Brighton (Home) Friday 20th 8pm (match thread)

Comments

• Anyone who can find a positive in that needs certifying. Problem is if we get rid of Bilic which of our invisible back room staff could step in until we find someone else.
    At the end the stewards outnumbered our fans.
  • need to make sure i shove a Palace player in for next week in FF
  • As the saying goes, we were lucky to get nil.
  • Terrible result that & IMO similar performance to match...
    Very hard to take for the fans....
    Not sure what to think...just sad about it all....
  • Brighton up to 10th and we are now 17th. I'm beginning to seriously think that's got to be our target this season
  • Brighton up to 10th and we are now 17th. I'm beginning to seriously think that's got to be our target this season

That’s modestly ;lol
  • After many years the rubbish that we are playing and the issues with the stadium have started to erode my passion for the team.
    What is going on at West Ham is not just sad it’s a disgrace to our great players of the past.

Our players now are clearly not fit , have no appetite for the game and worst of all don’t really care about the fans and club.

If they did they would never lose 3-0 at home to a team like Brighton.
  • Terrible game and team (was there a team?) performance. Antonio tried but nothing worked. Hart is not really an EPL players. How many errors has he made? Do players want to play for Bilic? 4-4-1-1 did not do anything. Was it matter of formation, player fitness/ability, tactics, attitude, motivation, lack of width, lack of self-respect, or all of these? May be too many players believing in their own hype and thinking they will beat newly promoted teams. It would be hard to motivate players for the next game. Reluctantly, I would now settle for a managerial change. We have played 9 games and it looks bleak but the season can be rescued.
  • edited October 2017
    Glenn Murray Named Man of Match ...
    That says it all.
  • ;weep feel so sad but being a loyal fan I will be behind the team on Wednesday nothing like a win over spurs to cheer us all up ;whistle
  • Problem with changing manager is that the Dave’s won’t pay for a replacement, so it will have to be a free agent manager.
  • Ancelotti
  • Go down then
  • I am so angry by that performance. Only 1 player showed a bit of passion and that was Zabaleta. The rest of them were disgraceful. Strolling around, not a care in the world
  • What have we done to another good striker?

Chicarito will go the same way as Payet . Our board must also take an awful lot of the blame for the horrible state the club is in off and on the pitch.

Worst I have known it for years and that is really saying something as we have had so many dreadful years over my lifetime
  • I’m actually rather cross with that dismal performance. I am struggling to find a good word to say about it.

I suppose it was nice that the rain kept off.
  • Truly shocking. We have only one quality player, Reid, who may well be off soon after that.
    Always been a big Bilic fan but I am no longer sure about him. He picked the subs and Ayew was the only attacking option ! Arrogant and a joke. Martinez should have been there, along with Samuelson or Habaznovic or someone who could change a game. Fernandes for Arnautovic was a joke. Surely Cresswell on and Masuaku pushed up was the better option.
    Only a fully fit Sakho might of helped today and I doubt it. We were lucky to get away with 0-3 !!!
  • we are not fit, dont work for each other and most players are just there for the money. think we will lose a few in January - lets hope it is the right ones. Zabaleta was the only player who came away with any credit for me tonight. would like to see him made captain.
  • Even Antonio doesn't look like he cares that much anymore.
  • I've maintained all along that Bilic's first season was mostly a fluke because almost all of the top clubs had a poor season by their standards and we benefitted. I think Payet realised very soon into his second season that Bilic didn't know what he was doing and I'm pretty sure some of our other players will soon come to that conclusion if he's here much longer. As someone mentioned earlier, how many players who play well for their clubs join us and suddenly go downhill and look shadows of their former selves.
    According to Zab they watched videos of Brighton which suggested they knew how they would play. It seems other teams know exactly what to do against us but we have no idea how to approach games to nullify them.
  • Utterly shambolic.
  • Neville and Carragher almost called our performance disgusting and said the crowd walking out en masse shows a serious problem at the club.
  • ;hmm what do you really mean Suz............ ;sofa
  • Many points I'd like to make (been wanting to say this for a while).

Adrian is better than Hart. Plus better at organising and leading the team.
    Collins and Reid are easily our best defenders. I'd even put Collins as captain if he was fit.
    Obiang is a good player but isn't looking sharp this season. Kouyate is our best CM at the moment and that's worrying as he seems off form but is still better than the rest. Rice may be equally as good but has been unfairly dropped. I know he's a kid but Bilic has something about avoiding the kids. If he was the exact same player and you didn't know his age (or if he was of the same ability but was 30) Bilic would be playing him.
    Cresswell and Masuaku on the left is our best option.
    We need organisation, leadership and tactical awareness at the back (and going forward).
    Hernandez needs to play on the shoulder. He also needs some encourage (I question Bilic's man management and ability to fire him up). Hernanez needs a strike partner (and not Carroll as that doesn't work). I appreciate Sakho is injured but he'd be the ideal partner. In fact I believe something suspicious is going on behind the scenes with Sakho (maybe Bilic's is leaving him out of the team due to an attitude problem that's being covered up as an injury). Hernandez and Martinez could work very well up front although I do appreciate it is a big risk.
    We do not have a game plan. The commentators got it spot on when they said "if it wasn't for giving the ball to Antonio and hoping for the best" we wouldn't know what to do with it.
    We need to get the ball forwards quicker. Zip it about with purpose. That's why I like Antonio as he is willing to drive the ball forward and get something into the box. Players like Kouyate choose the safe pass after taking 5 seconds to get the ball under control.
    Bilic's needs to realise who's playing well and who isn't, what's working and who isn't. It's clear that Ayew has been running round like a headless chicken for a while yet still gets in the squad. We know Hernandez has had no luck with playing deeper - the only time he's scored has been from rebounds from Sakho's shots. So surely playing Sakho also helps him.
    The youngsters are obviously a risk but hopefully they'd inspire the first teamers to push themselves.
    I truly believe Adrian is better than Hart. People say Hart has more potential and is less injury prone but I think Adrian makes less errors and has a lot more potential (think the season before last).
  • Well said. Agree with most of this.
  • edited October 2017
    I don’t understand how we can produce that game with that squad?

#Baffled
  • It must be the manager's fault, Suzanne. I wish it wasn't as Bilic was great post Sam but enough is enough.
  • I can. Our coaching squad, if it actually exists, is totally useless and has no impact at all on tactics or plans or formations. It's almost as if when a player gets the ball he has no idea what he should do with it and generally give it straight back to the player who gave it to him. Exception is Zab who shows clearly that his previous managers and game plans were positive.
    We are a total shambles and I can't see it changing while we have the current management team in place.
This discussion has been closed.