Chelsea (H) 06.03.17 - 8pm k/o SS1

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

It's not an exact science.

I know, but my view is the club have taken this approach with regards to being ambiguous around AC since he signed.
  • though he is a science project for any sport scientist over the past 4 years or so. ;whistle
  • alderz said:

The thing that frustrates me about Carroll's injuries isn't so much the injuries themselves but the fact that we never know what's going on. When he went off it was for a precaution, then he had a late fitness test against West Brom, then a late fitness test against Watford. Nobody knows what the problem is, or when he's coming back. I don't think the club is lying or hiding something or anything like that, I just can't understand why nobody ever knows anything.

Unfortunately Alderz, I do think the club are telling little white ones, at least being economical with the truth/facts anyway....

They've been this way since he got his first big injury........

I will add that AC's injuries have been complex in the main, what looked like very little turned into something much worse, but when the club found out, they didn't always release that information for fear of negativity from fans.
  • One other thing, I do believe they tend to wrap AC up in cotton wool a bit, because of his Injury history, which is natural.....

Therefore they're much less likely to take a "risk" with him
  • Club has just tweeted he's back in training, with a picture.

If you believe that sort of thing, ;wink
  • That's good, are we sure it wasn't an old picture of him, photo shopped onto todays training picture?

;run

;wink
  • Are you sure it wasn't a horse strategically shaved and put into a WH kit...
  • Got to match their formation to get anything out of this.
    Randolph
    Byram Kouyate Reid Fonte Cresswell
    Noble Obiang
    Lanzini
    Carrol Ayew

Adrian Collins Fernandes Feghouli Snodgrass Calleri Fletcher
  • So who will actually get the ball to Carroll and Ayew? ;hmm
  • Randolph?

Haha, I'm half joking and half being serious. It's gonna be a tough game. Chelsea have conceded a league-low of 11 goals in 13 away games.
  • IronHerb, Byram and Cresswell can push further forward in a back 5 than in a back 4 and get crosses in, while Lanzini can play through the middle, supported at times by Noble. That's enough support, IMO.
  • With his lack of pace, this game is going to pass Noble by. ;weep
  • I bet we get battered and Noble gets completely overrun, but Reid, Fonte & Randolph have the game of their lives and then Noble scores a penalty. 1-0 ;ok
  • If Noble is having a mare then he will be subbed off and Lanzini gets the pen. ;biggrin
  • Got to be honest, saw Chelsea against Swansea last weekend, and they were wasteful and still ended up winning 3-1.

Their pace and movement is really difficult to defend against.

Unless we have one of those games (e.g Man U away in the Tevez season, or the Arsenal game where Bobby Z scored with our shot) can't see us getting anything out of this other than beat.
  • Home win

;cool

#DealWithIt
  • Grey ;ok I think we'll get a very decent tonking, which is why I'm so frustrated with the previous two results. Had we got six points from them, as we should have done, you could write this one off without too much bother. But getting only two points means there's a bit more pressure on us, which will hardly help matters.

Comfortable away win I fear, 1-3
  • There's not really pressure on us other than it's a home derby. We tend to raise our game, especially if the crowd gets behind them, and anyway we've won the last two at home against them. A point to be had, at least. COYI
  • just a point ;nonono .....I want at lest 4
  • Got to match their formation to get anything out of this.
    Randolph
    Byram Kouyate Reid Fonte Cresswell
    Noble Obiang
    Lanzini
    Carrol Ayew

Adrian Collins Fernandes Feghouli Snodgrass Calleri Fletcher

I've always been of the opinion that if two teams play the same way, the team with the better players wins. To stand a chance we need to counter them, not copy them.
  • Lawro says we lose 0-2 so that's a good omen.
  • A point would be Fab Dabby Dozy...

We need to start strong.

Give Costa a kick and triple team Hazard who will be attacking our right side which we know is the weakness.

I think three in MF this time plus Snodgrass and Lanzini dropping further back let Ayew work for his money up front.

Time for a Big Sam point....
  • Rumours are no Carroll tomorrow and already know Antonio isn't available. This isn't going to end well.
  • Rumours are no Carroll tomorrow and already know Antonio isn't available. This isn't going to end well.

I don't have great expectations for the beginning or the middle either!

Shock

Again, no striker signing is ridiculous! Absolutely amateur.
  • Rumours? What rumours?
  • I personally subscribe to the theory that there is a good degree of smoke and mirrors about the statements put out by the club/manager when it comes to AC, which gives the impression he may make the squad etc for the immediate game ahead, when in fact in reality it is (yet again) a proper longer term spell out.

Perhaps to ward off and confuse those fans who are irate about a striker not being signed in Jan.
  • The club have put a video up on FB with the caption "he's back". A bit stupid if he's not guaranteed to play.
This discussion has been closed.