International Matches - September 2019 and October 2019

1235»

Comments

• Mings has come out with lots of plaudits after the game (I’m talking about his on field performance). However one must bear in mind just how bad the quality of the opposition was. Who knows what would have happened had he been thrown in against a far stronger side? Still I guess he looks a better proposition than Kean.
  • There was almost zero defending that needed doing. Winks got the most completed tackles out of anyone on the pitch with 4 completed tackles.
  • Just shows how playing against a team of dustbins can cloud media judgements. I’ve read several today all claiming that Winks must be a permanent fixture going forward as should Barkley.
  • Mings has come out with lots of plaudits after the game (I’m talking about his on field performance). However one must bear in mind just how bad the quality of the opposition was. Who knows what would have happened had he been thrown in against a far stronger side? Still I guess he looks a better proposition than Kean.

I actually think he's quite good and has a bit of aggression that England lacks at the back. All the centre-backs are a bit bland and I don't really like Maguire for some reason anyway.
  • Outcast :ok:

I read a stat about how something like 70% of goals we've conceded under Southgate have been from set pieces, so the idea of having a 6'5 CB who plays for a team that pay attention to set pieces isn't a terrible idea.
  • alderz said:

I read a stat

Naturally
  • According to some reports today Southgate was so impressed with Winks on Monday that he reckons he has nailed down that DM place in front of the defence
  • That is of course up until the point where he/England face better quality opposition and he is potential overrun/exposed
  • Winks was "really" impressive against Bayern Munich in that position. :whistle:
  • I don't believe that for a minute. I doubt Southgate is that stupid to base much on the Bulgaria game.
  • I on the other hand think he could be that stupid,
  • Bulgarian FA president Borislav Mihaylov resigns with dignity by claiming that "There were four or five people making the chants", that the second time the match was stopped "only England manager Gareth Southgate had heard them" and he's not quitting because the Bulgarian Prime Minister demanded his resignation.

Classy.
  • Buffoon

No, He's Italian isn't he :puzzled: