Watford on Friday

Comments

• Brilliant. Let's enjoy.
    Great first half. We managed the second half well (Moyes).
  • BBC said:

West Ham have won consecutive Premier League wins for the second time this season. They beat the same two teams - Watford and Norwich - in August under Manuel Pellegrini.

Love a strange fact!
  • It would take some ridiculously extraordinary results in the last two games for us to go down so even by most mathematics known to man we are safe
  • Longest 50 mins of my life ,But well done lads job done
  • I love Rice ..he is so normal !!!
  • Moyes , to be fair , has set them up well and done the job he was brought in to do. Soucek is my new hero, looks a good addition.... Yeold... I'm doing tomorrow's lottery numbers!
  • Yeold

What a legend
  • It would take some ridiculously extraordinary results in the last two games for us to go down so even by most mathematics known to man we are safe

well done...we are going down now... :(
  • edited July 2020
    Yeold, quick, the lottery numbers please 😁.
    Brilliant prediction 👍
  • Everton and Villa will draw putting them on 31 points with Bournemouth

We will beat Watford putting us on 37 points and safety ;)

Trust me :)

just trust :)
  • I knew we’d be ok when I made a cuppa at h/t in my West Ham (only comes out on match days) mug.
    Was a bit sweaty for the first half hour of the second half but job done.
    Btw I bet half of Essex and East London (and this little part of Yorkshire went “ HOW LONG?!” when they put up 5 minutes additional time.
  • Moyes has us outrunning a lot of teams and I also think he's getting a consistent level of performance out of us that a lot of our recent managers have failed to do.

We also held strong in the early part of the second half when we could so easily have folded, which is credit to the manager and the players for working hard and showing resolve.

Still lots of work to do but I'm looking forward to what Moyes can do over 2 or 3 seasons, personally. Bowen and Soucek have been brilliant signings and I hope he can begin to instil a culture and work ethic that we can build upon and start looking up the table again.
  • We showed a hell of a lot of bottle after Deeney scored

Fair play to the lads
  • edited July 2020
    Yep, I said they'd bottled the Burnley game, which in hindsight was probably unfair.

Tonight showed that we can see out a game and whilst I'm still not convinced by Moyes, you can't argue that he's not done what he was bought in to do (again) and maybe he does deserve a full transfer window and a full season to see what he can do.
  • Villa / Bournemouth / Watford forums are a fun read
  • Yeold = nostradamus...Wrong scorers but right score... COYI
  • Moojor said:

BBC said:

West Ham have won consecutive Premier League wins for the second time this season. They beat the same two teams - Watford and Norwich - in August under Manuel Pellegrini.

Love a strange fact!
    First time that Moyes has won 2 consecutive league games in both stints at us.
  • Couple of good stats from the BBC:

Antonio has scored the most PL goals since the restart (7).

Bowen has 4 assists in the last 5 games.
  • I’ve always said Alserz should do the match threads
  • I've just come down off the ceiling..... utterly West Ham: brilliant goals and nail-biting second half. Bow down to the lads, every one of them was up for it. 11 moms there =)
  • I always said Antonio is the best line striker we have. Just needed to be given a chance. I also said Moyes would be a much better manager for us than Pelligrini. Looking good right now
  • Very impressive tonight, in a game we could've very easily bottled

I'm not Moyes biggest fan, but the team hes building and the style he wants is coming to the forefront and we have a real identity

Soucek and Bowen have been such a huge boost, I'm not sure where we would be without them

Over the moon!!
  • Only a West Ham fan would feel as anxious as I felt at 3-0 up, 3-1 raised my blood pressure and then I heard the commentator say, “fifteen minutes to go and all West Ham have to do is show some common sense and they will be good”.

Nooooooooooooo why did you have to say that - I nearly turned blue

To be fair we weathered the second half storm really well - well done everyone associated with West Ham United.

Phew
  • We seemed to take a bit more control again when Haller came on for Fornals. I'm still not sure about Fornals.
  • There is a stat on sky Soucek had covered the most ground in the pl since restart and Fornals is on the top 10 as well .i like Fornals he does a lot of the hard graft closing down pressing and comes up with good passing he is still young and raw but I think there is a quality player in there
  • edited July 2020
    Listen no one in the team can be knocked. We've been pretty good since lockdown. Fornals is obviously doing good for the team and if it's his work rate that's brilliant. For me he needs to show more in the final third next season as I never really trust him do do anything with the ball. I hope he excels next season.
  • Sorry am late to party, but great win last night phew yes we can breathe easier now.
    Look fwd to man Utd game now
    Coyi's
  • As someone else said I'm not sure the cautious, defensive football Moyes prefers is going to save us from relegation...
  • Anyone else notice how soucek put his hands on his head after rice scored as much as to say ,Where did that come from .
  • steve said:

Anyone else notice how soucek put his hands on his head after rice scored as much as to say ,Where did that come from .

I guess most people watching the match were thinking pretty much the same thing.