How good is Pedro Obiang?

1235»

Comments

• Bazshuayi said:

Not good enough to get in some peoples team (in front of Noble) vs Man Utd apparently ;wink ;run

The man utd xi prediction thread is what you will THINK it will be, not what you WANT it to be ;ok
    IMO if Obiang doesnt get in the first 11 over Noble there's something wrong. Unless Mark (post op) raises his game significantly pre season. As its Man Utd away first game, it wouldnt surprise me if Obiang, Noble and Kouyate all play (not that I think they all should)

Club capt or not... Obiang>Noble

#using a maths symbol makes it more compelling and official ;wink
  • Depends on Obiang's recovery, really. He missed a lot of football, and from the sounds of it isn't 100% recovered yet
  • Of his own volition, turned up on Sunday to support the women's team.

vhttp://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2017/october/16-october/obiang-shows-his-support-west-ham-ladies

;carew
  • Pedro Obiang rock has CLASS all the way through it. ;bowdown
  • edited October 2017
    Even got claret arms to his glasses. Always representing; respek.

Seriously though, I really love his attitude, he always comes across superbly in interviews and genuinely seems to care. And I always love it when our first teamers come out to support our other sides be it the ladies or youth teams. ;ok ;bowdown
  • ;ok

Though that article reminded me Jack Sullivan's managing director for the women's team ;lol
  • Still feel ;doh about that.
  • Yep. I didn't really think they'd start quoting him on issues related to the women's team.
  • So good that he let's a striker get the wrong side of him at a free kick to get a free header and score...
  • Then misses a tackle twice t let the player get a shot on target .... and scores .... although the keeper got a hand to it an maybe should have saved it.
  • Well he was certainly better against Burnley then he was against Brighton....
  • Who wasn't?
  • edited October 2017
    Absolutely! You can barely have 1 or 2 off their game and get away with it in the PL let alone about 8

But this is a Pedro Obiang thread
  • So the question is, how good is Pedro Obiang

Answer

When he is good he is really good, but when he is not, well, he isn’t
  • Even then, that pass to Hernandez - who should've been onside.
  • According to Sean Whetstone (West Ham blogger), Obiang begged Sullivan to let him go back to Italy this summer to be closer to his family, but because Pellegrini felt he couldn't get an adequate replacement, the request was turned down.

Not sure how I feel about this ;hmm On the one hand I like that Pellegrini seems to be calling the shots and has been very decisive, but on the other I do wonder what kind of effect it'll have on Obiang. Will he be as committed as we need him to be? Will it be good for morale?

But either way, it looks like he'll be going in either January or next summer at the latest.
  • Couldn’t get an adequate replacement? ;hmm

There have been a good number of options available - other teams seem to have found them and signed them
  • I’ve met Obiang a couple of times and he’s always been lovely. I don’t think he is the type to sulk. Lovey man, lovely family.

In regards to an adequate replacement, these replacements still cost money. Even if it were like for like, the agent fees and signing on fees cost the Club money. Maybe we were never looking for a replacement because if we did we may not have been able to sign one of the other players.

If he’s truly unhappy I hope he gets to go home in January but sometimes it isn’t so simple.
  • So barracks, what clubs have managed to replace Obiang?
  • Doesn't matter what other teams have or have not done really does it?
  • No, not to me it doesn’t.
  • I always get a warm glow when I see his name in the starting 11
  • Scamacca - "I know [former Hammer] Pedro Obiang because we played together in Sassuolo and he was here, and he spoke very, very well about West Ham.”

Pedro, still being great even when he's not here. 😍
  • I always liked Pedro, and felt he didn't get as much game time here as he deserved.
  • Lots of names that no longer post.

Grey 🍻