Bournemouth (A) - Saturday 11th March 3pm

Comments

• Haha touche

He does bring legs and work rate granted, but he's got to create more imo, as his crosses and set piece have underwhelmed me

I'm not saying he's done bad but Antonio Carroll and Lanzini have to start imo so there is 1 spot left for Ayew, Feghouli and Snodgrasd
  • Ayew Carroll up front

Lanzini tip of diamond Antonio and Kouyate either side of diamond, Obiang at base of diamond. Could work well.
  • Here lies our biggest problem imo, the squad lacks balance

We have a great centre forward who can be unplayable if the deliveries are right but he is best as a 2 up front due to his laycock for mobility

But our best player (imo, and certainly since Payet left) is Lanzini who's best as a #10 behind a single striker

Then we have 3 wingers who all prefer to be on the right in Antonio, Feghouli and Snodgrass then Ayew who is the second striker/attacking midfielder we could use

But if we go 2 narrow we limit Carrolls effectiveness as he needs crosses or he's pretty ineffective

Then we have the problem of midfield, our 2 best midfielders haven't started much because a.) We don't trust our RB b.) Our captain and leadership figure also plays in there position but......we know the 3 of them doesn't work as we end up lacking any creativity

Individually we have lots of quality and we have depth and options....but the squad lacks balance

It's up to slav to sort it out
  • We could in that case WHU go with..

3 at the back: Reid Font Byram

2 wingers/wing backs: Cresswell and Antonio

2 In the middle on MF: Kouyate and Obiang

Then Lanzini, Ayew and Carroll.

;hmm

Hang on... what do I do with Snodgrass and Nobes?
  • How about trying Ginger Pele up front with Carroll; Ian Pearce style....
    Just whip crosses in all game. Imagine defending against those 2 ;puzzled
  • Champo I know predictive text is a pain but can you tell me what word was laycock supposed to be.
  • I read it as 'lack of'.
  • Probably right Suze but my predictive text came up with lack of. Maybe Champo is trying to smuggle through a minor obscenity. ;biggrin
  • I read it as 'lack of'.

This
  • Noble will probably get injured when on England duty, so Slav won't have to worry about his inclusion in formation too much ;run

#playNobesrightback
  • I see Lawro has us losing this 2-1 with Merse going for 2-2
  • Mings suspended, Francis injured, they're either going to have to play LB Charlie Daniels or a kid at CB on top of which their only fit CB Steve Cook is on four yellows so is going to have to be careful.

That's a defence just begging to be taken on
  • ASLEF ;ok With that in mind, I have no issue with 90 minutes of lobbing the ball into the box for Carroll and Antonio.

Last three performances have been good but the results less so, so I'd sacrifice the performance for the three points this time round.
  • edited March 2017
    What's 4 yellows got to do with anything? ;hmm
  • Those days are gone. ;ok
  • Was there a rule change and I missed it? Or early onset of Alzheimer's again?
  • The rule has had a minor change but there's a cut off point of 31 Dec. There's a ban if you get 5 yellows before the cut off but it increases to a total of 10 yellows after the cut off but before 2 Apr.
    If you get 20 in a season you're in deep trouble.
  • Ah well, I'd still play two up front, especially as Surman will also be missing from the centre of midfield so it will be Arter with either Wilshire or Gosling, they look vulnerable.

AC hat trick, 3-1
  • Mings suspended, Francis injured, they're either going to have to play LB Charlie Daniels or a kid at CB on top of which their only fit CB Steve Cook is on four yellows so is going to have to be careful.

That's a defence just begging to be taken on

1-0 defeat then...

#westhamway
  • Slav on Marky Mark
    He is the leader of the team, he keeps us balanced. Sometimes he has a great game, sometimes he doesn’t but overall he is playing good for us.  And he is more than a player on the pitch, his presence means a lot, it means a lot for the others around him
    Reckon he'll be starting tomorrow.....
  • Really wish we'd just try a game with Kouyate and Obiang in the middle

;quaver

Obi, Obi, Obiang........Obiang, Obiang

;quaver
  • edited March 2017
    ;quaver
    He comes from sunny Spain
    He loves the blooming game
    And he can play.
    Obi, Obi, Obiang,
    Obiang, Obiang,
    Obi, Obi, Obiang,
    Pedro Obiang.
    ;quaver

All together now....
  • For me it's not so much Noble playing or not playing but that Wiley is not in MF.

At this moment it's the choice of Noble that causing this but the lack of a quality RB.
  • edited March 2017

Just seen live interview with Simon Francis, he expects to play a part in the game and sort of said they've hurried his injury issue along due to Mings....
  • Try to score. ;wahoo
  • I've reopened the Payet thread and shifted comments over. ;ok

• I think Kouyate will be dropped
  • I agree with 2 up front in this one.

Randolph
    Byram. Reid. Fonte. Cresswell
    Obiang. Noble/Kouyate
    Antonio. Ayew. Caroll. Snodgrass

Away win 2-3.
  • I'd stick with the 4;2;3;1 but ensure the '3' really push up.

..........Randy/Adrian.................(as ever for me, whoever's doing the biz in training)
    Byram..Fonte..Reid..Cresswell...(would keep this for rest of the season if possible)
    .........Obiang..Noble.................(although happy for CK to take Nobes spot)
    Snodgrass..Lanzini..Antonio.....(really want to see Snod on the right, Ayew after 60)
    ................Carroll......................(ideally coming off after 70, hat-trick in the bag!)

COYI away win please!!
  • Kouyate at right back again. Snodders dropped.

Not sure I agree with either of them ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.