonio on McGinn this time.

Ref certainly very quick to blow for Villa
  • We'll be lucky to get in at half time level. Been a very disappointing performance so far.
  • Side netting, fortunately.
  • How bad is this ref?
  • Nice steal by Rice on the edge of their box, Bowen's shot deflected for a corner
  • Unfortunately nothing comes of it.
  • All a bit aimless from us at the moment.

Front three have been anonymous. Benrahma for Fornals. Game's passing him by.
    Won't matter if they aren't given the ball. Will always pass you by.
  • edited November 2020
    The formation doesn’t massively work in games like this. Their 3 v Rice & Soucek means Fornals has to come in and means we are either short down their right or up front as Antonio goes to cover slightly wider.

4-3-3 would be a better bet second half.
  • alderz said:

We’ve been playing a bit of hoofball and it’s been rubbish. Not seen Cresswell get forward at all, which has been a big feature of our attacking play this season

I can only apologise. Brought Cress into my FF team this week.
  • We'll be lucky to get in at half time level. Been a very disappointing performance so far.

By the ref.
  • Terrible so far. Fornals has to come off.
  • MrsGrey said:

We'll be lucky to get in at half time level. Been a very disappointing performance so far.

By the ref.
    Amongst others.
  • They are a dangerous unit, too, so a draw would not be the worst result given our start & games played.
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

We’ve been playing a bit of hoofball and it’s been rubbish. Not seen Cresswell get forward at all, which has been a big feature of our attacking play this season

I can only apologise. Brought Cress into my FF team this week.
    Ah, that explains things.
  • Villa are at their best when their centre backs are controlling the ball near the half way line. The high press from us is just not there and giving them too much time.
  • But least grealish knows when to go to ground in my day I’d have just kicked him and said “now you can go to ground”
  • Started really well, but Villa have dominated the majority of the half

Need some spark on the pitch, Fornals probably the likeliest to come of for Benrahma or Lanzini

Would be surprised if Antonio can make the full 90, not quite been at the races
  • Need a change to freshen it up
  • Moyes doesn't often make changes until the 80th minute.
  • roll on the 80th min then
  • Got the feeling someone is going to get sent off this next half.
  • edited November 2020
    I think a slight tweak in the formation will help, that’s all. The five at the back will not work all game, every game.

For now, Cresswell to LB & Masuaku to LW, Fornals behind Antonio, making it a 4-2-3-1. Then as the game goes on you can introduce Benrahma for Masuaku, Haller & Lanzini if necessary, or go back to the back five if we go 2-1 up.

Just getting overrun in key areas.
  • I’d replace Antonio with Haller, he’s way off the pace and worried about pushing himself. Also consider Behrama for Fornals or Bowen who are both also off the pace today. I suspect a half time rocket may delay any change for 15 mins ...
  • this is a bit like the newcastle home game