International Matches - September 2019 and October 2019

Comments

• Glad to see Alli and Lingard dropped. Neither has anywhere near enough form (or game time) to warrant a call up.

No Noble though :hmm:
  • Ali will have it all on to get back into the squad imo it’s not all about ability, he needs to think long and hard which direction he wants to head and he needs to work harder to get there
  • I really rate Gomez, so I’m pleased he’s in the squad :ok:
  • Being kept out of the Liverpool team by Lovren?
  • MrsGrey said:

Being kept out of the Liverpool team by Lovren?

Matip not Lovren
  • Louvren today.
  • MrsGrey said:

Being kept out of the Liverpool team by Lovren?

I didn’t say Klopp rates him as highly as I do!

• A busy night for Henderson.
  • not the best opening 10 minutes for Rice
  • edited October 2019
    He's been hopeless if I'm honest. Starting to look like a Man U player
  • It's a cunning plan by Pelle to make Man U look elsewhere. ;)
  • Tbh they are all rubbish
  • edited October 2019
    Rice is literally spending his time backing into the Czech midfielder when the back 4 have the ball ? he needs to create space to allow the CBs to come forward or move somewhere to receive the ball he is looking like a traffic cone at present.
  • I am enjoying the England fans singing 🎤 there in good voice, we’ll done them :clap:
    The game must really need g’ing up
    Come on England
  • I can see rice being replaced at half time.
  • Yeold Rice has been doing that for pretty much every England game he’s played. Either he’s scared of receiving the ball or he’s being told to do that. It’s very strange as we know he doesn’t do that for West Ham.
  • Is he played the same way at West Ham? For England he always seems to have someone next to him. I'm sure for us he is more or less left to tidy up on his own?
  • edited October 2019
    BBC says (despite their graphic) that it's 4-2-3-1 :ok:

(I'm not watching, because I don't care enough :biggrin: )
  • They've switched to Rice being the sole DM. He already looks miles better
  • Think he’s looked poor tonight imo but will rise again soon
  • Tragic from England really.
  • Rice is literally spending his time backing into the Czech midfielder when the back 4 have the ball ? he needs to create space to allow the CBs to come forward or move somewhere to receive the ball he is looking like a traffic cone at present.

To be fair, he has done that every time he has played for England. He’s hid from the ball. Completely the opposite to what he does for us. Seems a bit nervous and safe when he plays for England.
  • edited October 2019
    The whole team were poor but I'm seeing nothing but rice criticism on social media. Weird how he's been made out to be some sort of villain.
  • Sadly, I find this is what England fans are now. Extremely critical, breaking down young players’ confidence, weirdly entitled and completely lacking in support and perspective.

It’s a young and vibrant team that has won every single game in qualifying until now and reached the WC semi-finals. But rather than cheering them on, there’s nothing but slating and moaning.

Is it really any wonder England players are afraid to express themselves when they are so quickly crucified and criticised by supports and press.

Rice would have been happier staying as a star for Ireland, IMO.
  • I think he will be dropped for Monday’s game. The whole lot were poor but he seemed to mainly stay close to an opponent rather than looking for space and hid from the ball. His poorest game for club or country so far this season.
  • Fortunately he was better than Maguire, Keane, Sancho and Mount.
  • :nonono: those four played
  • MrsGrey said:

BBC says (despite their graphic) that it's 4-2-3-1 :ok:

(I'm not watching, because I don't care enough :biggrin: )

Ian found a pub near our hotel to watch it in.

I read my book :biggrin:
  • Sadly, I find this is what England fans are now. Extremely critical, breaking down young players’ confidence, weirdly entitled and completely lacking in support and perspective.

It’s a young and vibrant team that has won every single game in qualifying until now and reached the WC semi-finals. But rather than cheering them on, there’s nothing but slating and moaning.

Is it really any wonder England players are afraid to express themselves when they are so quickly crucified and criticised by supports and press.

This isn’t just an England thing, IMO. Every time any team loses you don’t have to wait long to see hoards of their fans going enormously overboard with criticism. I think it’s probably a social media thing, with people having more access to other people’s rants helping them to also worsen their perspective.
  • edited October 2019
    alderz said:

Sadly, I find this is what England fans are now. Extremely critical, breaking down young players’ confidence, weirdly entitled and completely lacking in support and perspective.

This isn’t just an England thing, IMO. Every time any team loses you don’t have to wait long to see hoards of their fans going enormously overboard with criticism. I think it’s probably a social media thing, with people having more access to other people’s rants helping them to also worsen their perspective.
    Well you see that often enough on this board too.