Aston Villa (H) 30/11 - Match Thread

Comments

• That’s our luck for this season used up.
  • great win happy happy joy joy and ha ha ha ha ha
  • Best win of the season that. Not a great performance at all, but we were up against at least 12 men there.
  • We were awful.

I haven't disliked a team we've played against more than Villa in a long time.

I can't talk about the ref, Grealish or Terry without getting heavily modded.
  • Phew

Bit of a let off that

Thought Villa were the better team, but we took our chances and they didn't

Big that we got 3 points after not playing well
  • Great 3 points.
    Didn't play that well against an awkward team and scrapped it out. Grealish is brilliant, although he goes down too easily.
    The General was my MOTM.

COYI
  • We were absolutely rubbish today. We offered absolutely nothing going forward, and yet scored two and are fifth in the league ;hmm

It’s like watching a Mourinho side...
  • Nice to see Nobes there in the post match pics. Haven't seen him around much lately.
  • Epic second half. Great karma for the Villa cheating.
  • A very satisfying result, albeit a very horrible game to experience
  • That really felt like watching West Ham
  • We lacked creativity and cutting edge but still a win is a win. Villa gave us hard time. Antonio was rusty and didn't get much service. Hopefully, we will play better in the next game.
  • How on earth did we win that. Awful performance lol.
  • respect the 3 points :)
  • My mother always told me cheaters never prosper. I never believed her until today! =)
  • It also was quite difficult to resort to a back four for the first time in 3 months, midway through the game. The players deserve credit for that & that win will mean a lot to those boys tonight.
  • shut up Carragher on sky
  • 23 passes into the final third for us tonight, compared to Villa's 118. Only 34% possession at home. 6 shots v 16.

I know it's the result that matters, but we really need to improve up front.
  • Tim Howard just said about their penalty ...... No penalty. When you get your jersey pulled from behind you don't fall forward.
  • shut up Carragher on sky

What's he said now
  • I rarely moan about refs but this bloke? Awful just awful, falling for Grealish’s antics every time. Grealish is a wonderful player and I know he gets a lot of “ attention “ from opponents but he was a real con artist tonight.
    Poor performance overall but hey 3 points.
  • Their penalty was soft, it was a shirt pull, but you never get them before VAR
  • Trezeguet is another cheater. Always falling over in the box trying to win a penalty. He failed last week but succeeded today.

• edited November 2020
    Rather than talking about how VAR is destroying the game, why for a change don’t they talk about cheating/diving/“taking one for the team”/etc.
  • saying its was not offside but a pen
  • It clearly was a foul by Oggy but then who cares.
  • I wonder if Liverpool were on he’d think the same he makes my skin crawl so bias
  • edited November 2020
    At the end of the day, all teams will be on the right & wrong side of those. Let’s not forget Villa stayed up due to the GDS not working in the goal.

We had it last year with Rice against Sheff United & no doubt one will go against us in the coming weeks.
  • Will all be forgotten when we've won the league.
  • Grealish like others will always buy a foul whilst refs give the free kick and ignore those who try and stay up. Can't blame Grealish for that.