West Ham United v Chelsea - The Frank Lampard Derby

12346»

Comments

• steve said:

Yarmolenko goal was a thing of beauty ,if Liverpool or Man u had scored it ,Everyone would still be talking about it

An all round very ‘in West Ham’ goal.
  • We would have lost last night if Nobes had started imo. The Chelsea midfield would have run straight past him. He is not the sole reason we have been poor but he certainly is one of the reasons.
  • edited July 2020

Good old Garth Brooks lol
  • Herb

Maybe not. But I don’t think we’d have won if Anderson had started, yet I don’t see half as many people randomly digging him out in the way they do Noble.
  • Anderson gets an unbelievably easy ride from most of our fans.
  • But Anderson isn't Mr West Ham, can't do anything wrong, etc.etc. so won't get the same response, whether positive or negative.
    Nobes dedication and loyalty to West Ham is not in question but that alone seems to mean he cant be criticised in some quarters. Also, Anderson is well and truly dug out on social media.
  • a great watch
  • IronHerb said:

But Anderson isn't Mr West Ham, can't do anything wrong, etc.etc. so won't get the same response, whether positive or negative.
    Nobes dedication and loyalty to West Ham is not in question but that alone seems to mean he cant be criticised in some quarters. Also, Anderson is well and truly dug out on social media.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone suggest he “can’t be criticised” and I know for certain that I’ve not ever suggested that. What I know, though, is that the manner in which he is criticised is often WAY over the top.

He’s not good enough to start regularly anymore. He’s not got the athleticism to be effective. But people absolutely cane him and talk about him kike he’s deliberately throwing matches or something.
  • edited July 2020
    Sorry in my experience Anderson has only recently been dug out on social media. Before lockdown nothing was said. He's been abject for ages. It's almost like for some on social media because he's Brazilian has a good FIFA rating and has wacky hair then he must be world class.