Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• Whoever Leicester buy this window it will be hard to see it as a success as they have just failed retain their best defender.

I didn’t realise Wes Morgan had left Leicester? When did that happen?
  • BREAKING NEWS

West Ham are close to agreeing deal to sign 18-year-old centre-back Goncalo Cardozo from Boavista for £2.75m, according to Sky sources
  • Are we up to 100 yet... time's running out :wahoo:
  • Adrian to Liverpool looks to be back on
  • Daily Mail have Adrian going to Liverpool to replace Mignolet. Great for him if it's true.
  • Just shows you how quickly someone can change their mind from ‘wanting to move on for regular game time’ to ‘happy to bench warm again’.
  • Some benches are more equal than others...
  • I think at his age, having the chance to play for Liverpool is obviously a massive draw, but come on. He’s gonna be playing Carabao cup & FA Cup games. I doubt he’s going to be on more than he was with us either, a rumoured £70k. Feel like he could have gone & played somewhere regular.
  • A brief view from me would be that I feel we need another striker. The first team looks great but I would fear Haller getting injured or not taking immediately to the Premiership and Chico cannot play up alone.

It's worth noting that a window shouldn't only be evaluated by just who we buy but retention also and we haven't done too bad. Arnie is a big loss but I feel we expected it and effectively had little say in it. I am sure we had enquiries for others however but have managed to retain Rice, Diop, Anderson and Lanzini.

Whoever Leicester buy this window it will be hard to see it as a success as they have just failed retain their best defender.

I imagine if Haller cannot play for a particular reason (injury, suspension etc), then Antonio will replace him with Chicharito being third choice striker.
  • Adrian’s tear jerking departure message doesn’t quite have the same impact now
  • Still love Adrian and who on earth could turn down the lure of Liverpool. Theyre grrrrrrreat! :wink: :run:
  • Oh no, here we go, Liverpool.....

:lol:
  • I am happy for Adrian, IMO he didn't sound like he was inundated with offers that he probably hoped to get, so why not....Good for him.
  • edited August 2019
    The words of the boss;

“I think that I have never seen a team which has so many players [linked to it]. Every player that has the option to change club, I think West Ham wants, but most of them are not true!
    Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/august/05-august/exclusive-manuel-pellegrini-reveals-west-ham-hopes-201920#7pphDJiuHQivyiQw.99

I knew it!!!
  • This new CD we seem to be signing takes us to the round 100 by my count.
  • Obligatory You Tube video of our soon-to-be new CB:

Looks like he can play CB and LB, and based on this already looks better than Oggy
  • Assuming this is happening, it seems like a smart move. He's young enough not to have to go in the 25 man squad, looks like he can already play, and gets up to a year in which to bed himself in.
  • Liverpool about to sign Adrian.
  • The Man Utd twitter site has posted the following on Maguire

“New player, same #mufc DNA”

Crikey, that’s a bit harsh on Maguire - have his employers written him off as poison already?

• Adrian to Liverpool confirmed.
  • Bit odd but good luck to him ,love the guy :hug:
  • Guaranteed we will draw them in one of the cups and he will have a blinder.
  • score the winning pen against us :fishslap:
  • Adrian might get some European games along with cup games at Liverpool.
  • Pity we couldn't have kept adrian.Roberto doesn't fill me with a lot of faith
  • For me, Adrian to Liverpool is the same as when Dudek went to Real Madrid as third choice goalie. He’s not going to get a lot of game time, but he’s in chance to get medals now!
  • McHammer said:

Albian Ajeti Swiss striker linked

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albian_Ajeti

Ex has said another couple of championship breaks have offered more. Probably Brentford being one of them.
  • I am very happy for Adrian and am reading it that it's the last week of the window and may not have had the offers of first team football hoped and didn't want to be without a club. It's also a different prospect being second keeper at Liverpool as they will be in so many competitions and likely going far in them that he will inevitably get some game time. He also knows one injury to the No 1 and he has the chance of playing in matches he wouldn't have dreamed of possibly. Understandable and good decision in my view.
  • For me, Adrian to Liverpool is the same as when Dudek went to Real Madrid as third choice goalie. He’s not going to get a lot of game time, but he’s in chance to get medals now!

He’ll probably get more game time than if he stayed with us, even if it’s only in the domestic cups!
This discussion has been closed.