Hull Away on April Fools Day

Comments

• I think Bilic is gone
  • edited April 2017
    I still don't think we will be relegated, but then again, I really, in all seriousness, don't see where our next point is coming from.

We faced a team far below average standard for the PL, and were fairly beaten.

There is so much wrong with us at the moment.
  • Calleri on ;doh
    Bilic has lost the plot.
  • Calleri on guess bilic don't like Fletcher
  • NE. I think you may be right. I can see the board acting, to be honest. Results and performances have been very poor for too long.

We need two wins to get somewhere near safe. Can't see where they're coming from at the moment.

A new manager often brings instant results. I think someone may be given the chance...
  • Who is there? Can't see Bilic going yet unless there is someone lined up.
  • The Swansea & Sunderland games are now massive ones. We have to stick together & get behind the team but I must admit I'm now getting worried.
  • When a player gets on for a couple of minute like that, I am always suspicious, but I dont really know what about ;hmm
  • If someone like Grey is wondering where the next point let alone win is coming from then you know it's not good...
  • edited April 2017
    Big Sam's 4th win in a row, Bilic's 4th defeat in a row. Couldn't make it up ;weep
    Really missed Antonio, Obiang and Reido today.
  • Well the Leicester board famously backed Ranieri...
  • Don't understand a sub being brought on that late and thought Fletcher would have been better than feghouli
  • If Bilic has no intention of playing Fletcher, why even have him on the bench? What has Calleri done to justify playing him? Some of the decisions this season have been baffling to say the least. I hate to say this but I really think Bilic has to go before it's too late.
  • We make too many poor decisions on and off the pitch. Embarrassing at times thought Randolph could have done better with second goal
  • edited April 2017
    You can blame Bilic and his couching staff but the players need to take a long hard look at themselves. Some poor and at times baffling decisions during the game by them.

It's worrying times ;puzzled
  • Personally I feel that Slav is a dead man walking -and I think it could be in the next couple of days as well. We are sliding into danger and running out of games. We seem lost when a team scores against us, and there are no leaders on (or off) the pitch imo. The chuckle bros will not want us to be in the Champo in the new stadium, and at a time when they are trying to sell ST's, they need to be seen to be doing something.
    Mancini I reckon - and I dont want to be right about this by the way. ;weep
  • I know players need to be accountable Suzanne but sadly it doesn't entirely work like that - you only need to look at Chelsea last season and Leicester this season as evidence.
  • My concern is that what is happening at West Ham is mirroring what happened at Leicester. Good players not performing with no obvious reason.

Do the players not want to play for Bilic? If so, we could be in a world of bother. And the Championship.
  • Hands up anyone who wants to take up the mantle of starting the Arsenal (a) thread
  • Sunderland apart, we are the worst team in the league. We seem clueless and have no tactical nous whatsoever. If the players themselves are not seriously worried about relegation then they're more stupid than they appear to be.
    They seem to be seriously lacking in any of the basic skills you'd expect at any level and I really have absolutely no idea what, if any, training they do for games.
    I'm going into hiding on Wednesday because I'm scared of what could happen at Arsenal. They must be licking their lips and Swansea Saturday is a must must must win.
  • edited April 2017
    I didn't see much of the game before last 20, so looking for some insights.

Masuaku looked good (again) on coming on. But how was Cressers? Were those of us who wanted Arthur to start justified?

Real problems seemed to be in central defence. Hard with two first-choice CBs out. Fonte doesn't seem to have found his feet. But should we blame Slav's selection/formation in addition to Fonte, Collins and possibly the players around them? I thought a flat-back four was going to be exposed today, so suggested starting with three at the back. What should we have done in hindsight?

And did Feghouli justify his position in the starting line-up? Wouldn't have been in mine.
  • If we look at our run in, based on the way we are playing and our current injuries/form/luck, I can only see us getting points against Swansea at home, and perhaps Sunderland and Burnley away, thats about it.
  • Signing Fonte for 8 million has to go down as one of our worst signings in recent memory.
  • Doubt we will get anything at Burnley so at best I think we might get 4 more points but will 37 be enough? May not be.
  • Why is it that experienced PL players like Font and Snodgrass can perform very well at their previous clubs and then look indifferent the moment they join us

And on the flip side someone like Victor Moses look indifferent with us and then looking decent when he leaves us?

You can just imagine someone like Byram leaving, joining another PL club and then quickly looking like the quality PL right back I think he can be..
  • The players do have to take a long hard look at themselves but are they getting proper coaching. They may have their badges but they've not got much experience of performing at a top level. Our performance coach is 70 years old and coached handball and athletics before trying his hand at football. Our first team coach was academy coach in Germany before joining Slav.
  • Feghouli tries but not quite there for me. I wish we were safe enough to play the younger fringe players like Oxford and Samuelson. Would love to know what Bilic sees in Calleri and not Fletcher yet puts him on subs bench?
  • edited April 2017

Why is it that experienced PL players like Font and Snodgrass can perform very well at their previous clubs and then look indifferent the moment they join us

And on the flip side someone like Victor Moses look indifferent with us and then looking decent when he leaves us?

Baracks ;ok I was thinking the same thing earlier today. Snodgrass was one of the most consistent players in the league, in terms of goals, assists and chances created, prior to joining us. Now he looks very average. Fonte was linked with some of the big boys when he wanted to leave Southampton, and again, he has been disappointing.

There is something not quite right at the club ;hmm
  • I can honestly see Slav going before Wednesday and Mancini given the rest of the season to keep us up
This discussion has been closed.