Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• His record is good. 29 goals in 58 games for Basel. 3 caps for Switzerland with 1 goal.

For me, he's just the kind of player we need as a back up striker; young, will be eager to impress, obviously knows where the goal is (albeit in the Swiss league) and relatively cheap.
  • So if we want this DM from Stuttgart, a member of our 25 man squad will have to go.

So who are the most likely candidates? Ogbonna? Reid? Sanchez? Cresswell? Antonio? Hernandez?
  • edited August 2019
    I have a feeling Hernandez may be off. Firstly, I would imagine he would be third, or even fourth choice striker if Ajeti signs, and therefore keen to move on, and secondly, he's the only player that would command a decent fee, which the rumours suggest we would need to fund a CM.

Interestingly, Ajeti wears the No22 for Basel, so I'm calling Hernandez to go, Haller to get No9 and Ajeti No22.
  • If Ajeti and A N Other foreign player came, we would need to drop two non-HG players from the current squad, although I would assume one might be Silva, since he is still recovering, afaIk.
  • edited August 2019
    Talk of Diangana going to WBA on loan.
  • If Ajeti and A N Other foreign player came, we would need to drop two non-HG players from the current squad, although I would assume one might be Silva, since he is still recovering, afaIk.

Ex is saying Silva definitely won't be included now, but may be in January.
  • OCS

:ok:

I would agree with you there on Chica

I would say he is our biggest earner so to have him not first choice and not a real fit for Pelle’s way of playing and still be at the club is, for me, a bit of a nonsense.
  • SKY : BREAKING NEWS

West Ham are closing in on a deal to sign Basel striker Albian Ajeti for £8m, Sky Sports News understands.

He is likely to earn around £50k-a-week at the London Stadium.
  • Maybe we need a replacement first before letting Chica go :hmm:
  • RE Hernandez I think it's the case that, unless we get a good bid (say about £8mil) this window, we will let him run down the last year of his contract and allow him to leave on a free

With Ajeti all but signed we had 3 strikers + Antonio covering 1 position

If we assume Ajeti arrives for £8mil and there are no permanent moves out, that bring our summer to:

In: £80m
    Haller £45m
    Fornals £25m
    Ajeti £8m
    Cordoba £2m
    Roberto Free, Martin Free

Out: £42m
    Arnie £22m
    Obiang £8m
    Fernandes £6m
    Perez £3m
    Oxford £2m
    Byram £0.8m
    Browne £0.3m
    FREE: Carroll, Nasri, Adrian

Think we have to be happy with the above, we've trimmed the squad of some dead weight, added two players of genuine quality and reduced the wage bill / average age of the squad while buying two young players who look to have good potential
  • Likes a cheeky lob, does Ajeti

• edited August 2019
    Notwithstanding it is YouTube (and we all know how that can flatter...) looks a good prospect. Pacy, two-footed, and can head the ball.

Looking at the clips, he reminded me of Shane Long, which is just the sort of player I think we could do with.

Would be sorry not to get him, now.
  • Would be a fantastic window - if this signing is followed up with Chicha outta the door. Not sure I could stomach his antics another season.
  • Close to signing a yeti?
  • I hear he wears size 15 boots. :biggrin:
  • Definitely one to sasquatch
  • So from various different sources

-Diangana on loan to Derby / West Brom
    -Holland on loan to potentially Bolton
    -Cullen on loan to Charlton (last year of contract so he is done at our level)
    -Dan Kemp on loan to a club in Holland
    -Ajeti to sign for West Ham 8m / 10m
    -Ascacíbar to sign if we can move someone from the 25 man squad.

• Going to be a mad Deadline day for us I think :wahoo:
  • I would only allow Diangana to go on loan if we have a call back option in January if needed, he did a job last year and should injuries come may be needed to again this season.

I think Chico will stay and am happy if he does. He will always score goals and should injuries occur or we be chasing games he will be essential. I am happy to see what Ajeti can do but he will be up against a quality of defender he has likely rarely encountered week in week out, Chico has proved himself at this level. I would like to think Ajeti is cover and not a replacement for Chico.

Also I doubt many teams would meet Chicos wages now as I imagine he is on a fair whack.
  • Will be interesting to see who gets Chicha. He seems to be losing pace daily. Will be a real luxury for any side. He has his US Mexican fan base as a draw, not a lot of south or the border Mexicans like him though.
  • He never had great pace anyway so not sure he is losing it. And as for your Mexican fan base, well, it doesn't really merit a response.
  • If he’s losing pace daily by next week he be going backwards
  • Yep, and still slowing down as well. :lol:
  • Watford signing Welbeck on a free has made me notice that apart from Craig Dawson, they haven't signed anyone

I always thought Watford were a good team, I'm surprised they've been so inactive
  • Welbeck is a good addition for them. Will make a point to watch a couple of their games.
  • He'll probably only bit fit for a couple of their games.
  • IronHerb said:

He never had great pace anyway so not sure he is losing it. And as for your Mexican fan base, well, it doesn't really merit a response.

He was the quickest player at the 2010 World Cup. Maybe you should re-evaluate your response
  • Jeez. Noble was quick in 2010.
  • I was lol
This discussion has been closed.