Managerial Merry Go Round

Comments

• Maybe we can use Hawkeye... =)
  • Could Arteta be the first one gone
  • Slaven has this weekend to save his job...according to the rumours.
  • I hope he turns it round although I didn’t want him to manage us, I’d like him to be successful in his career
  • An interesting development around the Slaven Bilic situation this morning.

It has been confirmed Sam Allardyce has withdrawn from a couple of scheduled radio commitments.

Allardyce was due to appear on TalkSPORT this afternoon and again at the weekend but has told them he is no longer available.

The former England boss is favourite to replace Bilic if the West Brom manager is sacked, as expected, later today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/55329530
  • I'm sure he'll enjoy that, having been replaced by Bilic here.
  • Slaven sacked! West Brom in discussions with Sam Allardyce🤦‍♂️
  • I feel a bit sorry for him
  • Now we just need Colin to take over at the Blunts. =)
  • yoyo said:

I feel a bit sorry for him

I do too. Love the guy. Not entirely sure what West Brom expected from this season, and they got a very good result last night.

I'd love him back at the club as a coach, but it won't happen. Be interesting to see whether he gets another job in this country.
  • Now I want west brom to go down.
  • I do feel sorry for Slav ,The players must like him as they put in a real shift last night ,Seems real crazy to me ,But what do i know ,Wonder what grady thinks now
  • Would have been nice to play them before Big Sam gets them back to basics
  • And keeps them up
  • Big Sam verbally agrees to take over according to sky sports
  • Cuz1 said:

Big Sam verbally agrees to take over according to sky sports

I guess he’s blown his retirement fund and needs some quick cash.
  • I really hope they drop
  • edited December 2020
    I hadn't realised that Big Sam had his second lowest win ratio as a manager whilst he was with us but we have to remember Mr Moyes "wins matches" (38.6%) whilst he stops teams from being relegated. His win ratio over his whole Premier League managerial career is 34%.
  • Love Bilic. Loved how we played under him... Until it went a bit wrong.
  • Slaven is undoubtedly a nice guy, he likes his teams to play attractive football and he was very popular with the fans at Besiktas...

...but they won back-to-back titles after he left.
  • It's hard to tell from this distance but I feel Slav is a great man manager and gets people playing but is not the greatest tactician and so struggles for a plan b c and d when needed, he seems to have a big impact which then gets reduced in time.
  • Are West Brom working through all of our ex-managers? Zola, Bilic and now Big Sam. I wonder what the odds are of Pellegrini being their next one?
  • I hadn't realised that Big Sam had his second lowest win ratio as a manager whilst he was with us but we have to remember Mr Moyes "wins matches" (38.6%) whilst he stops teams from being relegated. His win ratio over his whole Premier League managerial career is 34%.

And you have to take into considerable that his win ratio at manure was over 50% a .% I think I’d achieve there all day long
  • Big Sam also spent a year in the championship with us so that stat is extra surprising
  • alderz said:

Big Sam also spent a year in the championship with us so that stat is extra surprising

I remember a lot of draws
  • Hooooooooooooooooof
  • Just when I thought I was over it. 😢
  • alderz said:

Big Sam also spent a year in the championship with us so that stat is extra surprising

I remember a lot of draws
    So do I, but most of Big Sam's career has been mid-lower Premier League. Even with a lot of draws in that season he still finished 3rd
  • And leaves clubs in better positions apparently
This discussion has been closed.