;lol you know this ;ok
  • Raul, Raul, Raul the Hammer.
    He's bald and Portuguese
    Meireles, Meireles, Meireles, Meireles
    Score a goal for me

;carew
  • ;lol i like that

Rav -

How Joey O'Brien hasn't found a new club I have no idea. And obviously Caceres too. Mental.
  • alderz said:

;lol i like that

Rav -

How Joey O'Brien hasn't found a new club I have no idea. And obviously Caceres too. Mental.

Surely Burnley would've wanted him? ;hmm

Seems like a Burnley player.
  • Surely Palace

;hippo
  • lukerz ;ok

That's a good shout actually. They have a squad full of British & Irish guys who work very hard and don't complain when they're out of the team. It's basically made for JO'B
  • Failing that maybe Ipswich?

Big Mick and the boys ;hmm
  • Mick & the Big Boys sounds like a band
  • We don't ever spend big money really and it seems the directors make loads of noise but that's all it is. We have bought a couple of players that are no better than what we have already really .We have a new stadium which we pay very little for . We have sold Payet and sold our old ground for a pretty penny.

The questions I would ask are.

Where is the money?

See previous post, but essentially, what money?

Big money? you know we've spent more than ever in our history and the big TV deal hasn't even been received yet? Have a look at our squad in 2010 and look at it now, night and day. We may pay very little for the stadium, but we pay out a whole lot for players wages, and that's not even the top top players.

Or are you one of those that think the Dave's have trousered it all? You know and the books are bent as well? ;biggrin

My suggestion and it is just a suggestion, take what the Dave's say regarding Marquee 30m strikers and "next level" with a pinch of salt.

We're 3 years away from having buckets of cash to blow on top players

just my opinion mind

;ok
  • Thanks for responses re Sakho - so now it's confirmed by Slav that he's targeting a mid-March return, I share the general disappointment that we didn't get another striker in this window. In the same interview, Slav mentioned Snodgrass as one of our players (he only mentioned him and Ayew) that can play "second striker". Looks like we're in for some more square pegs in round holes shenanigans.
  • I think its a wonderful time to be an owner of a football club. In general for the last 20 years/as long as I can remember, it seems as if they've always had to invest more money than they've made. Owners would help bankroll a club and it would be common for them to dip their hands into their pockets to get a club out of trouble.

To me, after the January transfer window, the tides seem to have changed. I know this is an isolated window but there was very little overall net expense by the premier league. Thanks to China spending huge amounts on certain players the league has had a better import/export balance. I could easily see clubs aiming to sell one player a year to China (if it lasts) to cover a large chunk of their own transfer budgets. Fans would be very happy to conclude good transfer business and for the club to make money if this were possible. Fans are unhappy when they believe the transfer business was poor. Not by how much money the club made or lost.

With the huge TV revenues, the huge valuations now placed on football clubs, coupled with a new player export market, high interest repayments on loans, and particularly for us a new free stadium, the owners should be on cloud nine.
  • Just catching up with the transfer news... Not signing a striker and a right back is criminal. Carroll gets injured tonight we've got Fletcher + Calleri as options. If Byram gets injured, who plays right back? Antonio?

Sigh.
  • edited February 2017
    only 4 more wins to Safety ^_^. Need to win 25% of our remaining games to stay up !
  • Blame the manager then Twist, Sully has confirmed how our transfer dealings work and it's his final say.

You'd of shot "he who cannot be named" in seconds

;biggrin
  • edited February 2017

Blame the manager then Twist, Sully has confirmed how our transfer dealings work and it's his final say.

You'd of shot "he who cannot be named" in seconds

;biggrin

As I've said previously i don't believe a word that Sullivan says. I see DG has been passing the blame onto the manager too on twitter ;doh
    And yes i think Bilic is being told what to say from the owners so they don't get any stick. That's how classy they are.

They said they would spend big on a striker in the summer, we got Zaza and Calleri on loan deals...
    Now this window has passed we've been told we will try again in the summer. Laughable really.

7m profit we made this window. Not including the wages we save on Payet and Zaza...
  • If Sully's statement is true then absolutely blame the manager. I absolutely love Slav but think he's dropped the ball on this one.
  • edited February 2017
    Then believe the Manager instead Twist, he's said we're not spending

Take your choice.

Passing the blame? Or telling it how it is?

You think a man like Bilic would agree to being pushed around like that.

I don't think so.

As I said stop listening to their jumped up stories, they get a bit carried away.

In the long term we've made 7m, assuming we don't spend it in the summer, in reality we've made nothing as the books will show as the transfers are not paid in one lump the day of the signing
  • Why do we need to blame an individual at the club? Can't we lay fault at the club collectively?

The club, whomever it may be individually, Geoff the canteen guy, should have agreed that we needed more cover.
  • Reading the C&B article some of the comments direct as Gold on Twitter, I am impressed with the good grace his answers them.

The guy is a self made multi millionaire and he shows continued curtsy.

I don't think I would have the same patience.
  • Twist

If you are just going to assume everyone at the club is lying, you can make up any sort of statements, and they are effectively unchallengeable, since you are not prepared to accept what anyone says as evidence.

Personally, as per the article on the OS, I believe Slav when he says he was the one who decided not to go ahead with Hogan and I believe him when he says:
    we were maybe looking for a right-back. We couldn’t find someone who would improve our squad or first eleven and that’s why we didn’t get one. I’m very happy with the squad now.
    So, rather than being cheap and criminally negligent, the owners AND the manager considered both a CF and a RB, and decided against signing anyone.

Not sure what else you think they should have done. Signed anyone, even if the manager didn't rate them, just to keep fans like you happy?
  • Slizz, is the LOL really necessary just because i think something different? ;hmm
  • Twist, no sorry that wasn't meant that way, honestly my bad.
    Mods remove it if possible.

;hug
  • They considered Defoe by trying to commit daylight robbery on Sunderland.
  • Don't need him
  • 'TEVEZ TOLD ME TO STAY WITH HAMMERS'

Jonathan Calleri has revealed a phone call from West Ham cult hero Carlos Tevez convinced him to remain with the club.

"I did speak to him a few months ago. When he arrived at West Ham, he was in a similar situation that I found myself in," the 23-year-old told Sky Sports News HQ.

"It was hard for him and it was also hard for me. I am staying here, I want to battle, I have taken his advice on board and I want to be successful and follow in his footsteps."
  • West Ham will go back in with a £15m bid for Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart this summer. (The Sun)
This discussion has been closed.