Watford (A) 25/02 - 17.30 k/o (BT Sport)

Comments

• Snod's crossing been very poor so far. However he is finding some useful space through the middle.
  • Antonio has caused them problems.
  • The more you watch that penalty decision I think it was harsh.
    You would never see that given as a penalty against the top clubs it is more of a collision.
  • Great chance there, good work down the left, low cross by Cress, Snod can't quite get a size 9 on it.
  • Very frustrating as Carroll would be having a field day as Watford do not look sure of themselves in defence. As for us our defence looks in control, we have decent possession but no finisher.

The sad bit is everyone knew Carroll would not remain fit and this would be our position if they did not recruit and yet they let the window pass. The fact we have two strikers in Caleri and Fletcher yet Slav decides not even start with them shows we are a one man strike force, unfortunately a very fragile one man strike force.
  • This is going to be one of the days where the opposition has a charmed defense and we just won't score.
  • Serious injury it seems to Zarate. Long injury delay just before half time.
  • Good to see our fans applauding Zarate as he gets carried off the field.
  • Same old problem . No striker etc etc and no right back.
    It's not as if we haven't known about this for a million years !!!!!
  • It looked nasty.

I think Slav should take off Lanzini, move Koyute forward and put Bryam at RB.

We were quite poor in the first half.
  • Suze

I thought we were quite good!

I thought the pen decision was extremely harsh, and after the first 10 minutes I think we have bossed things, without creating clear cut chances.

I've enjoyed the way we have played.
  • It's the lack of a regular striker that really kills us.
    So much chopping and changing there is no real rhythm to our forward play .
  • Lots of possession but lacking anything in front of goal..
    Penalty for me , but if Antonio had gone over we could of perhaps had one..
    Not over yet, but the attacking players need some more composure ..
    Come on Slav do ur thing...
  • no cutting edge again ;weep
  • We look threatening when we go forward but the final ball/decision has let us down. I would hope that Snodgrass & Lanzini couldn't be as bad second half.
  • I'd be tempted to take off Manu and put on Ayew, go 4-4-2 and keep trying to get Snodders and Feg down the wings to put crosses in. Kaboul almost always has a clanger in him, as does Hilarious.
  • Antonio looks fine, but looks like he needs some close help. I don't think we will get much by slinging long balls
  • Yet again these refs
  • I agree Grey,I think once we gained our composure about 5-10 after the goal we have played pretty well and bossed the possession.

For me though, the penalty was a correct decision. It was soft and unintentional but it was a clip on his legs that took away his momentum.

Antonio has worked his socks off. However a lot of his best work has been running into the channels and then nobody is in the box for him.

Keep Lanzini CENTRAL. He is easily silenced and is resultantly ineffective on the wing.
  • So Zarate's was a pen and Kouyate's wasn't?

That's a really poor decision from the ref.
  • Penalty for us not given. Referee gives a foul to them.
    It's going to be one of those days!
  • Mmm, his arm around kouyate looked worth a pen.
  • Well if theirs was a penalty, then so was ours......

This is getting ridiculous now
  • Should definitely have been a penalty there. How that was a foul against I have no idea.
  • We're on top so far this half.......

Can't get my head around all these decisions though, you don't want to be whining about this stuff, but it's getting really really tiring
  • Superb work by Lanzini. Keeper stops Antonio score.
  • Ref is a bit of a homer.
  • If we are going to push our full backs up so far, please invert our wingers. Get Snod on the right to cut in on his left - it's how he scored a lot of his Hull goals.
  • Octopus earned his cash there.
  • I'm in 2 minds. Antonio is causing problems but one bad tackle and he'll be off. Maybe he should come off.
This discussion has been closed.