Watford (A) 25/02 - 17.30 k/o (BT Sport)

Comments

• Snodgrass on West Ham fans: "They are working 9-5 to earn money to support us, the minimum they deserve back is hard work & determination."
  • Who out there actually works 9-5 and no more?

;hmm
  • Thought Antonio worked his socks off yesterday. Never stopped running and gave
    his all but rather naive at times, hence his sending off, but If all the team gave
    100% like he does, then we wouldn't have a problem, apart from not having a fit
    striker, which needs needs to be sorted before next season.
  • edited February 2017
    Lukerz

Tripped?

The guy had his arm around Kouyate's midriff dragging him back from getting to the ball.
  • I was disappointed with the point last night but having laughed my head off at Mile Jupp shortly after I feel a great deal better this morning.

But... that ref and Watford are on my list!
  • Lukerz

Tripped?

The guy had his arm around Kouyate's midriff dragging him back from getting to the ball.

True but only after Kouyate grabbed him prior.
  • Feels like the season has been a big disappointment and yet we're 9th? ;hmm
  • It was a pen.

No it wasn't!! (Sticks tongue out)
  • If that had been Kouyate on a Watford attacker, we'd all be saying 'very soft, the bloke grabbed Cheik first!!!'
  • I thought Antonio was excellent until he was stupid.
    Snodgrass was frustratingly bad but at least got himself involved a lot.
    Feghouli still seems to be out of sync with the pace of the game but still thought he was very good with some positive running and a few clever link-ups in the final third.
    Lanzini's second-half was masterful.
    Reid and Fonte looks like a good partnership.
    Obiang.

I just think we've been so much better in the last few weeks even with the two gaps we have up front and at right back. Kouyate at RB is a bit scary though.
  • I've lost count how many bad refereeing decisions has cost us this season. Getting bored of it, seems to happen every game ;hmm
  • edited February 2017
    It was a good day out. We murdered them 1-1 imo.
    Lanzini was on fire and improved in the 2nd half when Ayew came on and gave him options with his movement, one thing Antonio doesn't give.
    How we didn't get the Kouyate penalty is amazing. He may as well pulled out a gun and shot him it was that clear.
    Cressie had a better game and even won a 50-50 and whipped in a couple of decent crosses.
    Snoddy had a poor one and couldn't get his crosses going although he put in some effort.
    Nobes was ok but insisted on passing back too much which put Reid, Fonte and Randy under unnecessary pressure with Watford pressing.
    Obiang, nuff said.
    Feg had a decent game and is maintaining his improvement.
    Reid, Fonte and Randy were steady as you go at the back and Kouyate got forward a lot and had a good game.
    Antonio is so frustrating. Should have scored with the header. Great run and shot leading to the goal. Walks back and gets caught offside and still doesn't see a pass. Stupid red as well.
    Watford were poor. 1 up in 3 minutes and then sit back and showed little ambition until the final 5 minutes. Only shot on goal was the penalty. They were pretty cynical as well.
    Both Manu and Valon received a warm response from the travelling fans and what a shame Manu picked up what appears a serious injury.
    Point gained, performance maintained.
    COYI
  • We have now got 2 points from our last two games, should have won both of them but for refereeing decisions. We are sitting in 9th nevertheless.
    If the players give their all then I will be content. We can't influence the refereeing so if we still pick up points, all the better.

;hmm

I do,

Kind regards
    Dolly Parton
  • You can't really get too upset if you actually play well (which we did)

The one thing we need to do though is realise that it really is ok to play well for two halves and not just one.
  • Just don't play Chekhou at RB for 1st 7-8 mins ;ok
  • edited February 2017
    I'm with Hutton on this.......(well most of it)

If Kouyate gives away that penalty with minimal contact and Zarate making a meal of it ;angry

Then we should've had one at the other end, they were very similar situations.

I don't think we're being intentionally cheated or they are Anti WHU we've just been off the back of many, many poor decisions in the last season and a half.

Apart from that I think Pawson got every major decision correct, the only other whinge would be that they got away with some robust and cynical challenges.
  • edited February 2017

Feels like the season has been a big disappointment and yet we're 9th? ;hmm

Mate.....it really doesn't, not to me.

All the problems with the stadium, the bulk buying in the summer and most don't jel or hit the ground running, in a new home which Slav admits makes it easier for away teams with the apparent wide open spaces.

It looked like a possible typical WHU nightmare at one stage, that has been put to bed, we've got 12 decent games to look forward to and a possible 36 points to play for, anything could happen, with the exception of relegation.

Transition season.......

Push on next year, small steps.

coyi
  • ;quaver Super Slav
  • Not sure if was picked up on TV but nearly all the players threw their shirts into the fans at the end. Nice gesture. ;clap

;hmm

I do,

Kind regards
    Dolly Parton
    Am I too late to say Sheena Easton's 'baby' works 9-5? ;run

#takesthemorningtraintoo
  • bazWHUusa said:

Am I too late to say Sheena Easton's 'baby' works 9-5? ;run

#takesthemorningtraintoo

Thank you for enquiry.

Unfortunately, our offices are closed.

We are open Mon - Fri 9 - 5.

Please try again then.
  • Can't help feeling we have dropped too many points to catch West Brom (+7 points) never mind Everton (+11). Both have better goal diff too. Tricky season this one, hard to call what position we will end it at.
  • I watched the match last night. I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been written here already. To call the ref a "homer" goes beyond giving him the benefit of the doubt, though. Payet's departure is the best thing to happen to Lanzini.
    After our first two months this season, I think in the cold, hard light of day, and after my second coffee this morning, I would say we did well in the second half of the season, and at the risk of tempting fate, it bodes well for 2017/18.
  • It does if we get a decent right back and striker , we would have won that game if we had a striker to get on the end of 20 crosses , and kouyata wasn't playing out of position.
    Just saying .
  • best wishes for Mauro Zarate looks like he could be out for some time never like to see that
  • Brookings, only 7 or 8 crosses beat the first man. Stats eh?
  • Just installed a free metronome app which is supported by ads.

What's one of the first ads?

iHerb.
  • Just installed a free metronome app which is supported by ads.

What's one of the first ads?

iHerb.

Well he does support 'wet spam'

(I'll see myself out ;yercoat )
This discussion has been closed.