World Cup KO: En-ger-land, En-ger-land, En-ger-land (was 'Group G')

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Slav, I can see that you're not too fussy what you pour down your neck. ;biggrin
  • Suze,
    But, I have an Argentinian on my course this week and she says this is how football is played elsewhere in the world and if England want to win anything we need to get on board.

Will she be on your course next week so you can inform her otherwise? ;biggrin
  • And now even more rides on the game...

• edited July 2018
    Sure there’s better places for fish and chips than Wembley tho, and won’t cost him half as much
  • I doubt Becks in worried about the ££££
  • If he's shopping at IKEA maybe he is. ;hmm
  • Ok, am getting ready for the game for which we have a 9.00am kick off.

Have a couple of friends coming over for a pre game full English breakfast - and yes we do have imported sausages

;quaver its coming home ;quaver
  • I’m realy nervous ;puzzled
  • I don't actually think it's coming home, but I can't stop singing the song ;weep
  • Come on ;scarveng ;pray ;scarveng
  • Is it me or has Ali been absolutely rubbish so far
  • ;scarveng
  • We were lucky there. That didn’t look like offside.
  • Is it me or has Ali been absolutely rubbish so far

He’s been good at giving the ball away.
  • Not too impressive atm. Need to step up a gear.
  • Awwwwww my back ;barrera
  • Another set piece goal. Well taken by Maguire. But, am I the only one concerned that we don’t seem to have the ability to break down defences and score from open play?
  • I think we are looking comfortable. But need to keep concentration, and get another one before halftime ;beer
  • ;cheers
    Wombat
  • After 3 weeks and more than 30 games, the commentator says 'why didn't the linesman put his flag up for Sterling's offside? ;doh

He should be subbed at half time.
  • Nothing wrong with that half. Raheem could do with a bit of luck bouncing his way. Kane has been quiet, but I think he’s being double man marked.
  • How refreshing is it to watch two European teams playing football properly, without the need for gamesmanship, amateur dramatics, fouling and downright cheating employed by certain others?
  • DIdnt want the half to finish as we were progressively on top. So wish Sterling could score and get that monkey off his back!
  • Great goal, decent first half. Come on Englanf
  • I am starting to believe ;wahoo
  • Nicely nicely ;champagne
  • Sweden showing us that we can’t afford to become too complacent. A 3rd goal should close this out.
  • When we are attacking from a corner, it’s a bit like mike Reid’s runaround. G G G G Go!