Brexit

Comments

• My comment about Chairman Ma(y)o has really cheapened this thread - I offer my humble apologies.
  • Ginger Parkin cake, with Cheshire cheese.

I will just leave it there. Leave behind your preconceptions and enjoy.
  • So was it stupid woman or stupid people he said today?
  • Storm in a tea cup.
  • edited December 2018
    Glad they got all the important stuff sorted, so they can focus on the minutiae.

More importantly, and I don't see why this is not being dealt with, parliamentary rules state that if you are going to call anyone stupid, you need to be wearing a red top hat and sitting on a whoopee cushion, which Jezzer clearly wasn't.
  • stupid tories
  • Now imagine if a conservative was a misogynist. May is stupid due to stubbornness in the face of logic. No need to bring her sex into it, so as the darling if the left corbyn does like an Own goal or two, get him playing for the spuds
  • Its a pity that they can't all act like actual adults.... ;doh
  • Suze, I think that with a very few notable exceptions, that would disqualify one from politics. ;biggrin
  • Its almost as if the Conservatives want to distract attention from something really serious.....

SQUIRREL!!!!!
  • I am taking it that as all the commotion is regarding whether he used the word woman or not, and no one has questioned the word stupid that we can assume everyone is in agreement that there is no argument about her being stupid, that everyone is in agreement that she is!
  • I beg to disagree
  • No, I think it's JC who was stupid in this instance.
  • For me, it begs the question, if he is willing to lie about something as trivial as this, what else is he willing to lie about?
  • I knew he was lying as soon as his lips moved
  • A bit of balance.

Two Tory MPs who had been suspended from the party had their membership restored in time to vote on the no-confidence motion.

Andrew Griffiths (Burton & Uttoxeter) was suspended over sexually harassing two constituents, his actions have been blamed on "mental health problems" that apparently he no longer suffers from and the internal investigation has been dropped

Charlie Elphicke (Dover) was suspended after being accused of sexual assault but has been readmitted despite still being under police investigation.

SQUIRREL!!!
  • That is equally as bad, probably a bit worse.
  • Preston, probably? ;hmm
  • Well no, it's far worse. However, he has been seen as someone different but I feel, he is no different as many of them in that he is a liar.

There is no way they should have been allowed to have a vote.
  • Preston

From what I can find, there is nothing which proves he lied.

You can choose to disbelieve him, obviously.

To imply that this somehow demonstrates his unfitness for high political office seems a stretch, tbh.
  • Not that he didn’t though either
  • If you want to imply commentary around someone who holds high office, demonstrates his unfitness for said office and is thought to be a serial liar, look no further than the bloke we have in charge over here.

Does not seem that much of a stretch at all ;wink
  • edited December 2018
    If only at least 2 of them really would jump ;pray
  • edited December 2018
    Funniest thing this year

Blue passportess...
  • Funniest thing this year

Blue passportess...

Yeah and Jeremy Corbyn close 2nd
  • No leadership on either side which has been the problem. Both playing their supporters to their own aims. May tells her leave supporting members, Brexit means brexit, and the ridiculous red white and blue brexit, yet provides them nothing of the sort, whilst Corbyn says the membership decides policy, until it's politically inconvenient in which event it gets manipulated to not reflect the majority of members wish for another referendum. He also knows he did say woman and yet claims he didn't. As an issue it is pretty irrelevant, but to him knowing he did but lying it should be a bigger thing, as his whole appeal to many is his difference to the politicians we have become used to, yet the whole intention behind that move is I lie for political convenience, which is what they all do.

Some leadership for Chistmas please - in power or opposition.
  • Only just caught up with this brilliant speech to HoC by David Lammy 10th Jan.

Ok, I know he's a Spud. ;biggrin
  • edited January 2019
    She has just said in Parliament: "What I want to see is what the British people voted for. They voted for an end to free movement, they voted for an independent trade policy, they voted to end the jurisdiction of the European court of justice."

I have therefore realised I must have voted in the wrong referendum. ;doh I feel like a right idiot now.