West Ham vs Fulham(H) 745PM Friday February 22nd

Comments

• happy happy joy joy
  • The harden drinker goes home lol
    McHammer said:

Just back from the pub and really wanted to say

Yaaaaaasssssss get in etc

• Thought Antonio had a very good game last night. Thought he was a lot better with his decision making & his passing was pretty good. Plus he rounded it off with a goal.
  • edited February 2019
    ;tumbleweed

Where is everybody? Sleeping off their post-celebration hangovers? ;biggrin
  • Just basking in the feeling that my Saturday cannot be ruined by a west ham defeat!
  • Just looking at the match stats, West Ham had 12 corners to Fulham's 0.
    ;hmm
  • From the comments on BBC:

If you take Watford, Wolves and West Ham, 7th, 8th and 9th and then West Ham, Everton and Bournemouth, 9th, 10th and 11th you get www web.

I also have a budgie that does origami.

;lol
  • I also have a budgie that does origami.
    Careful with that, or the RSPB will have you up before the beak for animal cruelty...
  • Then bubbles be spitting feathers
  • I can see them getting a second

Shoulda gone to specsavers ;wink
  • MrsGrey said:

;tumbleweed

Where is everybody? Sleeping off their post-celebration hangovers? ;biggrin

In my case,I’m justifying my handle.
    However I’ve stirred myself,had a shower,thought about taking the dog out,made myself a coffee and sat down again.
    Oh,last night?
    Not bad,not great,3-1 was a bit flattering.

Think I’ll have a little lie down in a bit.
  • I think Felipe has lost his mojo a little bit at the moment. He seems very reluctant to have a shot and always looking for a pass, which makes him a more predictable and less dangerous player around the penalty area.

Hopefully having Arnie and Lanzini back playing regularly with give him a better quality to link up with.

Antonio has stepped up massively, though. When he’s got confidence he’s a very good player.
  • This is why I thought it would have been awful business if we sold him I n the summer for £15mil

He's not gonna be a top 6 player, but his directness, pace and power is so difficult to play against and he causes chaos even on his poorer days
  • Just thinking we only need 2 signings to make us a really good squad for next year.

A Team

Fab
    Fredericks Balbuena Diop Cresswell
    Rice Noble
    Anderson Lanzini New Wide Player
    Arnautovic

B Team

Adrian
    Zab Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
    Obiang Wilshire
    Antonio Nasri Snodgrass
    Hernandez

Let Carroll and Perez go and spend big on the 1 wide player and 1 centre forward.
  • edited February 2019
    Yarmalenko?

I suspect Zab will call it a day at the end of the season and we've got Byram as back up. Also Adrian's contract is up so he'll probably leave on a free in the hope of finding a regular start.
  • So our first goal was handball, reckon people saying it was cheating such as Carra & Lawro aren't so quick to give similar views when Salah keeps falling over to get penalties, I wonder why that is? Would have been happier for Liverpool's goal the other week to have been chalked off and Hernandez likewise but last night appears to be some kind of recompense for that not happening.

We were linked with Valencia the other week as a possible replacement for Zab?
  • Antonio Valencia? Aren't they basically the same age?
  • Is there a rule somewhere that we have to have at least one South American 30-something fullback from a Manchester club?
  • Fortune I agree with you. They also tend to fail to note that we should have had at least 5 penalties for fouls by their keeper on Hernandez. But of course that would not fit their agenda ;angry
  • I think Felipe has lost his mojo a little bit at the moment. He seems very reluctant to have a shot and always looking for a pass, which makes him a more predictable and less dangerous player around the penalty area.

Hopefully having Arnie and Lanzini back playing regularly with give him a better quality to link up with.

Antonio has stepped up massively, though. When he’s got confidence he’s a very good player.

It’s not just fel,,, a lot seem lack the shot on goal
  • From the comments on BBC:

If you take Watford, Wolves and West Ham, 7th, 8th and 9th and then West Ham, Everton and Bournemouth, 9th, 10th and 11th you get www web.

I also have a budgie that does origami.

;lol

I used to make a living writing for an origami newsletter but unfortunately the paper folded....;yercoat
  • edited February 2019

Just thinking we only need 2 signings to make us a really good squad for next year.

A Team

Fab
    Fredericks Balbuena Diop Cresswell
    Rice Noble
    Anderson Lanzini New Wide Player
    Arnautovic

B Team

Adrian
    Zab Reid Ogbonna Masuaku
    Obiang Wilshire
    Antonio Nasri Snodgrass
    Hernandez

Let Carroll and Perez go and spend big on the 1 wide player and 1 centre forward.

I believe Nasri only has a contract til the end of the season but if we extended it, he's an A team player for me.

Agree with the Yarmo shout and would love to see if/how we could fit in:

Yarmo Nasri Lanzini Andersen and Arnie into a first eleven.

I know I periodically knock Noble (nothing particular against him, just dont think hes that good a player) but for me an improved 'good' team wouldnt have Noble in the middle. If Wilshire actually could stay fit hes comfortably more accomplished creatively and defensively. I'd spend the money on a Noble slot replacement instead of a wide player (we have players already like Antonio who can play wide). I'm not sure I would have Cresswell (or Arthur) in a first eleven either and I think there are still question marks over Rocky. I'd love it if Reid came back and showed he was still our number one defender (You can always hope)

Adrian
    Fredericks Diop Reid (or new player) New LB
    Rice
    Yarmo Nasri Lanzini Andersen
    Arnie

#boom
  • Honestly I look at our first XI and the only position id say we need a major signing is getting a partner for Rice at CM

Don't wanna knock Noble or Obiang, but it's currently an area we could improve

I mean technically we could do with new full backs, but I like what I've seen from Fredericks and Cresswell is still solid so it's not a huge need, only back ups will be needed. Obvs depending on who leaves we are likely gonna need a striker or 2

I just like how we have Diop, Rice and Anderson now who we can build around. 3 players who are all young and can get better
  • I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could have Noble in the A team for next season.
    He'll be 32 and even slower than he is now. ;nonono
  • I have him in the A team because I think he’s the best option we have
  • I'd have him in the A Team because I love it when a plan comes together.
  • McH

That reminds me of one of my tweets I am most proud of:

This discussion has been closed.