AFC Wimbledon (A), 7:45pm Sat 26th January

Comments

• We seriously need to decide where we're going as a club. We keep giving up these opportunities in the cup, and for what? A top ten finish?

You said it brother.
  • This game goes to show that we have a lot of players who just aren't up to scratch

Masuaku is a liability & Carroll is useless, would be happy not to see either in a west ham shirt again

Ogbonna and Obiang are usually solid but in truth they've never really proved they should be starting

Despite being a good player, Hernandez just doesn't fit in with us

Adrian has proved again why Fab is 1st choice, he just doesn't give any confidence
  • That kid had never scored against a senior team before.
    I wonder what excuses Pelle and the team will trot out after this. They are a disgrace and once again umpteen of them were spouting during the week about havin* to start strong because Wimbledon would be up for it. I’m sick of the lot of them.
  • Hamstew said:

The season is basically over.

Wolves and Liverpool up next with our confidence shot to pieces.

Yeah, reckon you're right.
  • Pelle takes responsibility for this in my view. The player who changes this game has not even got his boots dirty, Declan Rice. He has his best keeper sat on the bench also, his best striker not even named on the bench.

He is a quality manager who has improved us no end, but tonight he is a clown for that amount of naivety.
  • Well played Wimbledon.
  • Adrian Arthur Ogbonna Carroll Hernandez Perez Obiang need to leave the club.
  • I honestly cannot remember Hernandez having a touch in the second half.
  • I get that people are going to want to get vitriolic about this, and that's fair enough, but I don't want to read it, so, can people please remember the site rules about no swearing, or getting personal with other users. If you see a post that breaks these rules, please flag it, and one of us will look at it.
  • I agree Pellegrini got it wrong

Why does he persist with Carroll? He's utter useless in this team

And why didn't Rice start, he's the only holding midfielder we have
  • What is the point in this club at the moment?

Looking forward to playing for 12th place for the rest of the season
  • That result ties in with the rest of my day.
  • Rice was the biggest biggest mistake
  • I think that performance shows that we might want to spend some money before the end of the transfer window after all.
  • And another window where the owners have opened their wallets to push us on
  • They know how to spoil your weekend for sure and i stayed up late to watch that trash..
    Manuel, blame lies at your feet...not on....
    Very few who wore the shirt can come out with any credit, outplayed in all areas.

Like loads have said, play your strongest team, Arnie must feel good after his comments about trying to win the cup, oh dear....

There are many who must depart at the end of season for sure.
  • Adam said:

I honestly cannot remember Hernandez having a touch in the second half.

Excellent point. I had to double check he hadn’t been substituted at half time !!

• Honestly, what is the point of this club. What are we?

Outplayed by a team bottom of League One with a -23 goal difference. And none of this 'magic of the cup' nonsense. Pellegrini keeps talking about 'big team mentality' but we're a million miles away from that.

But hey, there's always next season.

Again.
  • Hope Masuaku never plays for us again. Sick of the diving, spitting cheat.
  • I don't very often go ballistic but I feel embarrassed to be a West Ham fan right now. With no relegation worries I was really looking forward to having a crack at the cup this season & now our season is effectively over, unless you count reaching 7th & hoping for a Europa League spot. I don't support West Ham for the glory (obviously) but I expect better than that. This is a team 8 points adrift at the bottom of the third tier of English football & they took us to the cleaners. The manager got it badly wrong tonight but I still have faith in the guy & I believe there are a number of players out there tonight who won't be there next season. Speaking of which, next season marks the 40th anniversary of our last trophy (please, please don't mention the Inter Toto cup or Play Off Finals) & that's 40 years too long. Please, please ,please Mr Pellegrini-don't make the same mistake next year.
  • In going on 60 years of watching West Ham I can’t remember (much really!)seeing many worse performances than that first half shambles.Totally and completely outclassed by a side bottom of the third division, so so embarrassing.
    Yes it was a vast improvement in the second half but that game was lost in forty five minutes of utter utter garbage.
    They should hang their heads.
  • I agree with the assessments of some of the players in this thread and I hope we get rid now or in the summer. I wont be popular for saying this but we need a captain on the pitch. I watched Noble as much as I could and, whist he did not play too badly, he should have been leading the team and being animated. Pelle cant do it all from the sidelines and we need a stronger captain who gets at our players when needed. although I dont think it would have made much difference with Caroll, Masuaku etc. totally frustrated with the team selection and performance.
  • So so disappointing. The old habits of WHU live on and we once again got mauled by a lower league team. Second half much better but Masuaku and Ogbonna were poor and where was the defence for Wimbledon's fourth goal? . Carroll, Obiang and Diangana hardly made a worthwhile contribution and Hernández did little. All we can now aim for is mid-table obscurity.
  • edited January 2019
    After about 3 minutes Carroll nodded the ball down to Hernandez who, in fact did nothing with it but the idea was right. There is only any point in playing Carroll if you are going to play to that strength. Otherwise you are picking a big lump who gives you nothing.
  • The rules of each competition states that clubs should field strong sides. After today’s showing I reckon the FA should be able to fine us for breaking that rule because that first half side was as weak as water.
    Pelle should get a rollicking from the board for putting that team out. He didn’t even have all his better players on the bench.
  • Our team is basically being held together by Rice
  • Is that Hernandez's full name?
  • Don't know how the woman from my garage appeared there. Please don't email her!
  • Worse is when you look at how many Premier League sides have gone out. What a massive opportunity wasted. A crushing disappointment.
  • Goalkeeper
    Left back
    Centre back
    Centre midfielder
    Defensive midfielder
    Two strikers

Lots of work to be done again this summer.

Thought Fredericks had a decent game, so may be worth giving him a chance for the rest of the season. Give Zab another year to keep him on his toes.
This discussion has been closed.