Wolves (H, probably) Sometime over the weekend of 19-21 June

12346»

Comments

• edited June 2020
    Having a clear out won’t make any difference to this club. What motivation is there when you join this club and still Mark Noble plays week in week out. The biggest thing that has been lacking at West Ham for years is desire. None of our players really seem to have the desire to do well or give their best for the club. (Except Noble but he is finished ). This club finishes players instead of making them . Players like Rice need to leave or this club will ruin them . He is already a worse player than he was a year ago. As for playing without a striker ( how can a premier league club not have a striker who can play ) this club is bordering on pathetic . At least the players can get used to playing in a empty stadium next season. I won’t be watching and I am cancelling my tv subscription Monday. Football and these prima donnas has totally lost its appeal for me now.
  • Did I expect anything from the game today, if I am honest, no, do I expect to avoid defeat on Tuesday or at home to Chelsea, no. Are we going to be relegated, in a perverse way ,no, because we will get enough points from the Newcastle, Burnley, Norwich, Watford & Villa games. If we can't do that then we deserve to go down as we should be far better than those sides due to our "quality" squad and that is down to Mr Moyes and the players to prove their worth.
  • We had little creativity or bite up front. I don't think this rejigged team worked. We need Ogbonna and Haller to return for the next game. Move Rice in midfield and rest Noble. Anderson was awful. I can't remember a decent pass/dribble from him. Need four wins from eight and it has been done an can be done.
  • The amount of teams that are streets ahead of us.
  • I guess things didn't go well while I was doing an Epping and back...

I said when Moyes took over he's going to need two seasons to get the team he wants playing the way he wants and he's only had 13 games
  • Aslef, good point but he has the next eight games to get enough points to survive otherwise he’ll have at least one season in the Championship to sort a team out and how he wants it to play.
  • Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme merde de jambon de l'ouest. Rice must play in midfield with Soucek, not Noble. Anderson must be told to run past players or be dropped, Antonio needs a strike partner, even Ajeti, and Moyes must learn to make substitutions long before 80 mins, especially when we are losing and when you can make 5 of them.
    Zut Alors.
  • We are desperately needing the teams below us to have worse or equal results to us.
  • So only Norwich & Bournemouth read the script. Villa & Watford should have lost and Brighton, well good old Arsenal! It’s a shame we’ve got to rely on other teams being worse than us. 😡
  • Traore has power and pace and we couldn’t deal with it. Spurs have at least two players with similar pace, one scored last night, so I expect they’ll rip us to shreds unless we show some gumption and desire.
  • I am done tbh
  • It’s not just West Ham ,, the whole sit-up is just big con
  • Just watched the match, rather disappointing.

Traore aside both goals were down to poor defending of crosses, Diop not marking Martinez or even making an attempt at the ball for the first, Diop and Fredericks both focused on Martinez but no one watching Neto for the second.

What this match demonstrates is how thin and unbalanced our squad is, playing Rice as centre back and Antonio as lone striker. That is a result of having three managers over three seasons with no consistency in tactics or recruitment and responsibility for that lies squarely with the owners (who are going nowhere so no point wanting anything else).

Wherever we end up Moyes has got a tough job ahead and as I said this is not going to be sorted out in a season

On the plus side Antonio still looks good running at defences and Ngakia is going to do well in the Bundesliga.
  • Anderson does not seem interested. he never tackles and gave little in the game. Noble slows the game down and has said himself that he cannot be relied on now. Someone has got to get to grips with the team on the pitch; we need a leader to get us through this. we also need a manager in for 2 to three seasons to build their squad. whether that is Moyes or not but we cannot keep changing . Fingers crossed for the next 8 games. i sense it will be luck that keeps us up rather than our football.
  • As ASLEF said, Diop not marking Martinez or even making an attempt at the ball for the first. The thing is, it's not the first time, he's been like this all season.
    It was also very unfortunate that both Ogbonna and Haller were injured, otherwise I'm sure Rice would have played in midfield.
  • It really annoys me that once again during the week’s buildup we got the usual stuff trotted out by Noble, Rice, Cresswell and others that we know what we need to do, we’re really refreshed and can’t wait to get back to competitive football. Come the game and they don’t 100% compete.
    Surely they must realise what a dire position we are in
  • Do you want to know the "west ham way"?No desire and commitment that's what it is.Not just this season but previous ones before.
    I have always tried to defend anderson against people who said he is just a luxury player but i can't anymore.He is a highly skilled player but he just seems to saunter through games like he doesn't care.As for the rest only Rice,Antonio,Noble,Snodgrass and Fabianski are players who come to mind that will give it all for the shirt.
    After what the country has been through i thought i wouldn't care so much about our team but no it still hurts when we lose as much as before.
  • edited June 2020
    The game was a classic case of waiting until they brought Traore on. We all knew it was coming & once he was on we would not be able to deal with his ability in the time he had.

Was exactly the same last season. A nothing 0-0 meandering along until Troare was introduced & he scored the winner.

I am struggling to see how we get out of this. We were solid enough but never going to score & given both sides were playing at pre season pace it’s no great achievement to keep it to 0-0 for 70 mins.

Poor defending for their first goal & that Neto, two goals for Wolves, both against us.

Only positive is Palace did us a favour.
  • edited June 2020
    Diop saying “we have no choice now but to win games”. That applied equally yesterday but didn’t look as if they knew it.
  • Thorn

That did make me laugh. Like they’ve been choosing not to win?
  • I reckon Mr Moyes looked at yesterday and the next two matches as lets try not to lose games & will look to depend on the remaining games excluding Manchester United as the ones we will actually try to attack in and pick up the points needed to survive. Risky! :#
    Good to see Agent Frank tried to do his bit to help his Dad's old team earlier today.
  • There was only Plan A...long high ball forward and hope. Anderson was totally irrelevant. He'd have been better used man-marking Traore, his speed and rate of tackles per game are surprisingly high. Onwards and...hmmm