The Owners

Comments

• The sooner that they bog off the better
  • Don't beat about the bush Expat, say what you mean. (Within site rules of course.)
  • IronHerb said:

Don't beat about the bush Expat, say what you mean. (Within site rules of course.)

Adios I say or buon viaggio
  • Aslef said:
    I wonder if perhaps Sullivan wants to cling on until he can leave the club in a good position, maybe its pride more than anything.

Aslef, I think you may be confusing pride with vanity.
  • Pride, ego, vanity. Either one, he wants to prove that he's right and his critics are wrong.

Or as South Park Saddam would say ''Iran, Iraq, who cares''.
  • Sounds like this potential new owners thing is gathering pace.
  • They say be careful what you wish for but I’m so sick of Gold, Sullivan and Brady I would pay the devil to replace them. Lyrics courtesy of Hall and Oates. >:)
  • They say be careful what you wish for but I’m so sick of Gold, Sullivan and Brady I would pay the devil to replace them. Lyrics courtesy of Hall and Oates. >:)

The owners are out of touch
  • We need a Rich girl
  • edited September 2020
    In June this year Forbes valued West Ham at $616m/£478m so little surprise they rejected a £350m bid.

If they sold at £478m the club would have to pay back £55m, if they sold at £550m it would have to pay back £70m which would match the valuation.

S&G own 86.2% of the club
  • An alternative might have been to have other investors inject funds into the club. Problem is that this would dilute Sully to under 50%. Which I am sure he would not want as he would no longer be able to run things without effectively being accountable to anyone.
  • Baracks, would you plough in a shed load of money and let sulli still run things
  • There are only three other investors; Gold (35.1%) , "Tripp" Smith (10%) and Terrance Brown's little group (3.8%). In order for any of them to increase their holdings they'd have to buy shares from Sullivan and I don't think he's interested in selling his controlling stake.
  • Just thinking, hypothetically if Tripp was to buy Sully’s shares, would this still trigger the pre 2023 penalty.
  • edited September 2020

Just thinking, hypothetically if Tripp was to buy Sully’s shares, would this still trigger the pre 2023 penalty.

No idea, Smith bought 10% shares from S&G in 2017 and it didn't activate a penalty. Perhaps it only activates if there's a change of majority shareholder.

Its worth nothing that Smith loaned the club £9.5m interest free (unlike some shareholders)
  • Just thinking, hypothetically if Tripp was to buy Sully’s shares, would this still trigger the pre 2023 penalty.

I'm sure that could be avoided ...... We take over now, but it's only official when it's 2023

Please happen, pleasey please

I'm sure that could be avoided ...... We take over now, but it's only official when it's 2023

Please happen, pleasey please
    That could save us
  • At this moment in time, I would be happy with anyone other than G & S and Brady at the helm. Let's hope this American group up the offer.
  • Donald Trump has a few quid and might be out of work in November.
  • He'd probably turn the stadium into a Crazy Golf course
  • Saying we’ve turned down a second bid of 400m for the club
  • edited September 2020
    But Sully has said that he wants to pass the club on to his children, in which case he would just state publicly that West Ham is not for sale, surely.
    It's not as if he would be lying, is it - is it? =)
  • Cuz1 said:

Saying we’ve turned down a second bid of 400m for the club

Hopefully they’ll come back with an improved bid, including add ons
  • Add ons? Like a stadium perhaps? ;)
  • See if sulli likes it when an instalment gets missed =)
  • Or perhaps the new owners can take the club on loan with an obligation to buy in 2023?
  • You couldn't make it up. BBC report on Talksport interview with DS that's already been referred to in other threads.

I genuinely didn't realise we're the only club suffering from lack of gate receipts, who'd have thought it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54269949

I'll be honest, I'm so much less interested in our club at the moment than I usually am, these vampires are sucking the life out of it with their lies and broken promises all aimed at making them 100s of millions of pounds and leaving us homeless and soulless.
  • Why is Sullivan even talking to the media? Selfish, self obsessed, narcissistic.