The 'couldn't think where else to put this' and decided it didn't merit a new thread thread

Comments

• At least they could have given Zab a suit that fitted - look at the sleeve length! ;lol
  • Love a chesterfield.
  • Also, their faces suggest that is a smaller room than it looks and the photographer has just played a body tuba solo of epic proportions which has cut some serious mature cheese.
  • If they spent more time training and working on formulations and tactics than on bizarre fashion parades we may not be in the state we are currently in.
  • Rip Walter Becker. The word genius is often over used, but not in his case. ;poppy
  • edited September 2017
    Steely Dan were a permanent fixture of my teenage years - Becker and Fagen two of the very best songwiters . They were on my Bucket List of bands to see if ever they toured Europe again - now sadly not to be.- I feel a bit old today.....
    RIP Walter ;poppy
  • edited September 2017
    Dimitri Payet admits he acted like a 'fool' at West Ham via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:
    http://1.ftb.al/zNTc/RCsnhAeWbG
  • This kind of thing, plus the Sullivator's communication style, should be taken into account when judging Bilić's performance under pressure.
  • Dimitri Payet admits he acted like a 'fool' at West Ham via @OnefootballEN. Read it here:
    http://1.ftb.al/zNTc/RCsnhAeWbG

;angry
  • edited September 2017
    The context of that is in no way apologetic. He is proud, and suggests it is a role he plays when he wants to get his own way.
  • A Frenchman who is arrogant when things are going his way and then sulks when they're not?

Quell surprise!
  • National stereotypes?

Down with that sort of thing!
  • edited September 2017
    Remember that he gave the interview in French and its then been translated so that might not be what he actually said
  • I don't care what he actually said. His actions showed exactly what kind of man he is.
  • ...and I think that part of the translation came across very clearly.
  • The most infuriating thing is that in 'normal' life I know that if a person acted like that they would get their comeuppance eventually. The 'real' world doesn't let people get away with acting like spoilt children for too long without being knocked down a peg or two. However in the absurd world of football it will probably not really negatively affect his career, he will still earn millions, and be hailed as a hero by some during his career (Marseille and France fans mainly).

Such an odious man.
  • edited September 2017
    It's all such a load of rubbish
    The real reason he had to go back to France was a lot simpler and a lot less prosaic imo. He was a naughty boy and got caught...
  • He didn't make the French squad in the recent internationals... should have stayed at West Ham. What a waste.
  • He didn't make the French squad in the recent internationals... should have stayed at West Ham. What a waste.

Hardly a surprise, he's been out with a hamstring problem since the first game of the season against Dijon.

He'll be playing in the Group Stage of Europa League this season, something he wouldn't have done with us.
  • I've had a good look in the kitchen draw and it appears I'm clean out of bothered.
  • Slightly changing the topic, and hopefully this is on the right thread as it is totally random

Whilst on holiday, a local radio station was playing an advert which included the following:

"To err is human, to blame it on someone else shows management potential"
  • So John Motson is retiring and the BBC are playing highlights of his 50 years of commentating:
    "Oh my word, Radford has scored a goal!"
    "Tigana, Tigana ... Platini. 3-2!"
    "Wimbledon have won the FA Cup!"

Could somebody explain to me why television football commentators even exist. Radio commentators, perhaps. But if I sat next to somebody in the stand, or in my living room, and shouted in their ear "Noble sideways ... Madline slaloms through a static West Ham defence and that's a fourth for Bolton Wanderers!" for 90 minutes I would expect to be punched in the head. Repeatedly. Why exactly do I need somebody doing it to me?
  • Our transfers could have been worse

;biggrin
  • edited September 2017
    Life Imitates Art...
    http://www.scotsman.com/regions/edinburgh-fife-lothians/edinburgh-heroin-dealer-mark-renton-given-jail-sentence-1-4546715
    Wonder if anybody has told Ewan McGregor he's out of a job ?? ;wink
  • Joe Hart at the cricket, perhaps he's watching how Bairstow stops 'em. ;biggrin
  • Happy Birthday @Bazshuayi !

Couple more years the club might let you in to see 'em
  • Is it baz's birthday?
  • I just looked on my profile to see if its listed there and I couldnt find it ;hmm So Florin (thank you for the well wishes) must have impress investigative skills as I can confirm it is my Birthday ;wahoo ;nolan ;barrera
  • Oh, fab. Many many happy returns! ;cake ;champagne ;hug
  • Have a happy day Bazman ;cake ;cider
This discussion has been closed.