January 2017 Transfer Speculation

Comments

• Carlton Cole to Notts County hopes Nolan.
  • IronHerb said:

Carlton Cole to Notts County hopes Nolan.

Shouldn`t this be in the anagram thread or trivia thread. Because I would have arranged the words in a different order if it was me. ;biggrin
  • Why is Snodgrass so popular?
  • Why is Snodgrass so popular?

I think it's the beard
  • Suzanne,

He takes a good free kick but would be disappointed if his arrival, IF it happens, were to mean Feghouli left as I genuinely believe he has alot to offer.
  • Not sure why it means that Feghouli would leave. Payet out Snodgrass in.
  • sweepy,

;ok we can only hope that is the case if Snodgrass joins. I was only going on the concensus who believed he would be allowed to go once a few new players arrived.
  • He said he wanted to stay.
  • I think snodgrass will end up playing a mixture of roles; he likes playing on the right hand side so he can cut in and Antonio could be moved to the left, or he could play on the left and Cresswell overlapping/supporting will create enough space for him to deliver, or finally, in the 3 at the back system he could just take Payets position, so Lanzini and Snodgrass tucked in centrally a touch and playing off a CF in a more free role to compensate for his lack of appetite defensively. Still though, the though of him putting in quality crosses for Carroll and Antonio ..... ;wahoo ;wahoo
  • Niang to Watford, there may be trouble ahead? ;biggrin
  • Apparently it's a loan with an option to buy which becomes obligatory if he plays a certain number of games. You would have thought other Prem clubs would have looked at our expensive mistake and steered clear of deals like this??..

;doh
  • Ning Niang goolly goolly watch ya Ning Niang Nong ;quaver ;wahoo
  • edited January 2017
    See Hull are on the verge of selling Abel Hernandez to WBA, added to Snodgrass going and Livermore already gone. Getting £30m in total for the three of them. Mason injured. Diame went in the summer.

All it needs now is for Robertson and Huddlestone to jump ship and that will be the lot gone.
  • Snodgrass medical tomorrow according to Jinxed on KUMB. Take it how you want.
  • On SSN that he's having a medical and discussing terms tomorrow after choosing us over Burnley. Wonder what happens if it goes pear shaped, does he go cap in hand to Burnley.
  • It won't go pear shaped Thorn. He's a Hammer ;ok

Now for Hogan...
  • Get Defoe, sell Payet.

Net spend £3m.
  • He may not be everyone's first choice but he does seem like he's coming unless something really does go wrong

Get the impression we won't be seeing Antonio on the wings much anymore, will be interesting to see how Bilic fits him into a midfield/attack where you'd imagine Carroll, Antonio and Lanzini are guaranteed starters

Battle between Feghouli, Snodgrass and Ayew for that last spot, 3 very different types of players

Have to imagine that baring Payet moving then the Hogan deal is off. Gutted if true I really fancy him and think he could've been a great buy but we'll see how the window unfolds
  • Speaking to a couple of Leeds fans and they think he's a great signing. They say he was great for them and he gives everything.
  • Happy Robert Snodgrass Day ;wave
  • Chelsea's Serbia defender Branislav Ivanovic, 32, is in talks over a move to Zenit St Petersburg. (Daily Mail)

West Ham and Celtic are vying to sign Fenerbahce's Turkey full-back Hasan Ali Kaldirim, 27. (Yahoo Sport)

What about Ivanovic for RB?
  • https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2715665/brede-hangeland-names-emmanuel-adebayor-in-extraordinary-lazy-xi-rant-claiming-he-would-eat-muffins-in-the-gym/

Hangeland on Adebayor ;lol
    I was marking Adebayor in midfield. Suddenly he said: ’Ah, I’m hungry.’ I replied: ‘What?’ He said: ‘I can’t wait for the game to finish. I’m so hungry. Do you know a good restaurant in London?’ At Palace, when we had strength workouts, he would sit in the gym with a cup of coffee and a muffin. He was being paid by City, Tottenham and Palace at the same time, and he was sitting in the gym drinking coffee.
  • Anyone else think Rav will be having a muffin and coffee for breakfast this morning? ;hmm
  • He's checking his photo library right now.
  • Alders, surely that's three party ownership - which I guess is different to third party ownership ;dog
  • He must have one very capable agent indeed to be able to engineer a situation where three clubs are paying him to basically sit around and do nothing
  • Dodger

I think that City were so keen to get rid of him that they agreed to pay him x amount of money for the remainder of his contract with them even if he left, and then the same thing happened at Spurs.

I wonder if loads of clubs are still paying him? We might be able to get him on the cheap ;hmm
  • Where is the behave yourself button?
  • Best I could find ;lol

And I've had my ;coffee but sadly no muffin

IMG_2363
  • See that Van Aanholt has put transfer request in at Sunderland & bfs & his Palace have agreed a whopping 14 million fee, heard Dean Ashton on Sky sports saying how must Jermaine now feel, seeing them let a relegation rival being allowed to buy one of their better players...
    Could Defoe think he should also hand in a transfer request ;hmm
This discussion has been closed.