Hull Away on April Fools Day

Comments

• Puddle why should their changing their system make us play poorly. It may make them play better but shouldn't make us suddenly not know to play unless tactically we are and were clueless.
  • OCS ;ok

I was kind of pointing out the thinking of why I don't want him sacked, and the circumstances in which I can see why someone would... but also the need (imo) to look beyond the short-term.
  • This side is going down on this form
    I cannot see anything slaven can do that
    He hasn't already tried he's lost too many
    Games playing some terrible football imo

I don't see him lasting much longer we need to change something fast this side
    Has no backbone simple no way a week
    On the training pitch after the last load of rubbish in the first half against Leicester
    Has made any difference from what I can
    See utter rubbish, no midfield today I'm
    Gutted.
  • If he was playing our best full strength team every week I might agree. We haven't had the luxury of a consistent first team though. I do agree that some of our signings have been less than ideal but sacking the manager is not the answer in my opinion.
  • Arsenal will batter us Swansea will beat us riots at the Spurs game and back in the championship with 20 k watching in a 57k stadium the future is looking great just like the 3 idiots who run our club promised us. ;angry

Sounds like a spurs fan - So negative. Do you do winning lottery numbers too?
    Just upset mate venting is good for your health ;ok
  • No probs Putney- let's hope it all comes good eh? ;scarf ;ok
  • Don't go down the we were missing xyz. Even with those players we wete getting beat.
  • edited April 2017
    Hull's goalscorers Andrew Robertson and Andrea Ranocchia scored their first ever Premier League goals, by netting in this match.
    Of course they did, that's the West Ham way. ;biggrin

West Ham have lost 20 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season, the most of any side in the competition. Shocking statistic ;weep

And our previous star defender, Post, was absolutely rooted to the spot for their 2nd. ;biggrin ;yercoat
  • Swansea at home is a must win now we lose that and we are in serious trouble
  • Perhaps Post is seeking to engineer a move away in the summer transfer window?
  • No. He's an upright member of our squad and wouldn't do that.
  • NE as were our defenders but they did have the opportunity to move.
  • IronHerb said:

No. He's an upright member of our squad and wouldn't do that.

Very wooden defending at times, though.
  • shf

I wooden say that...
  • edited April 2017
    I thought the defence was very splintered. Do you think that Slav wood try a different set up against Arsenal?
  • I think we need to play our wildcard or at least the bench boost....

On the premise that Ayew, Snodgrass, Carroll and Lanzini (and Antonio if fit to play yesterday) would all walk into Hulls team, I still dont understand why we couldnt outscore them... Surely more than 1 goal anyway. Defensive weakness throughout the team and not just at the back you say? Agreed....
  • I said it during the game and I'll say it again. When Hull switched to a back four (i.e. an extra attacker), we should have brought on an extra defensive midfielder. Either Noble or Nordveit. They had so much space even though we were 1-0 up away from home.

It was so naive from us. Especially when a draw would have been fine (it would have kept us 9 points ahead of the relegation zone, 10 including goal difference).
  • I just read AC said Nobes didn't play because he got a niggle in the midweek: http://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/april/02-april/ac-it-means-nothing-without-result
  • Someone posted a stat a while back about how we haven't won a game, when Noble hasn't started, for a very, very long time. I'd be curious how many games that record is up to now. Not saying he shouldn't have been dropped this season though, as he has been pretty poor, but so has almost everyone else.

I'm trying to stop myself from caring a bit this season as the majority of it has been a train wreck.
  • I was out in London on Sat. Checked my phone after an hour, saw it was 1-1. Checked 5 mins before the end, saw it was 2-1. Didn't really care and just caried on with my day. I found that quite sad.
  • Someone posted a stat a while back about how we haven't won a game, when Noble hasn't started, for a very, very long time. I'd be curious how many games that record is up to now. Not saying he shouldn't have been dropped this season though, as he has been pretty poor, but so has almost everyone else.

I'm trying to stop myself from caring a bit this season as the majority of it has been a train wreck.

We've played 89 Premier League games since we won without Noble in the starting XI (Leicester, 2-0, 20 Dec 2014), when he's not been there we've lost 7 and drawn 3 (4 losses this season).

Without him we have won against Lusitanos and Accrington

Its the gypsy curse, I tell ya.......
  • Thanks Aslef, interesting stats. It's not as high as I thought on number of games, but I think it still demonstrates the leadership skills than many doubt he has.
  • Having Andy Carroll walk out as captain tells you all you need to know about the lack of leadership.

Wonder why Fonte didn't get it?
  • Because he's only been here 5 minutes and not playing very well?

Carroll does as much as anyone to warrant the armband
  • I thought he did well.
  • Luke

Well, imo he was our only decent player, and worked tirelessly in attack and defence, so I'd say anyone else getting it would have been a far worse decision.
  • ;biggrin
  • Wouldn't say it was the incorrect decision.

More the fact he was the decision.
  • Our lack of pace offensively is affecting us alot IMO as theres no real option on the counter attack, so everything has to be played in front of the opposition or direct to Carroll which can become predictable and congests the midfield which inhibits the likes of Snograss and Lanzini because theres few options in behind/over the top/ off the ball. Sakho and Antonio will make a big difference when they are back because they do bring that power and mobility and selfless running. Even Payet, who wasnt the quickest, made a significant impact because of his ability to carry the ball so well and beat a man. We are very one paced throughout the team- not slow but not explosively quick either, and it does tell in some situations, esp when dictating possession or on the counter.

Whilst we are a in difficult patch of form, I honestly dont think we are that far away from where we need to be and if we can iron ( ;wink ) out a few things, like individual mistakes and being a bit more tidy in what we do, then we can recover and hopefully finish the season strongly because the league is very compact from Stoke in 9th down.

P.S I liked Carroll as captain. Thought he did well in the role and deserves it.
  • We've scored more than 11 clubs in the league, and one less than Man Utd. I think pace is a problem, but we're getting especially done over on the counter.
This discussion has been closed.