Pellegrini Confirmed as West Ham Manager (22.05.18) - already (September) there are doubters

Comments

• Perhaps he'll bring back Stevie Bacon.

I actually preferred Billy Sausage.
  • Wasn’t it Biffa Bacon? Or did he get a ban after the Burnley game ;hmm
  • I hesitate to say this but do I detect the faint green shoots of an optimism which has been sadly lacking for the past two seasons? ;poormf

Agree Giant......the big question is will Pelligrini being our manager attract decent signings who actually work for us?
  • Has anyone posted this?
    https://1.ftb.al/eUV0wnafgN
    Tl;dr Pellegrini agreed in November 2017 he would take over at West Ham, and has been discussing transfer budgets and targets since then.
    That would be a case of Gollivan acting like fans want them to.

• I had heard a rumour that he was in talks for a while....
  • Could explain why Moyes wasn't given any money to spend in January I suppose
  • that’s proper bit of planning there....

No doubt this whole hire and the way they’ve gone about it is a plus in the David’s column..
  • Eduardo Macia has signed for West Ham as the Club’s new Director of Football. A position that David Sullivan promised that the club would adopt. Macia preciously worked as a scout at both Valencia and Liverpool and as head of recruitment at Leicester. #WHUFC
  • That's from Ex, I think.. There's nothing official so far.
  • Macia preciously worked as a scout at both Valencia and Liverpool and as head of recruitment at Leicester. #WHUFC

I know that was supposed to say 'previously', but I prefer it how it is.

Makes him sound like a right drama queen ;biggrin
  • What have you got in the transfer kitty, my precious?

• Moyes left a couple of weeks ago.
  • What have you got in the transfer kitty, my precious?

goldsullivan

Gandolf and Bilbo discuss the Desolation of the Boleyn
  • ;weep ;weep

• IMG_20180527_180748

Too far? ;hmm
  • edited May 2018
    No.

I think that’s what she looks like on the inside.
  • Why do we need to see photos of that vile women on this site

• IMG_20180527_180748

Too far? ;hmm

;hmm
  • edited May 2018
    Amazing what a bit of make up can do....

Never realised we had a Ork running the club...
  • That will probably do re: Brady.

It's not adding anything to the discussion.
  • Apart from entertainment value
  • That will probably do re: Brady.

It's not adding anything to the discussion.

Your right, only in one of films , a bit part actor

Feels like it is moving from humour to just nasty.
  • Has anyone posted this?
    https://1.ftb.al/eUV0wnafgN
    Tl;dr Pellegrini agreed in November 2017 he would take over at West Ham, and has been discussing transfer budgets and targets since then.
    That would be a case of Gollivan acting like fans want them to.

If it's true, I applaud them but why then go through the theatrics:
    - Interviewing other managers.
    - Gold saying he wants Moyes to stay.

Just thank Moyes for getting the job done and announce Pellegrini. Unless we were talking to Pellegrini without the required permissions there was no reason for the antics.

Feels like it is moving from humour to just nasty.

;ok
  • Yes, I'm not sure what the 'smokescreen' was meant to be screening. It doesn't really fit with the remainder of the theory.

I can, though, see that discussions with Pellegrini a while back might have led to a tentative agreement 'in principle' that if West Ham avoided relegation (and various other 'ifs') talks would be held again in the summer.

Exploring other possible options (eg Moyes, Fonseca, Rafa) in case things didn't work out with Pellegrini seems to me to be sensible forward planning.

I also don't really buy the line that Moyes wasn't given funds in January as part of the 'secret' strategy. Surely Pellegrini taking the job was contingent on us avoiding relegation.
  • You should always have some sort back up plan
  • Hope for the best, plan for the worst ;ok
  • So Moyes was on to a loser no matter what happened, if he kept us Pellegrini takes over, if we were relegated he'd have been given the push.

I actually feel sorry for him now
  • ASLEF

Always assuming this report is true...
This discussion has been closed.