Injury and Recovery News for the 2019/20 season

Comments

• edited January 2020

I don’t think we actually play well with wingers.

• Masuaku and Snodgrass out for a bit, and possibly Ogbonna says Moyes.
  • Dropping like flies

So that makes
    Masuaku
    Snodgrass
    Ogbonna
    Anderson
    Fab
    Fredericks
    Yarmo
    Wilshere
    Johnson

So our first XI at full strength if we played today

Randolph
    Zaba Balbuena Diop Cresswell
    Fornals Noble Rice Lanzini
    Antonio Haller

Sub: Martin, Reid, Sanchez, Ajeti (and the kids).

Antonio isnt going to last 90 minutes....and likely neither will Reid if called upon...and Sanchez/Ajeti arent trusted

We need to get those players back....

Also how have Newcastle got 13(!!) Players injured and doing relatively well
  • Telling that we're not even including Wilshere on the injury list.

Hopefully some of those will be back for the Brighton game.

• Telling us that he was reporting on injuries picked up during the last match.

• Ogbonnna out for three weeks with *checks notes* amputated lower leg
  • how long is he contracted to us for ?
  • I wonder how he gets new injuries when he's not fit enough to play? Is he pushing too hard in training?
  • yoyo said:

I wonder how he gets new injuries when he's not fit enough to play? Is he pushing too hard in training?

Someone turned the washing machine on.
  • Only ourselves to blame really as we knew the risk when we signed him

Obviously you feel a bit of sympathy for him as I'm sure he wants to play....but then you realise he gets £100k a week....

Unfortunately when he has actually played I've thought he looks awful, doesnt look like a premier league player anymore
  • To be fair, when you have injury after injury, when you are deemed “fit” it is inevitable that you are not going to be fully committed and probably not the force you once were.

In this instance we really took a gamble as his history was surely known, hindsight is always easy but it surely was not our recruitment teams proudest moment.
  • From Wiki, can't say we weren't warned, italics are mine.

Wilshere started in the Premier League for Arsenal for the first time since May 2016 in the 0–0 draw with West Ham United on 13 December 2017. (18 months in between)
    It was the first time he had completed the full 90 minutes in the Premier League since September 2014. (39 months in between)
    On 3 January 2018, in his sixth consecutive Premier League start, Wilshere scored his first Premier League goal for two and a half years in a 2–2 home draw with London rivals Chelsea.

Wilshere signed for Premier League club West Ham United on 9 July 2018 on a three-year contract. He made his debut on 12 August in a 4–0 defeat by Liverpool. (Oh dear)

• edited January 2020
    Wilshere had played 29 games for Bournemouth in the league in 16/17 and then 38 games for Arsenal (including cup games) in 17/18....and then he came to us!
  • Various sources report that Anderson is fit enough to travel to City and Yarmolenko isn't far off.
  • Ex hints that Fredericks may have fractured his collar bone.
  • I thought he broke his collarbone at the time.
  • edited February 2020
    Moyes on Fredericks at today's press conference.

I can't confirm exactly how long he's going to be out for but we know he's damaged the ligaments in his shoulder and we're waiting on other advice to see what they think. We're doing everything we can to get him back as quickly as we can. I can't confirm at the moment if it's surgery or just a bit of healing time.

"We just need to see what the doctors and medical people tell us. I'm still waiting on getting everything confirmed by the medical people."
  • Soucek out for approximately 3 weeks.

It never rains...
  • Wow we just get all the luck don't we.
  • Probably misses 4 games. Saints, Arsenal, wolves and spurs.
  • "Tomas over-extended his hip flexor muscle but the scan was positive and revealed only a low grade issue. We hope to have him back before the international break in March"

Still no word on Fredericks.
  • Fredericks is not such an issue now. Ngakia should play ahead of him. He's had two good games against Liverpool.
  • Out for six weeks following surgery, according to the OS.
  • Hopefully, Soucheck (spelling?) will be back in mid-March. We need him.
  • Hammerdublin. The spelling is Soucek but at least I did know who you were talking about, usually when I see the Irish spelling of a name I don't have a clue! I like what I have seen of him so far so lets hope he is back asap.
  • Soucek, yes. I am OK with spelling most Irish names; it is the European ones that beat me. 🙂 Soucek is a hard working defensive midfielder ; the sooner he comes back the better.
  • Soucek is in contention for tomorrow according to the Moysiah presser.

David Moyes is here and the first question is on team news...

"We're getting much closer to a full squad. Tomas Soucek's doing very well and he's just about match-fit, very close to it now, so he's recovered very quickly. Yarmolenko's back training, so we're very close to getting everybody back fit.

"Andriy's not available this weekend, he's only just started training, but Tomas has got a very good chance [of featuring]."
  • They were originally looking at the Spurs game for Soucek to return, I think. 2 weeks early? Is he really a West Ham player?