Hull Away on April Fools Day

My first match post.

I'm going to this one and expect 3 points, but it's never that straightforward.

A few injuries knocking around so likely to be a changed X1.

Comments

• Gonna go for worst case with the squad so no Reid and Obiang for this, also heard Antonio might be crooked with a hamstring injury so not going to include him either

- - - - - - - - - - Randy - - - - - - - - - -
    Byram - - Collins - - Fonte - - Masuaka
    - - - - Kouyate - - - Noble - - - -
    - Snodgrass - Lanzini - Ayew-
    - - - - - - - - - Carroll - - - - - - - - - -

Think Masuaka deserves a chance, really haven't been impressed with cresswell this season think he'll benefit knowing that his position is at risk

Hopefully Noble will be reinvigorated after being dropped

Antonio, Reid and Obiang are all big misses....but we can win this, need a big reaction from the guys
  • Noble wasn't really dropped, though. He was injured.

He might be reinvigorated, but 'dropped' won't be the reason. ;hmm
  • Hard to see which games we are going to pick up the points needed to stay up.
  • We ain't getting anything from this, Hull will win and we will be dragged in to the dog fight again end of really
  • I've no idea why I am thinking this, but I have a feeling we are gonna get something from this game (points wise)
  • Hull wont beat us
    We wont get dragged into the relegation battle (we'll have 36 points after we beat Hull - Even if we don't, the bottom 3 currently will not catch us up and will be the ones who fall)

#justsayin'
  • I would guess the international break may allow Obiang to recover. So difficult question whether Noble should automatically return to CM. Obiang gave away possession that led to the first Leicester goal - looked sloppy, but maybe he needed a shout. But over the season, his performances should place him above Nobes. Kouyate didn't get long in CM against Leicester to make his case. But if Reid is out, he'll probably slot in there anyway. Fernandes looked bright again to me, and I'd like to see him getting more time. Perhaps start with Noble and Obiang and bring no Fernandes for Noble early in second half.

I think it should be relatively clear that Caroll; Antonio, Lanzini, Ayew should be our front four if we play 4-2-3-1, with Feghouli and Snodgrass chasing Ayew's place.

I'd give Adrian a go in goal now. Tough one, but I think Randy's put in some mixed performances, and if Adrian doesn't play from now to the end of the season, he may leave. And I'd like to give him a crack at regaining his place.

So, I'd go for:

Carroll
    Antonio, Lanzini, Ayew
    Obiang, Noble
    Masuaku, Fonte, Kouyate (if Reid out), Byram
    Adrian

On the defence, Byram confirmed against Leicester my view that he could do a decent job at WB but is not a good enough at RB. But as we sink closer to the relegation zone, I'm beginning to wonder whether we can afford to give him the run of games he needs at RB. I think maybe we should go back to three at the back - for me, that implies a slightly deeper role for Lanzini or more responsibility for Obiang, but I think, while not ideal, they can both handle that:

Antonio; Carroll; Ayew
    Masuaku; Obiang, Lanzini; Byram
    Kouyate, Collins (if Reid out), Fonte
    Adrian

Alternative with 3 at the back is to move Antonio to RWB n place of Byram and play 3-5-2. But I'd prefer to have Antonio higher up the pitch and keep on giving Byram some game time in a RWB position for now.
  • Adrian,
    Byram, Fonte, Collins, Cresswell
    Noble, Obiang
    Antonio, Lanzini, Masuaku
    Ayew

Adrian in for Randy
    Assuming Reid isn't fit. Give Collins a game.
    Try Masuaku in an advanced left wing position.
  • Lose this and we're 6 points off the drop zone.
  • Twist - Kouyate?
  • Adrian
    Kouyate - Collins - Fonte
    Byram - Noble - Obiang - Snodgrass
    Lanzini
    Ayew - Carroll
  • This would be my formation for the first half

Adrian

Sam-lanz-Ant-cheik-nobes-ging-fonte-cress-snod

Carroll
  • edited March 2017
    That's ridiculous, Baracks.

You've got to have either Fonte or Ginge in the middle. Not Nobes. The most important part of a back 9 is having a tall player in the middle. Everyone knows that!
  • Twist - Kouyate?

He's a better player than Noble but... For the balance of the team i think Noble/Obiang suit us better ;hmm
  • Not sure how you can tell after only 20 minutes of Kouyate/Obiang playing together.
  • 2.1 to the hammers imo .
  • Whoops, posted this in the wrong thread....

If the reports are true then no Reid, Obiang or Antonio so.......

Randrian
    Byram Fonte Collins Cressuaku
    Snodghouli Noble Kouyate Lanzini
    Ayew Carroll
  • No Antonio/Obiang/Reid is a blow -Hopefully people will step up into their places and surprise us ;pray

Beat Hull and then we can all moan (from mid-table safety) that the players minds are on their holidays
  • edited March 2017
    Adrian
    Byram - Collins - Fonte - Cresswell
    Noble - Kouyate
    Snodgrass - Lanzini - Ayew
    Carroll

Randolph, Masuaku, Nordtveit, Fernandes, Feghouli, Calleri, Fletcher
  • But Noble's injured isn't he? ;wink
  • Yeah, he was, but I'm sure it was reported that it was a slight knock that wouldn't keep him out for long. With the international break that means he should make it back ;ok
  • Win this and we are 90% sure to stay in the league next season but we need to go there and fight as hull will for every ball .
  • Looking at Lukes team shows me how much we have moved on as a squad and that the owners have invested...

3 of our best performers are out and we still have a very decent looking first 11...

Collins never lets us down so that the front four looked good.

I would like us to review and maybe have 3 in the middle to help cut down on conceding.
  • Huddlestones appeal has been rejected so one less to worry about.
  • only 1.0 down at half time then Iron ;wink
  • In with a chance then.....
  • edited March 2017
    "I've been here for a 2 months, but I haven't seen the sun. It rains every day. I miss pasta."
    Hull City defender Andrea Ranocchia
  • Are the stewards confiscating fusilli at the turnstiles?
  • edited March 2017
    ;nonono

It can really sting if someone chucks it at you!

It has sharp pointy ends.
  • It took me a while to realise that Fusilli wasn't a skill based s.american football.
This discussion has been closed.