Well, it's back. Other PL games during Project Restart. (Discussion of matches)

Comments

• Feel for B,mouth var sucks the fun out of football
  • I have no sypmathy for Bournemouth ...dislike them...Not that I like Watford tho...
    VAR is .....a spoiler, agree with that...
  • Did anyone else think that Son was offside for the spuds goal
  • Leicester just did a West Ham there. Went from an attacking corner to conceding at the other end.
  • Bournemouth gone, any ground that small should not be allowed in the premier league
  • I hope Bournemouth go down. Would be karma for them, especially Callum 'touch of magic' Wilson.
  • Can't believe they've just said in commentary for the Chelsea-Man Utd game that the water break is likely to be retained next season. Surely not? No reason for it at all during a normal season, ridiculous decision if it's true imo.
  • Bournemouth gone, any ground that small should not be allowed in the premier league

Premier League should be ringfenced for those with current capacity of 57k+. Champions League footies every season guaranteed.
  • Used to,quite like Bournemouth until they blatantly cheated against us when that idiot Madeley let them get away with murder and it cost us. Since then Saint Eddie and his little seaside media darlings have been on my hope you get relegated list. >:)
    But I’m not one to hold a grudge. =)

Premier League should be ringfenced for those with current capacity of 57k+. Champions League footies every season guaranteed.
    Except for teams with multiple T’s in their name like Tottenham for example 😁
  • Not sure what the size of the ground matters when many fans would jump at the chance of returning to the old Upton park
  • Few more than 11k there though.
  • re: the water break, which seems to have come in for criticism recently) I thought Danny Higginbotham made a good point in comms during tonight's (Everton) game

Firstly, the ground staff use the time to disinfect the goals and footballs, separately, the players need to be handed personal drinks bottles.
  • re: the water break, which seems to have come in for criticism recently) I thought Danny Higginbotham made a good point in comms during tonight's (Everton) game

Firstly, the ground staff use the time to disinfect the goals and footballs, separately, the players need to be handed personal drinks bottles.

Don't know if you have the same stream but our commentator also mentioned that managers shouldn't be allowed to coach their teams during the water breaks.
  • Brighton are safe.
    Down to 2 from 4.
  • edited July 2020
    MIAHammer said:

re: the water break, which seems to have come in for criticism recently) I thought Danny Higginbotham made a good point in comms during tonight's (Everton) game

Don't know if you have the same stream but our commentator also mentioned that managers shouldn't be allowed to coach their teams during the water breaks.
    Managers coach their players during any break in play, always have. And send on coaching instructions with subs. I don't agree with your commentator!
  • MIAHammer said:

Brighton are safe.
    Down to 2 from 4.

Seriously?

2 from 3
  • Lukerz said:

MIAHammer said:

Brighton are safe.
    Down to 2 from 4.

Seriously?

2 from 3
    I don't want to tempt fate. Being a West Ham supporter for almost 50 years I know better than to count my chickens. We are more than capable from snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • edited July 2020
    There's a nice little scenario falling into place now Wolves are one up against Palace. This puts them into sixth place leaving Spurs in seventh. If the league ends up like this and Arsenal win the FA Cup they will deny Spurs a Europa spot. Wouldn't that please Jose?

Let's hope eh?
  • Don't know if you have the same stream but our commentator also mentioned that managers shouldn't be allowed to coach their teams during the water breaks.

There is coaching from the side but I understand the Brentford manager gets the tactics board at the drinks break, now that is taking it a bit far. IMHO.

• edited July 2020
    Palace on their way to a 7th straight defeat and they're still 5 points ahead of us. Just goes to show how bad our season was.
  • Hopefully we'll be mathematically safe after tonight, as long as Villa fail to beat Arsenal. Should then reduce any pressure on the boys tomorrow, which could go one of 2 ways; they'll relax and continue or even improve on the latest couple of performances, or they'll not bother turning up.

Let's hope it's the former, as both Brighton and even Palace are within our reach if we beat Utd tomorrow.
  • Hayden Mullins has replaced Pearson as caretaker at Watford.

I read somewhere that he's a "player-manager" as he's still technically available as a first team player at age 41!!!
  • 1 more goal for City and Villa / Bournemouth will just need a 1-0 win and Watford to lose to Arsenal 1-0 to get out of relegation.
  • 1 more goal for City and Villa / Bournemouth will just need a 1-0 win and Watford to lose to Arsenal 1-0 to get out of relegation.

Well, Villa might win one of their games 1-0, but if they lose the other 3-0 they're still potentially in trouble (depending on how many City add to the 3 they've already scored).
  • its going to the final day for Watford / Villa / Bournemouth. Goal difference out of the equation for them. Its a straight "Lose to Arsenal" and either "Bournemouth / Aston Villa Win" and they are down !
  • Both Villa and Bournemouth have won one game in their last twelve. Wins are hard to come by.
  • You never know when its down to the last game anything can happen ! you treat it as a cup final and hope.
  • not to mention that Arsenal team lol xD are they trying to get Watford relegated :P
  • Things getting very interesting. Watford have lost their GD advantage.