Smash Those Potters - Stoke (A) Match Thread 16.12.17 3pm

Comments

• What a turn around by the moyes boys fantastic we look so good on the break
  • ;clap everyone played there part ,except Adrain who had nothing to do ;biggrin
    loved the way they put bodies in the way at the end no way were they going to give up the clean sheet ;scarf
  • I think that was a penalty as he has not purposely dived in my opinion but instinctively reacted to the speed of the challenge and has simply tried to get out the way. Penalty was given by defenders rash challenge.Great result and performances to match, I think three clean sheets is the biggest difference at present as it builds confidence from the back up.

Too early to say unequivocally but Moyes does seem to be making a big difference and by the end of the season I may owe a doth of the cap and an apology.

Lets allow Hart to go in January to free up some wages and get a proper second keeper, for as much as I would be happy for him to be our second he is too good for that, but Aidrian is our man in my opinion.

It's fair to say that every player is looking better than before, Arnie obv the most improved but everyone has responded to Moyes.

• It begs the question, where would we be if Moyes had come in a few weeks earlier. ;hmm
  • It just goes to show what this squad is capable of.
  • Hamstew said:

*coughs

Did David Moyes start the last three match threads.

No, he did not.

You are all welcome ;biggrin

Suzypoos btw ;clap
    She most certainly doesn't ;nonono

The potential of this squad is huge tbh. That's what was (previously) the frustrating thing about this season so far.
  • edited December 2017
    NEoldiron said:

It begs the question, where would we be if Moyes Suze had come in a few weeks earlier. ;hmm

Fixed it for ya. ;ok ;wink
  • When in doubt don't abuse, Suz...
  • I think Chico is due an opening and surprised Sakho got the nod before Chico as he has looked dangerous when on these last couple of matches, give him a proper chance and he may improve like Arnie.
  • I would like Hernandez in the side, but I don't know who comes out of it for him
  • What I like is that Arnautovic, Antonio, Hernandez and Sakho (when he's switched on) are pretty much interchangeable in this formation.

So Antonio could be rested for Newcastle and Hernandez given a run out.

It might not be anything but I have started to wonder if the whole Hart thing might have been one of the reasons for our earlier performances and the team just not putting in a shift.

Of course there does seem to be a lot about the actual level of fitness across the team but as soon as Hart is dropped and we Adrian back the whole team seems to be working harder

Almost like they are making the point that if you bring in a loan player, who hasn't earned his spot then the team aren't going to stand for it.

We don't need big name loan players who are playing because of their name and not because they have earned the shirt.
  • Moojor,

We had the same problem after we brought in Phil Parkes, the defence started to think he could save everything and they didn't have to help. Once the penny dropped it improved no end and we stopped conceding as many goals.
  • Moojor,

We had the same problem after we brought in Phil Parkes, the defence started to think he could save everything and they didn't have to help. Once the penny dropped it improved no end and we stopped conceding as many goals.

To me it felt like it wasn't so much he could save everything and they didn't need to help, more that they just couldn't be bothered to help because he didn't deserve to be there and they wanted to prove a point.
  • Personally I’m thoroughly disappointed that Hernandez failed to score the fourth. As a result I will go to sleep tonight extremely unhappy
  • Moojor,

Why didn't he deserve to be there? Most clubs would cry out for a top class goalkeeper.
  • Adrian just gets us....
  • edited December 2017
    baracks

A Tottenham lullaby for you. ;wink

• Lets allow Hart to go in January to free up some wages and get a proper second keeper, for as much as I would be happy for him to be our second he is too good for that, but Aidrian is our man in my opinion.

We had a decent second keeper with Randolph, possibly the only time I can remember in my 50 years or so of following West Ham when we had two decent keepers at the same time but we managed to mess that up.

If Hart goes we will have a tough time finding anyone willing to sit on the bench as Adrian's back up and if Adrian gets injured we're left with Nathan Trott.
  • *coughs

Did David Moyes start the last three match threads.

No, he did not.

You are all welcome ;biggrin

Cheers big ears
    ;cheers
  • ;biggrin ;redwine
  • Lets allow Hart to go in January to free up some wages and get a proper second keeper, for as much as I would be happy for him to be our second he is too good for that, but Aidrian is our man in my opinion.

We had a decent second keeper with Randolph, possibly the only time I can remember in my 50 years or so of following West Ham when we had two decent keepers at the same time
    Did we though? Go back 1 year and we were complaining how they were both making so many mistakes.
  • Moojor,

Why didn't he deserve to be there? Most clubs would cry out for a top class goalkeeper.

not that he doesn't deserve to be here, he didn't deserve to start just because of his name. Adrian hadn't done anything wrong to be dropped for Hart.

To me a player on loan should never be starting ahead of a full time player unless they have made a total mess up. It was as if Hart just wasn't going to get dropped by Bilic no matter what.
  • With hart, it seems as though Bilic thought he would be the answer to our defensive woes. As it (appears) now to be the case, the answer in fact seems to be to have a vaguely coherent plan, work hard and be well organised and disciplined.
  • Suze start the barcodes thread now ;scarf
  • Great deal to smirk at here, but the language is frequently foul. Arnie's goal is p18.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/274079/stoke-city-west-ham-united

Could so easily have been us, so ta ever so very much to Mr Moyes.
  • Well, a considerable amount of use of the word “shower” on that site, and I don’t think they were referring to the thing that becomes operational in the bathroom when you turn the lever...
  • Adam said:

Lets allow Hart to go in January to free up some wages and get a proper second keeper, for as much as I would be happy for him to be our second he is too good for that, but Aidrian is our man in my opinion.

We had a decent second keeper with Randolph, possibly the only time I can remember in my 50 years or so of following West Ham when we had two decent keepers at the same time
    Did we though? Go back 1 year and we were complaining how they were both making so many mistakes.
    Adrian & Randolph are both top quality goalkeepers. Especially Adrian. Joe Hart is worse than both (and i said the same thing over the summer).
This discussion has been closed.