Crystal Palace vs West Ham(A)KO 3pm Saturday February 9th

Comments

• Fabianski great again. HOTY for me.
  • Deffo second yellow for the guy whose name begins with M ;angry
  • edited February 2019
    Good point against a good, dangerous side. Not sure why the snobbery. Palace have caused better sides than us issues.

Shame we couldn’t cause them more issues in the second half or hang on but not a shocker.
  • Could have and should have been a couple up by half time.

In the end, happy with a point.
  • I didn’t agree with taking Antonio off and replacing him with Obiang. We ended up with just Anderson and Arnie for counters (Snoddy isn’t as quick).
  • Bit worried we're not scoring from open play. ;puzzled
  • I hear Arnie did well
  • Lucky 2 escape with a point the chances they had, but I'm content with that, what gives us the right to win games like this, I'm not sure, Palace probably needed the points more than us, so I'm ok with the final score, we had a really good 1st half IMO and it was no shock to me that it was all Palace in the 2nd half....

Some harsh criticism on here TBH IMO of course!...
  • Lucky to get a point but it’s worrying that for the last few games we’ve not had any real attacking threat in the second half of games. I don’t know why that is and it doesn’t seem like Pelle does either.
  • I'm actually glad we have a break now some of our players look shot. Plus we could have Nasri and the god that is Lanzini back ;wahoo
  • First half was good end to end stuff, with us having the better of it.
    Palace came out all guns blazing after half time and made it really hard for us to get a foothold. Even Dekkers looked a bit shaky.

I thought Pelle went a bit too early with Obiang - should have been Diangana - we lost more of what attacking threat we had, and Palace got more rampant.

Hernandez has to be dropped for the next game, imo.

Start Arnie, otherwise same side.
  • Lucky to get a point but it’s worrying that for the last few games we’ve not had any real attacking threat in the second half of games.

Could it be because the opposing team have a reaction?
  • Mrs Grey, I actually thought Hernandez had a decent game, effort was there, compared to Arnie who hardly touched the ball, not all his fault tho i'd agree.
  • edited February 2019
    All about the onions ;ok

I thought he didn't get in the right place at the right time enough, given what his strengths as a striker are supposed to be. He did plenty of running, that's true.

But lots of running is the minimum, for me. I expect more. ;ok
  • It might be Mrs G but in at least two of those games it was 0-0 at half time so why couldn’t we have a reaction.
    It shouldn’t come as a surprise that your opponents might have a go but that shouldn’t preclude our having a go.
  • Am I disappointed - not really. Did I expect this result - probably. Until we get our best team on the pitch on a regular basis with the additional quality that will give us we aren't going to win the matches I expect us to win and be more competitive. ;ok
  • Liverpool have a few players out and it’s a crisis and it’s amazing they are still picking up points we have 7 out and it hardly gets mentioned . We have been inconsistent as we having to use the same 15 players most weeks . Hopefully we get a few back after the break
  • Surely if you’re using the same players each week there should be a lot of consistency. Leicester won the title by rarely having to change their side and Wolves this season have used far fewer players than we have which is probably why their in 7th place.
  • Does anyone else think that Snoddy is not PL standard.
    I know he runs a lot, but his passing leaves a lot to be desired, it always seems to be a yard/metre behind where it should be and often it puts the other player under pressure.
    He also misses good scoring opportunities (I'm not necessarily talking about today).
    Thoughts?
  • edited February 2019
    I think that was a good point hard won. Although we clearly won the first half the pressure they put us under in the second was immense, and much more of an onslaught than Liverpool did in the week. I think a neutral may say we would have been happier with the point today where as in the week I think we deserved it more.

• edited February 2019
    Bubbles , cant agree, think he's def proved his worth this season, today I also thought he had a decent game, perhaps I'm just trying to be positive ;hmm considering he was so out of favour b4 the season started, he's actually exceeded my expectations...
  • I think he’s a steady player but one we have to improve on if we going to be a top side, he’s improved no end don’t get me wrong
  • Bubbles.

Do I agree with your point re: Snodders?

Nope. Not at all. Definitely not.
  • I thought Fredericks played well although was lacking in positional play in keeping their players onside. Hopefully that will improve.
    Antonio also played well with some good interplay. That part of his game seems to be improving. Is Pelle having an effect here.
  • edited February 2019
    Grey, I think Cuz expresses my opinion of him more accurately than I did, but of course I respect your opinion.
    The proof of his ability will be in his continued selection when our injured players are back (I'm thinking Nasri, Manu, Yarmo) and where he is next season.
    ;ok
  • Arnie making Carroll actually seem useful
  • Bubbles

;ok

Snodders probably doesn't start if everyone is fit, but he is a valuable squad player, imo, and certainly PL quality.
  • I don’t think Arnie did anything wrong.

We were completely under the cosh by the time he came on, and nobody played any passes for him to do anything useful.

Unless he was supposed to pick the ball up in our area and run the length of the pitch and score.
  • Jorderz

;ok

I think if he had been on in the 1st half he would have caused them problems, and might well have got on the end of one of those balls pinging in their area.
  • edited February 2019
    Unless he was supposed to pick the ball up in our area and run the length of the pitch and score.

A fifty million pound player would have done so! ;whistle
This discussion has been closed.