Watford (A) 25/02 - 17.30 k/o (BT Sport)

Comments

• I think it is realised.
  • AC.... ;weep ;doh
  • If Carroll is injured I hope Bilic plays either Callieri or Fletcher, they are after all meant to be our reserve strikers. Antonio is far more effective out wide.
  • --------------------RANDOLPH----------------
    ----BYRAM-----FONTE-----REID---CRESSWELL----
    --------------KOUYATE---OBIANG--------------
    -----SNODGRASS------LANZINI------ANTONIO---
    ----------------------AYEW----------------
  • Twc probably my preferred team

Zarate and Niang have both started their watford careers brightly so need to ensure we keep them quiet as their midfield doesn't possess many "creative players" they are all quite workman like

• edited February 2017
    Hold yer horses, Bilic says Big Andy will be given a late fitness test so he could be in the squad. Ayew to start with AC coming on later.
  • And Lawro has us down for a 2-0 defeat again. I see he is back to saying we will lose every single match again ;) He doesn't even think we will trouble Watford much. ;doh
  • Great away day 1.3 to the Hammers.
  • And Lawro has us down for a 2-0 defeat again. I see he is back to saying we will lose every single match again ;) He doesn't even think we will trouble Watford much. ;doh

Seeing Lawro predict us to lose always makes me more confident ;ok
  • Strange bunch...

The usual 'spam' replacing 'west ham' (what genius thought that one up?)

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?59697-Watford-vs-West-Ham-Sat-25th-Feb-17-30
  • Strange bunch...

Be fair, it's probably the same guy that thought of "Spuds" instead of "Spurs".
  • I've just gone through that Watford forum. My new go-to consolation is "At least I don't support Watford!"
    For some reason, they're all very optimistic about playing us. I don't understand it at all. Is this cognitive dissonance, or are they all delusional?
  • Actually, I remember the origin of Spuds...

It started life on here, as a typo!!
  • I felt it was my duty to inform the resident spurs fan in the office that as their new home was about to become Wembley, they would be facing a relegation fight next season
  • Arthur Masuaka in the squad today.
  • Everybody available apart from Ogbonna and Sakho.

Only doubt us Andy, who has a late fitness test. May make the bench.

Other than that it'll be unchanged from WBA as we played so well, with Masuaku back on the bench.

Subs could look like:

Adrian, Collins, Byram, Masuaku, Nordtveit, Ayew, Carroll
  • ;hmm

;hmm

Maybe I got the wrong end of an earlier conversational stick.
  • edited February 2017
    This is quite funny from their forum

Quote Originally Posted by Cassetti's Beard View Post
    If they throw away a 2 goal lead does that mean their fans will get grumpy and start attacking parents with their kids again?

Hope not. A kid is a massively ineffective and unwieldy weapon. ;biggrin
  • Got to be 3 at the back this time vs Watford.

Randolph
    Kouyate Reid Fonte
    Byram Noble Obiang Cresswell
    Antonio Carroll Snodgrass

Adrian Collins Fernandes Feghouli Lanzini Fletcher Ayew

If we wanted to be more attacking maybe Lanzini instead of Noble. Comfy away win 1-3.
  • Can't leave Lanzini out as he's our playmaker and he's in top form.
  • Carroll not in squad from some rumours
  • So ac not around and our £20m strIker saviour will likely not be either.

Whoopee

Loss
  • Got to be 3 at the back this time vs Watford.

Randolph
    Kouyate Reid Fonte
    Byram Noble Obiang Cresswell
    Antonio Carroll Snodgrass

Adrian Collins Fernandes Feghouli Lanzini Fletcher Ayew

If we wanted to be more attacking maybe Lanzini instead of Noble. Comfy away win 1-3.

Lanzini in for Carroll and that looks pretty good ;ok
  • If Carroll's not fit then play Fletcher up top as he deserves a start. Maybe with Lanzini behind him and no Noble, as long as Antonio and Snodgrass track back and help in midfield. Take a leaf out of Guardiola's book and play just one holding midfielder ?
  • I'm feeling pretty confident about this game, think we will win pretty convincingly with snodgrass scoring a free-kick. ;thumbsup
  • think the Watford full backs will squeeze us, can see us getting overrun on the flanks.
  • ;scarf ;scarf
  • Strange bunch...

http://www.wfcforums.com/showthread.php?59697-Watford-vs-West-Ham-Sat-25th-Feb-17-30

This was by far the best comment...

"The two teams in terms of quality are about the same, so I reckon we will more or less cancel each other out so it will be a draw or possibly a win for either side."

;fence
  • so it will be a draw or possibly a win for either side."
    What other options are there? ;yercoat
This discussion has been closed.