Aston Villa (H) 30/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• Buffy... NOOO don't say that, I'm not listening lalala.. plus I'd get a nosebleed =)
  • Just saw that Cresswell has not given away a single foul this season!
  • Cheers Lukerz, that's a penalty give away from Cresswell coming then. =)
  • Then he’s not defending properly 😂😂
  • If we win we go 5th :o
  • We’ve got to win two at work are villa fans I’d have to phone in sick 😂😂
  • MIAHammer said:

If we win we go 5th :o

If Villa win they go 4th >:)

Matchday at last - Come on you Irons
  • Sorry my bad - Villa can only go 4th if Leicester lose to Fulham (5.30 KO)
  • Should have beat them and sent them down last season .So lets just beat them now get the 3 points and move on up
  • I am bit worried about this game, I have to say.

Probably because my expectations have gone up and we've won two in a row already, which in the past has usually been followed by a crushingly disappointing result.
  • I wonder if we should match fire with fire, given how attacking they are. I would try Benrahma instead of Fornals, as he might have more skill in taking on players and providing the right passes for Haller.
  • Think this game might suit us more than the last two. The last two were great because they showed we can get results when we have to break down a team but our best performances so far have been when we've countered.
  • interesting stat on BBC - our last 8 premiership goals by 8 different scorers
    Fabianski, Coufal, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Rice, Masuaku or Benrahma could make it 9 or 10 !
  • If fabianski scores I’ll eat my shorts.
  • Antonio starts in place of Haller, according to Ex.
  • And now confirmed as the only change.

Harsh on Haller, but Antonio is our best striker. That said, a big risk to start him from the off 🤔
  • Must admit I didn’t see that coming!
  • Moyes loves Antonio. Haller will be grumpy.
  • Big call after Haller’s most impactful game of the season, and Antonio’s suspect fitness.
  • Well as been said before if he pulls up we can replace him as opposed to coming on and pulling up in a round about way lol
  • edited November 2020
    Moyes will pick the best team and expect his players to be professional

No room for emotion or passion, just brutal logic (like Fergie)
  • Of course Aslef👍
    But I still bet Haller will be grumpy.
  • Of course Aslef👍
    But I still bet Haller will be grumpy.

He's almost French, he's always grumpy.
  • Not sure id take the risk, but Moyes is the one who sees them in training so I'm sure they think Michail is ready

Bit harsh on Haller, but Michail is the superior player, if he is fit he plays, no room for sentiment in football
  • Life is full of disappointment.

Get used to it
  • If Haller doesn’t stick that goal in the top corner last week most would be happy to drop him. He was better last week & improved as the game went on, but Antonio is one of the best strikers in the league on current form.
  • Unacceptable. Antonio's third sub on my fantasy team.
  • I wouldn't say it's about sentiment, just about keeping Haller - our only back-up striker and a potentially very good player - feeling positive.

He had a good game last time out and Antonio cannot be 100%. This will be a big blow for his confidence, and we could pay for that if (when) Antonio gets injured again.
  • I have a bad feeling about this one