Hull Away on April Fools Day

Comments

• Is Ranieri still free?
  • Stop panicking!
  • edited April 2017
    I think the biggest problem today is we didn't play Post.....
  • we did, he got one block in
  • MIAHammer said:

Is Ranieri still free?

He might be, but unfortunately Kante is not!
  • Very poor all round and I am trying to work out what exactly is the problem. Confused and frustrated.
  • So our best player again then....
  • Going down last day vs Burnley. Bilic is a gonna.
  • This is the time that the board, the manager, the players and the fans need to step up.

I really, really hope we don't become another of those clubs that hit the 'sack the manager' panic button at the first hint of trouble.

If we are going to sack our manager every time we hit a sticky patch, we will catch up with the O's in quick-quick time.

Take a breath, swallow the disappointment, and get behind the team.

We aren't going down this year, and Slav deserves the first 12 games of next season at the very least, imo.
  • I agree.

I'm off to pop my stoic pants in the wash.
  • This is the time that the board, the manager, the players and the fans need to step up.

I really, really hope we don't become another of those clubs that hit the 'sack the manager' panic button at the first hint of trouble.

If we are going to sack our manager every time we hit a sticky patch, we will catch up with the O's in quick-quick time.

Take a breath, swallow the disappointment, and get behind the team.

We aren't going down this year, and Slav deserves the first 12 games of next season at the very least, imo.

i will honestly stop following all football if we sack Bilic. We just become another one of "those" clubs.
  • Looking back logically it was a game of two halves and they were more motivated after half time. We were playing away to a team fighting for survival who hadn't lost at home for some time. we did not have our best team playing due to injuries. We missed Antonio , Ogbonna and Reid for sure.
    My criticism is the subs bench choice and timing of subs coming on. Yes I would have preferred Fletcher ahead of Calleri but either would need more time on the pitch to have an effect
  • Going down last day vs Burnley. Bilic is a gonna.

Rubbish Corporal Jones. Now get back in line!

I thought you were referring to this discussion board at first!
  • edited April 2017

NE. I think you may be right. I can see the board acting, to be honest. Results and performances have been very poor for too long.

We need two wins to get somewhere near safe. Can't see where they're coming from at the moment.

A new manager often brings instant results. I think someone may be given the chance...

So a new manager might get us 6 points, or keep us safe. (Sam anyone?)
    But it doesn't mean they'll be the right manager to help build the club for the next 5 years. So you end up sacking that one. (Di canio, anyone?)

Seriously - gotta take the long term view.

A couple of seasons ago, we were all ;weep 'cos we couldn't score goals.

Now, we can. Only 3 games in the league all season where we haven't scored. (Leicester, Man City, Man U).

Need to sort out the 'defend as a team' thing.

Upwards and onwards, rather than 'default to factory settings'. Because then it's always one step forward, 2 steps back.

Unless you (one) really think he has no hope of building a team that can consistently do OK.

In which case, no point hanging about.
  • I don't think sacking Bilic would make any difference.
    There is something at this club that consistently turns half decent footballers into players who look hopeless and have no desire to win .
    It's been happening for as long as I can remember. Our performances lack any vibrancy skill and passion and it doesn't matter who we play the opposition always looks much more up for the game. We have spells where we look ok but never really look capable of dominating any game.

Doesn't matter who our manager is or what players we get in any improvement is only ever fleeting and then it just goes back to the same old rubbish.

Don't know why it always happens but it is terribly disappointing and continually ruins my weekends seeing us put in such clueless performances.
  • I think sacking Slav now would be a mistake but when he says that conceding from a late set piece was hard to take because we'd defended well, passed it around well and created some good chances, it worries me. Either he's not being honest or he seriously cannot see how poor we are playing for most of most games.
    I still believe a large part of the problem is our coaching staff are really not up to it and have no idea what to do.
  • Think he'll be gone by the end of the weekend. That's the word on the street at any rate...
  • I just dont see how we are safe? Honestly can't see any games we are going to pick points from. We have as i said previously a few weeks ago, have relegation fighting teams and top half teams who we haven't beaten in the league at all this season?
  • I just for the life of me cannot understand how two players in Fonte and Snodgrass can arrive at the club right at the top of their respective games and INSTANTLY be ;hmm as soon as they put a West Ham shirt on. It's not as though we we even got one or two decent games out of either.

If that alone doesn't tell you something is deeply wrong right at the heart of the club I don't know what will.
  • Arsenal will batter us Swansea will beat us riots at the Spurs game and back in the championship with 20 k watching in a 57k stadium the future is looking great just like the 3 idiots who run our club promised us. ;angry
  • The traditionalists say "It's the West Ham Way" to not aspire to be amongst the top 6 and winning trophies, as we can't compete with the teams that do that season after season financially. I am becoming tired of having my dreams fade and die, I want us to be more successful, and no I am not going to support Chelsea etc, after many decades of following us it's high time we got people who can back us to go to the next level, we managed it in 1986. On December 20 2014 we were Fourth, yes Fourth, so what changed? We will I fear slip a little further down the league hopefully not by too much. ;pray

Slav has got to stop coming out with these excuses about not being able to defend set pieces. He and his coaching team need to sort it or we will be forced to find someone who can. I hope we can find enough points to stave off the drop but IF we do a MAJOR change is need with the squad, money needs to be spent. The owners got there nice big Athletics, sorry, Football stadium now put a team out there to do it justice. ;angry
  • That's the trouble. I don't think our coaching team is anywhere near good enough for the PL. if we survive, and I think we might just, it will be by teams below us having a few bad games. Problem is we are only 6 points outside the bottom 3 and in free fall at the moment but I don't think the team or staff realise the severity of the situation.
  • I don't think the team or staff realise the severity of the situation.

I would be amazed if that were the case.
  • They'd be pretty stupid if the don't by now but they've given no indication of it by the way they've been playing
  • edited April 2017
    Slav has had almost two years to bring some sort of sanity to our defence and has pretty much failed (barring a short ginge period last year). He's had the likes of Reid, oggy, Fonte, ginge to work with. Yet no signs whatsoever of progress in that area - quite the reverse in fact.

Last season those frailties were masked by a freakishly good offensive signing who created and scored for fun. Without him, now things are unravelling and quickly so.
  • A bit too much doom here. We bossed the 1st half and were poor in the 2nd, mainly because they changed from 5 to 4 at the back. Bilic did not react soon enough - Fernandes or Noble should have been on sooner. I felt sorry for Lanzini playing in central midfield with only Kouyate behind him. So many here have slagged Noble off but we really missed him today, alongside Kouyate.
    Cannot believe we paid so much for Ayew - what exactly does he do ? Feghouli and Snodgrass seem inadequate too.
    Lets go back to 5 at the back with 2 holding midfielders (hard to break down), with Lanzini behind Carroll + 1 other, ideally Antonio but if injured then Fletcher.
    We can stay up, defo.
  • MrsGrey said:

NE. I think you may be right. I can see the board acting, to be honest. Results and performances have been very poor for too long.

We need two wins to get somewhere near safe. Can't see where they're coming from at the moment.

A new manager often brings instant results. I think someone may be given the chance...

So a new manager might get us 6 points, or keep us safe. (Sam anyone?)
    But it doesn't mean they'll be the right manager to help build the club for the next 5 years. So you end up sacking that one. (Di canio, anyone?)

Seriously - gotta take the long term view.

A couple of seasons ago, we were all ;weep 'cos we couldn't score goals.

Now, we can. Only 3 games in the league all season where we haven't scored. (Leicester, Man City, Man U).

Need to sort out the 'defend as a team' thing.

Upwards and onwards, rather than 'default to factory settings'. Because then it's always one step forward, 2 steps back.

Unless you (one) really think he has no hope of building a team that can consistently do OK.

In which case, no point hanging about.
    Mrs G, I'm not saying I want Bilic sacked. I'm saying I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was. I doubt the board are looking 5 years into the future right now. Staying in the Premier League will be their priority and I think they'll do whatever they think it will take. Sticking with Bilic, given the way things have gone lately and with Arsenal on Wednesday, is looking rather risky where that is concerned.
  • Arsenal will batter us Swansea will beat us riots at the Spurs game and back in the championship with 20 k watching in a 57k stadium the future is looking great just like the 3 idiots who run our club promised us. ;angry

Sounds like a spurs fan - So negative. Do you do winning lottery numbers too?
  • Puddling

The problem is whichever system we play and whichever personnel fill the positions we concede lots of appalling goals.

So it can't be a personnel thing and it can't be a formation thing either? Which begs the question what can it be?

Rightly so, IMO, a lot of people are deeply concerned, me included..
This discussion has been closed.