Well, it's back. Other PL games during Project Restart. (Discussion of matches)

Comments

• That's only Xhaka and Tierney missing from the usual line up isn't it?
  • Yeold

The problem with that is neitherVilla nor Bournemouth have shown anything recently to suggest they've got that kind of performance in them.

It was making me chuckle when Sky Comms were going on about how damaging the citeh game was to Watford's GD, but unless Watford can win games, GD, is irrelevant
  • Villa 1 up
  • admin, Villa beat Palace & Bournemouth won v Leicester. It only takes a dodgy refereeing or VAR decision to go the wrong way & a whole season can be wrecked on the final day.
  • Villa have had their share of luck with the Sheff United disallowed goal. That may well ruin Watfords season.
  • IronHerb said:

Villa have had their share of luck with the Sheff United disallowed goal. That may well ruin Watfords season.

Yeah, that was an absolute shocker.
  • It's tough, because I want Villa, Bournemouth and Watford all to go down, and I can't decide which team I dislike least.

Can't help feeling that Grealish is a bit like Diego Costa; everyone except the supporters of the team he plays for really dislikes him, he puts himself about and is quite dirty at times, yet goes over ridiculously easily. Bournemouth cheated against us and I'm a bit tired of the media love in for St Eddie, and Watford are, well, Watford.
  • I want Watford and Villa to go down xD dont mind Bournemouth always good games when we play them.
  • Be nice if Arsenal can score a draw would make things interesting.
  • Be nice if Arsenal can score a draw would make things interesting.

Means we're mathematically safe, so a bit more valuable than just making it interesting.
  • edited July 2020
    more that it would mean all 3 teams at the bottom chasing the escape would need to win, Watford wouldn't be able to rely on a draw to see them through.
  • Arsenal have been shockingly bad.
  • Im telling you form goes out the window when its this tight down the bottom. Anyone can pull a performance out with some luck to boot.
  • Im telling you form goes out the window when its this tight down the bottom. Anyone can pull a performance out with some luck to boot.

I wouldn't say it's been good from Villa, just extremely poor from Arsenal.
  • Almost like they threw the game & allowed them the 3 points.

I wouldn't say it's been good from Villa, just extremely poor from Arsenal.
    Doesn't matter one way or the other Villa now in the driving seat.
  • Did the host on Sky really just say the final day relegation battle could potentially involve West Ham?

Really?
  • That Watford win was massive with everything that has happened.
  • Lukerz said:

Did the host on Sky really just say the final day relegation battle could potentially involve West Ham?

Really?

If we lose 14-0 to Man Utd tomorrow, a win for Villa and Watford on Sunday sees us go down.
  • Another "flaky" performance from Arsenal. Play like that v Watford and they could still stay up. Brighton beat them, I bet Bournemouth are disappointed they didn't have the chance to also play them since lockdown.
  • That Watford win was massive with everything that has happened.

What about the Chelsea game? With that late Yarmolenko goal. Take two points off our tally & we are in trouble.
  • Arsenal were woeful.
  • Going to be anarchy when the difference between Villa staying up & going down is GDS not being operational in the first half of the game with Sheffield United.

Given there is video evidence & blame has already been admitted, you’d think Watford would have a massive legal case.
  • Funny isn’t it ‘Villa will fancy themselves at West Ham’.

I would say, of the three sides battling, West Ham is the hardest game of the three.
  • Lukerz said:

Did the host on Sky really just say the final day relegation battle could potentially involve West Ham?

Really?

To the extent that the result will affect who gets relegated.... But it's not us.
  • Man Utd 5-0 West Ham
    Arsenal 0-5 Watford
    West Ham 0-5 Villa

And we're down. Would be very West Ham if it happened.
  • Not to mention, very Arsenal.
  • Cant see Watford scoring 5. :)
  • Man Utd 5-0 West Ham
    Arsenal 0-5 Watford
    West Ham 0-5 Villa

And we're down. Would be very West Ham if it happened.

In other words; safe.
  • We have the power. With power comes great responsibility. I say let’s be responsible, throw the Villa game and send down Watford and Bournemouth.